Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

Random thoughts that come to your head

Akademik   

why do we eat sambuz and bur during ramadan periods...is it religious..

and why does my mom always give filfil iyo mashaali..

why when ever i feel sick my grandma offers me

xabasoda, for any illness from head ache to just

simple sanboor..

Why doesnt tarzan have a beard?

IF swimming is such good excercise..how come whales are fat?

Why are somalians so loud?

IF a one of the synchronized swimmers drown, do the rest also have to?

IF a person with mulitple personalites threatenst to commit suicide, is it considered a hostage situation?

WHy is bush so ugly?

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Why do somalians claim everyting has vitamins? OR everything contains keemikaals?

NGONGE   

Not so much of a random though, but, why do people revive pointless dead threads? :confused:

Still, as the saying goes: don’t look a gift horse in the mouth! A chance to exercise my cyber jaw? Random thoughts you say?

Well, give me a minute to think of a few random thoughts for you. Incidentally, how random should they be? I’m assuming that in order for these thoughts to be random; they should be spontaneous and have nothing to do with the topic in hand, right?

Bare with me, I’m still thinking. I’ve just closed my eyes. I’m letting my fingers find their way around the keyboard (that typing course all those years ago was of some benefit after all). Sorry, I digressed there, back now. Where was I? Oh, yeah. I was trying to think of some random thoughts. My eyes are still closed. I’ve just opened them. I’m not typing anything. I’m staring at the screen, I’ve just lifted my left hand (my weaker typing hand) and put it on my temple. I can just about feel my pulsating brain. I’m tapping my forehead with my middle finger. Trying to shuffle my thoughts and see if something random would pop out! Voila! Here we go. I’m typing in English and thinking in Somali (in case the random thought ever crosses your mind, I don’t dream in either language. I dream in Arabic). Again, pardon me, I wandered off for a minute there. We were talking about my random thought, were we not?

Well, pay attention now, I might stray again and you might miss my random thought. My random thought, which probably isn’t random at all now I’ve given it this long introduction, was to do with horse’s teeth and looking a gift horse in the mouth! Of course the Trojan horse had no teeth and those poor souls that made the mistake to look it in the mouth probably didn’t live to tell the tale. Then again, the Greeks might have been lying and there was no horse to speak of anyway. The victors you see, are the ones that usually write history.

Enough of my random thoughts for now. Let us get serious; let’s talk about random observations.

My random observations are all to do with the Somali language (I’m going to phrase them in the same style as those that preceded me in this thread so as not to stand out from the crowd).

Why do Somalis when offering to drive you somewhere say “aan ku tuuro� Conjures up images of a paper tissue that’s tossed away after being used!

Why when we offer to walk someone to the bus stop do we say “ kaalay buska aan ku saaray� (No need to describe any images here).

PS

Can you tell that I’m bored? (I’ll suppress the temptation to revisit old meadows).

PhiL   

Why do i wake up early (8:00 am-ish) on the weekends without any trouble, and find it so bloody dificult to wake up for school and work? :confused:

Bess.   

why am i replying to this post...when i gain nothing from it?.....probably the reason u'all r doing the same thing.....cause U R BORED....why do somali men stare?.... :eek:

peace

Why is it that in some movies people who have never met before start singing the same song and have perfectly choreographed dance scene.

I mean how true to life is that?

Qac Qaac   

abaayo dhar fiican xiro and no one would stare u down...

why do ppl complain..

why do ppl find the religion boring?

why do somali ppl diss somali ppl?

why do we think we are so educated, when we only have a becholar degree?

why do we question everything.

Salma   

After the fights in Las Canood, I wonder when the Somalis will stop this cruel and black hate in their hearts. Who is responsible about all those innocents deads who died in this Holy Month of Ramadan??

If Somalis are brothers of Islam,race & land (And Iam sure there are blood relations somewhere between them) then why all these fights are taking place?? If this is happening between the brothers what do we expect from the enemies??

It is true that Satan is locked up during the month of Ramadan and nobody to blame for our sins except ourselves.

Sometimes I feel the Humans are much worse than the Devil. Killing a Muslim is a Big sin, killing him in Ramadan (The Forbidden Months) its worse.

So when this Tragedy will be ceased??

Its not a randaom thoughts at all, its always there :(

La xawla wala qowata ela bellah

I keep bumping into Neanderthal men these days. When did this proliferation occur? Is it OK to say, 'Oh, shut up and give me peace!' when they speak? I'm running out of patience on this one.

Some men stare even when u dress modestly. Do they have extra-sensory powers or are they that desperate? Is it some kind of illusion that they see, like a man lost in a desert seeing a mirage?

Some women stare however you dress. They do the up-and-down eye dance and when they've been down and up again and meet my eyes, I'm waiting with a pair of raised eyebrows. Ma dharegtey?

I want to buy a desert island but I can't afford it. I want it all to myself. I want to know what it's like to stand on the shore of a beach, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts, hair blowing in the wind, no prying eyes to steal the moment. Everywhere I go, there are people. Won't they quit following me and get a life?

I want to know why I'm spending so much time on SOL. Could it be because it's human interaction without the physical presence of others; that I can choose when to speak and when not to?

Why do nostrils flare? Why can't I find an itch sometimes? Why must I be tortured into looking for it? When I hurt myself, someone always asks, 'Are u OK?' 'No', I say. U shouldn't lie about pain. Why do I feel compelled to be polite?

I'm having the best Ramadan I've ever had. How do I keep it going and going? When will I die? And whe I do, will they look back and sigh in pleasure or forget me altogether?

OG_Girl   

Why we are "Somalis" ..we have nothing incommon.. we hate, kill each other and never like to see other somali is happy?

Don't we need to call our self some other name suitable more than Somalis?

Haters would be good one.. or hate nation!!

Salam