Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Somali gay community?

"Homos are disgusting and gross; sorry, I just think they are. Unless, of course, they're lesbians. I like lesbians...for real n!gger, I like lesbians. But I digress ..." by Dave Chappelle :D

Oz   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

You don't need to search "Somali gay community". Just google "Somali community" and look at the fifth result. That stuff is out there for everyone to see, without me needing to advertise anything.

There is no point in you bringing this stuff to our attention since it is already out there. Do you not get it?

But I won't sit here and watch you accuse me of "meddling" and "advertising" negative aspects of Somali society, or -even more ridiculous- Rudy's tirade about me "degrading" Somalis.
I find it absolutely insulting that after all the love and time I've invested in Somalia, I've become an antagonist.

^^^^^^Do not put these two sentences in one paragraph, singing in Somali songs doesn't make you Somali. For someone who is speaking utterly garbage about Somali people doesn't need approval. After all we know who you are.

Also if we're discussing homosexuality, personally I don't care what people do in their bedroom as long as it doesn't involve children or animals or torture, etc.. I find it a tad repulsive, but I don't hate gays. However many people in my country do. You should have seen what happened when they tried to organize a gay march in Bucharest.

Sherban Shabeel,

You are forgetting one of the most important rules of this forum:

Anti-Islamic: No one will be allowed to insult Islam and Muslims under any circumstances. Your post will be deleted and/or username banned if caught with any anti-Islamic attacks. Your views are welcome but your derogatory language against Islam/Muslims will not be welcomed at the expense of those muslims who pay the bill for this privately owned website.

This is a website for Somali Muslim's. Non-Muslims cannot begin to understand the affects of this issue. It is an issue that we Somali's have to deal with. We don't need you to come in here and highlight the problems Somali's in Western countries are facing.

That being said, all I was trying to do is raise a discussion (which seems to already be happening), not to "normalize" any behaviour.

^^ Sheer ignorance. You have been told numerous times that this topic of discussion is not up for discussion or does not interest most of us. No one is attacking you but we are merely trying to educate you so you may fit into both our cultural and religious aspects when discussion information. Although we are living in Western societies we are still struggling fitting in.

C&H Am glad you spotted his out burst.

Ibti I expected more from you, go back to Google search and type it right this time. one more thing, stop picking up faults rather address the issue.

Indhos I will spare my words. :confused:

ailamos   

I see there are a lot of homophobes in this thread. There are homosexual Somalis... so what? what is the big deal? why do you consider it a stain on the Somali community?

People must understand that there is no such universal term as a 'normal life'... normality is a relative.

So please leave the homosexuals alone, they are as Somali (and as 'normal') as any one of you whether you like it or not.

Sherban, good job on bringing this up, you've exposed the intolerance of many on this thread.

Ibtisam   

Oz, I did and it still did not come up. I don't know what you expected from me, and really it matters not. Bottom line is you are being a bully haada to someone maratii iino aha. You can afford to wax uu sheeg if you differ with so much, but instead you are being very rude. You are also forgetting he come from a different background to you and does not view gays the same way you do. Nevertheless thread or no thread, your opinion is neither here nor there, this lifestyle is out there in the Somali community both in the west and back home. Nor does this thread qualify as promoting it.

You need to separate your emotions from reasoning. It is very easy to say I object to this life style, my religion does not allow it and I really hate it, but hey it is out there.

The problem maybe is that you feel responsible for the actions for every Somali, so when it is good we celebrate together and when it is bad, it is shame for all of us. Well that is not true, we are no longer a society, we are all individuals and at the end of the day each of us will appear alone to answer for our life actions. Why then do you busy yourself with stuff that you have no control over and you cannot change? Dislike it as much as you want and hate it too, but keep it moving. I don’t have to apologies for gay Somalis, or Christian or Atheist Somalis, or warlord Somalis, thieves, murders, rapist (oh yes we have all of these too) (and yes Johnny B, I have put Christian/ atheist along with thieves, rapist and murders)

ailamos   

^ Well said Ibti... although I think lumping gay Somalis, or Christian or Atheist Somalis, or warlord Somalis, thieves, murders and rapists all together is not fair, I do acknowledge your religious standpoint for grouping them together as they're all engage in acts/lifestyles that are contrary to Islam.

Society is not a constant thing and it's dynamic, this matter of homosexuality has been present in humanity since the time of the ancient Greeks and possibly before that. It's always been swept under the rug but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Demonizing the matter will only push it underground and will not 'cure' society of it.

I don't think violence against anyone solves the matter and if you people are so into their religion you should leave it to your higher authority. Killing another human being is worse than homosexuality. After all if you believe God created everything, then He created them too.

Personally, I have homosexual friends, we work in the same office, go on lunch breaks... they're not different from you or me except their sexual preference and that is their private matter. My colleagues are just like any other stand-up citizen, they work hard, earn a living and don't commit crimes. So, what's wrong with that?

Oz   

Ibts:

Sherban,I do understand where you coming from but wouldn't it be okay not to advertise it! rather keep it on the low low, most people know they do exist, yet no one has thought of starting a thread of this like. Promoting or letting others know to me seems unacceptable.

Besides this is a Somali issue, If I were you I would stay away from it.

Thanks

Am I being rude here yaa Ibtisaam!!

You need to separate your emotions from reasoning. It is very easy to say I object to this life style, my religion does not allow it and I really hate it, but hey it is out there.

That's exactly what I said to him, are you finding it hard to understand?

The one above heh say what!!

I shall not, further continue with this discussion.

ailamos   

Come to think of it, demonizing homosexuals sounds a lot like the demonization of Blacks, Jews, and Muslims by the mainstream. Or the social stratification in the Indian caste system. Or our own tribal caste system where we push aside the *******, the ********* or the Bantus.

There always has to be an 'other' in society,

- if they're different then they must be evil,

- if they're different then they must be against us,

- if they're different they must be condemned for their lifestyle.

Interesting parallels...

Ibtisam   

OzWaxad ku tidi afarahayaka ha so geelin, and waad ku qiliisey and you question his intention for doing so. In fact adigu la qabeso the attention this thread has gotten because you forced him to defend his position, intention and reason.

Aliamos as Muslims are guests in the west we cannot impose our laws into their society, but nevertheless from a Islamic prespective there is a lot wrong with it.

ailamos   

Aliamos as Muslims are guests in the west we cannot impose our laws into their society, but nevertheless from a Islamic prespective there is a lot wrong with it.

No argument there.

Originally posted by Oz:

^^^^^^Do not put these two sentences in one paragraph, singing in Somali songs doesn't make you Somali. For someone who is speaking utterly garbage about Somali people doesn't need approval. After all we know who you are.

quote:

Also if we're discussing homosexuality, personally I don't care what people do in their bedroom as long as it doesn't involve children or animals or torture, etc.. I find it a tad repulsive, but I don't hate gays. However many people in my country do. You should have seen what happened when they tried to organize a gay march in Bucharest.

Sherban Shabeel,

You are forgetting one of the most important rules of this forum:

Anti-Islamic: No one will be allowed to insult Islam and Muslims under any circumstances. Your post will be deleted and/or username banned if caught with any anti-Islamic attacks. Your views are welcome but your derogatory language against Islam/Muslims will not be welcomed at the expense of those muslims who pay the bill for this privately owned website.

This is a website for Somali Muslim's. Non-Muslims cannot begin to understand the affects of this issue. It is an issue that we Somali's have to deal with. We don't need you to come in here and highlight the problems Somali's in Western countries are facing.

That being said, all I was trying to do is raise a discussion (which seems to already be happening), not to "normalize" any behaviour.

^^ Sheer ignorance. You have been told numerous times that this topic of discussion is not up for discussion or does not interest most of us. No one is attacking you but we are merely trying to educate you so you may fit into both our cultural and religious aspects when discussion information. Although we are living in Western societies we are still struggling fitting in.

C&H Am glad you spotted his out burst.

Ibti I expected more from you, go back to Google search and type it right this time. one more thing, stop picking up faults rather address the issue.

Indhos I will spare my words. :confused:
"You're not Somali, you're not Muslim, what you have to say doesn't matter." Sounds sadly familiar doesn't it?

ALSO CAN YOU PLEASE POINT OUT WHERE I'M "SPEAKING UTTER GARBAGE" ABOUT SOMALI PEOPLE?

You can take your garbage post and put it where it belongs.

ailamos   

Sherban, please don't get worked up over this, your contribution to the Somali dialogue is greatly appreciated. What some people have said is of pure intolerance and hatred. So give it a rest and ignore them.

Keep contributing... smile.gif

You can take your garbage post and put it where it belongs.

Word up!

Ibtisam   

Aliamos: The Kurdish take their culture and particularly marriage very seriously. It has nothing to do with Islam. Even here they kill their daughters who marry or date people they don't approve of.

ailamos   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Aliamos: The Kurdish take their culture and particularly marriage very seriously. It has nothing to do with Islam. Even here they kill their daughters who marry or date people they don't approve of.

I guess they don't know their religion very well...