Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Annoying behaviour in public!!

Ibtisam   

Maybe I am just a difficult person, but there are things that should not Happen in public places!. I’m forever getting into arguments on bus and trains. Now before you all decide I am mad I’ll give you an example.

I had to go down to Manchester for a conference, It is 7 in the morning, I get on at Euston station, get on my train, and I am minding my own business, sleep reading at my seat waiting for the train to departure.

Everyone on the train is quiet, Then these 6 girls come on, shouting and laughing at the top of voices. :rolleyes: Okay freedom of speech, I did not expect them to stay silent anyway, so I just carry on read.

As soon as the train starts moving, one of them gets them *s*t*u*i*p*d phones that allow you to play Music out loud,( remind me who the hell made the!) turns the volume up, and they start screeching along to some *s*t*u*i*p*d song From Akon called “you already know I wanna F...” :eek:

I hear once, then they re start the song and off they go again, I thought I was going to go mad. redface.gif For 30mins I did not say anything, hoping that everyone dirty looks will give them a hint!

So I walk up to them, purposely speak in a low voice so they have to turn the volume down to hear me, and politely asked them to turn i off, explaining that this was a public transport, I should not have to listen to their songs, If you want to listen to Music get some headphone.

One of them tried to get rude, the rest were like “oh sorry, we did not know” :confused: what is there to know! :rolleyes:

What surprised me was that there was a family on the same carriage who had kids, and they did not object, even though the song was full of filth! :confused:

When i was getting off the train i realised that there is a slience carriage that i could've gone to! :mad: :D

Then yesterday I went to a charity party, there was vegetarian table and meat table, some guy though that it was acceptable to get spices Spanish sausages and dip it in the sauces at the vegetarian table, I was standing there, think so what sauces I’m suppose to use!

The examples are endless, but the Music on public transport is something that I get all the time.

Anyone have the same problem?

Mowgli   

The music thing gets me too...and of course the ppl that shove London lite in your face...I mean there are only so many times you can politely say no thank you before you wanna go Columbine on their £@^%!!

I try to avoid taking the bus as far as possible because everytime I do, I always encounter badly behaving yobs. :eek:

You're not a difficult person, you're just a nice normal human being who doesn't like misbehaving.

What really gets on my nerves: people who try to overtake the queue (because I don't have the guts to say anything and it just leaves me annoyed).

-Lily-   

Ibtisam, don't you know most adults are scared of teenagers and kids in this country? People don't want to be confronted with a knife.

The most annoying thing is when people smoke at a bus stop and it's raining. Why must everyone else breathe in the cancer smell?

Yeah, young people always annoy me on trains. It’s like they don’t know how to talk to each other in a normal tone; it’s got to be a high-pitched screech.

Regarding loud music...

The other day, a group of East European men got on my evening train with a 21st Century boom box: an Ipod plugged into a portable sound system...and they were playing hard house and techno music really loudly. Then they broke into dance halfway into the journey...

We went from commuting to clubbing just like that. It was surreal.

Shakti   

^ did u bust a move with them?? lol... i like those sort of scenes.

ibtisam, i commend u 4 speaking ur mind out.

What annoys me is when ppl see u r in a line and they decide to cut u off ...just becoz u don’t resemble their westerner look .. “excuse me :mad: …yes I speak englisho, the line ends there”..

Ibtisam   

shove London lite in your face...I mean there are only so many times you can politely say no

tell me about it, even worse, it is the most racist and islamic newspaper around, but all the othes that stand on street shoving it my face are bloody Asian or some sort of foreign. I feel like shouting at them, "have you ever read the damn thing" it blames you for the crimes and .... in London..

lool Devil @you speak english!

water sometimes i worry i'm going to get hurt just because i can't keep my mouth shut; lool telling the wrong person to behave well in public.

lool Val; do tell did you bust a move with them?

Shakti   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

There's no such thing as "annoying public behaviour." Only those behaviours
you
deem annoying.

Stop being narcissist.

sure, it exists..U r a prime example of what we r talking about...oye did i go there with Sb

p.s.. I love the sound of that word, narcissist..anyone else?

Ibtisam   

German or no German clearly everyone's world view is different and unique, but there are norms that allow us to share the same streets/ bus/ roads/ countries etc.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

there are norms that allow us to share the same streets/ bus/ roads/ countries etc.

Norms are still Weltanschauungen.

I think you're frustrated dominatrix.

RedSea   

Ibtisam,I hear ya.Wow I thought you were gonna slap the day light out of 'em when you walked up to them,but I gues I was wrong.

Anyways,my solution would be dont' take the train or bus,buy your own car,you are your own boss then....oops,I am sorry I forgot this was London,yeah call me ****** American.

hodman   

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

Ibtisam,I hear ya.Wow I thought you were gonna slap the day light out of 'em when you walked up to them,but I gues I was wrong.

Anyways,my solution would be dont' take the train or bus,buy your own car,you are your own boss then....oops,I am sorry I forgot this was London,yeah call me ****** American.

Ok "****** American!" icon_razz.gif