galbeedi

Amoud foundation is doing what corrupt governments couldn't do--Dig water wells for the people.

galbeedi   

Above, one of the 20 wells they dug throughout Somaliland.

Here congresswoman Ilhan Omar for Amoud foundation.

galbeedi   

Why not give the millions of dollars allocated for the  ministry of water resources to Amoud foundation. Certainly the people of Somaliland will have water across the land.

$152 million spent in Hargeisa water project alone. 

Tallaabo   
4 hours ago, Apophis said:

I get a headache every time I see Somalis celebrating a water well being dug.

It shows in no uncertain terms that we Somalis are right at the bottom most.

The most evolved cultures of this world are planning to colonise other planets.

We are still digging for water, something which most societies on this planet have solved at least 2000 yrs ago.

war nimanyahow something is deeply wrong.

There’s no even a simple pully system to bring up the water. It must be done by hand.

Ridiculous. 

Soo ma aragtid. The Romans were building viaducts for their water supply and sewage systems across their vast empire two thousand years ago and in Hargeisa we still don't know how to get rid of our shit. And by the way, we still use donkeys for water delivery. When I am reminded how the intricate underground rail system I use in London was built 150 years ago or how the justice and democratic governance systems are being implemented for centuries now, I cringe with shame for by backward people. 

Tallaabo   
25 minutes ago, Apophis said:

It is a joke.

And the problem is exactly the same in every place Somalis live, weather in Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia Djibouti or SomaliLand.

In garissa there is a large perennial river which passes the town and yet, water is scarce most times. 

Galbedi can’t you use your giant brain which is wasted on defending Farmaajo to design a pully system for Amoud?

When I say "my people" I usually refer to the Somali people as the least common denominator for the sake of convenience because "my people" becomes quite arbitrary thereafter. I mean one will be spoilt for choice at who to call "my people" out of the clan and sub clan hierarchy in our social structure. 

Anyways, the reason we have been so incapable of achieving anything as a group is because we do not know how to generate wealth and then share it equitably. We do not know how to grow the pie, so to speak. For instance, if we are given a kilo of wheat grains, those who are in a position of responsibility will consume it selfishly instead of planting it to harvest enough wheat for everyone to get a fair share. This is what differentiates us from other societies. In every other society, the focus is on how to utilise the total potential of every member of those societies to grow their economies and improve the standard of life of every citizen i.e grow the pie. In our society the motto is a Darwinian type of survival of the fittest. The "laandheere" takes the whole pie and oppresses everyone else. Given the limitations of a meagre pie, the members of the "laandheere" clan fight over what remains of the pie and the strongest of the sub clans takes most of it. This process continues until no one really gets anything except the very few corrupt and connected individuals at upper echelons of our backward political structures. 

galbeedi   
10 hours ago, Apophis said:
3 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

For instance, if we are given a kilo of wheat grains, those who are in a position of responsibility will consume it selfishly instead of planting it to harvest enough wheat for everyone to get a fair share. This is what differentiates us from other societies

There’s no even a simple pully system to bring up the water. It must be done by hand.

Ridiculous. 

I agree with both of you guys. We are living they way people lived 2000 years ago. You might find a town with tens of thousands of people and no one knows hot to change a nut and bolt. 

Cities are filled with land cruisers and false universities where everyone graduates as a clerk to work for non existent office work. Every hotel in Mogadishu has Kenyan technician to fix the light and the air condition. 

Yet, I can't blame the wandering nomads  if there is no one to introduce them these methods. Usually, it is the ruling class, the business community and the government that introduces these technical know hows. If You a make the countryside rich and valuable they could afford themselves to bring these mechanical things themselves. A man with 50 goats should live comfortably. As Talaabo said, The person who supposed to help is "those who are in a position of responsibility will consume it selfishly" 

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

I wish the competition to power was:

How many schools built,

How many wells dug.

How many clinics built.

How many km roads built

It seems Somalis start to move that direction.