Che -Guevara

Attempted coup d'etat against leadership of the Amhara regional state: Abiy's Comments

This is either false flag operation that gives  Abiy and his allies the opportunity to purge their opponents or an actual coup whose eventual goal was Addis Ababa.

Either way, this is not looking good.

There was assassination attempt on Dr. Ambachew Mekonnen. Other members of top leadership were targeted too. There's still firefight in Bahir Dar.

galbeedi   

The Amhara are the last group to overthrow a regional government. With Addis and federal government nearby, it is difficult to make a coup and stay in power. 

In my opinion, this was a coup heading Addis halted in its tracks in Bahir Dar or war between Amhara officers purging one another.

Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Event: The Embassy is aware of reports of gunfire in Addis Ababa. Chief of Mission personnel are advised to shelter in place.

Actions to Take:

Shelter in place

Employ sound security practices.

Remain aware of your surroundings, including local events.

Avoid large gatherings and demonstrations; monitor local news stations; and follow the instructions of local authorities.

Holac   

This is serious. If the Amhara leader is wounded, Abiy could be in trouble if he doesnt get this under control quickly. 

galbeedi   

The Army Chief of Staff is Tigray guy. Maybe some of the Amhara are allying themselves with the TPlf. This is dangerous.

Che, Please keep the the updates

Sure, Galbeedi, the general is indeed a Tigray.

I don't remember the ethnicity of the head of Intelligence who is purportedly under arrest.

As much as I want to see Ethiopia disintegrate, I hope there is no war. It will be catastrophic for the Horn, specifically for us.