Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

The Power of Somali Kids

Ibtisam   

^^^Waa la igu faley baan uu malanya^ :D

Fu-Fu, brother, I am more Somali than Somalis who left home as adults. ;)

Baluug   

^I'm amused by Somali people who tell me "you're more Somali than I am". If that's the case, then why do I need someone to translate this video for me? :D

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't learn af-soomaali, so I won't have to make a speech in front of a room full of people like in this video, in a horrible accent.

Gediid   

Islaamaha meesha mashxarad(sp) ayey kala daaleen ma istidhi, sadly though I doubt if any of the women understands a word of what the kids are saying.That video says volumes about where we Somalis find ourselves.I know in qurbe it has become a norm for most kids to not speak Somali while their parents sadly enough do not speak English.A while back waxaan is odhan jirey waar dadkan maxaa ka si ah but now I realize why.Diinta Islamaaka I believe (correct me if I am wrong here)says something like aduunya gudoonka calamadaha lagu garto waxaa ka mid in caruur iyo walidku is af garan wayaan.That is what we are seeing today.Only 20 years later 80% of Somali kids from the first generation of refugees can not have a one on one serious conversation with their dads or mums and its truely a sad affair.

NGONGE   

I clicked on it expecting to see cute kids talking only to be confronted by older men and stinky teenagers. What a dull way to pass one's time!

NGONGE   

^^ Quite! :D

He's been away too long, our Gediid. Holiday? Spent time in hotels? Bedside Bible? Qoutes about speaking in tongues?

Gediid   

^^^^The signs are everywhere,time to throw away the pants and put on the khamiis and get the cumaamad out yaa Ngonge :D