Dahireeto

Abtigiis invited Naciima Qorane to Jigjiga

galbeedi   

Where are the diaspora boys and girls. 

Please learn the Somali language from this brilliant girl.I haven't even heard those words since long time ago.

"Jaamacaduhu waa kalka ay tahay in aynu ku daadini iniinyaha falsafadadeed, nololeed iyo qiyam ee aynu rabno in aynu beritoole gurano".

There are so many bright Somali young men and women buried under outdated corrupt system that denies creativity and imagination.

galbeedi   

People would say,  why there are no great composers of Somali art these days?

Well, people use their imagination to aspire something bigger than themselves like: faith,  freedom,  country , and somethimes for love and companionship of the other half.

You can't create a poem or song for the stupid tribe. That is why we saying , " dad waa dadkii hore hadalna waa intii uu yidhi"

When the old somali artists were even singing for love, they will throw the love of the land in the mix.

Here Baxsan and Samatar: throwing Xornimaa loo halgamaay...

It has been cold and raining for the whole week, and finally we got some sunny afternoon. Enjoy the song composed by our fathers.

6 hours ago, galbeedi said:

People would say,  why there are no great composers of Somali art these days?

Well, people use their imagination to aspire something bigger than themselves like: faith,  freedom,  country , and somethimes for love and companionship of the other half.

You can't create a poem or song for the stupid tribe. That is why we saying , " dad waa dadkii hore hadalna waa intii uu yidhi"

When the old somali artists were even singing for love, they will throw the love of the land in the mix.

Here Baxsan and Samatar: throwing Xornimaa loo halgamaay...

It has been cold and raining for the whole week, and finally we got some sunny afternoon. Enjoy the song composed by our fathers.

Did it remind you the difference between listening it on Radio and today's media?

galbeedi   

OO, 

it is totally different when you hear it  from Radio Mogadishu. I remember visiting Djibouti when I was young high school boy, and my maternal cousins were listening a song by the blind singer Ahmadey Abubaker at the Radio. 

Some of the lyrics were:

Webigii Shabeeliyo Jubba aan wareeyste

I still remember to this day that the young lady who was my maternal cousin say, " Waxaan ku fikiraa goormaad webiga shabeeli arki doontaa" 

It was a powerful and moving experience listening from the radio. Now it is all there for free and it doesn't have the same value.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, galbeedi said:

OO, 

it is totally different when you hear it  from Radio Mogadishu. I remember visiting Djibouti when I was young high school boy, and my maternal cousins were listening a song by the blind singer Ahmadey Abubaker at the Radio. 

Some of the lyrics were:

Webigii Shabeeliyo Jubba aan wareeyste

I still remember to this day that the young lady who was my maternal cousin say, " Waxaan ku fikiraa goormaad webiga shabeeli arki doontaa" 

I

In deed. She is right. You can feel and envision when listening on Radio.