Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Funny facts about turning 30

ileen odayaal iyo habro gaboobey aa meeshaan ka buuxo, the average here must be like 35. I kid. :D

I'll turn soddon in 8 years, so will see if any of that nonsense you posted has any truth to it.

Buuxo   

^LOL@Qalbi-adke, that was my thoughts exactly .Ileen SOL duqooshin aa ka buuxo :D

Norf, cimri dheer iyo cibaado suuban aan kugu duceeye bro.

^Ma ila aragtey.

Hopefully I will have more pleasurable and worthwhile activities to persue in my 30ties than foruming and trying to argue with a bunch of 20ties knuckleheads icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Knitting, my dear? icon_razz.gif

Talking of older people and the activities they get up to in their spare time reminds me of a conversation I had with my eighteen year old Nephew the other day.

Nephew: Do you have a Facebook account, abti?

Me: Even if I had one, I am not going to add you.

Nephew: Are you ashamed of me, abti?

Me: No. It just does not feel right to have you in my Facebook.

Nephew: Why?

Me: For a start, I bet you have loads of girls on your one and you probably spend all your time flirting with them and other stuff. I cannot be seen to approve of such things.

Nephew: I am a grown man.

Me: Heh.

Nephew: Did you never talk to girls when you were my age, abti?

Me: I did. I still do.

Nephew: So you are just a hypocrite?

Me: YES. Big time hypocrite, abti! I just don't want to read your rubbish as you chat up your girls.

Nephew: You know ayeeyo Leila's husband? He's on my Facebook.

Me: MY habaryaro Leila's husband? Are you sure?

Nephew: YES.

Me: How in the world did you find him there?

Nephew: Through his son (your cousin).

Me: He's there too?

Nephew: EVERYONE is there. Habaryaro hiblaayo, adeero hebel, eedo hiblaayo, abti hebel, etc, etc..

Me: How come nobody told me?

Nephew: That's because you are anti social, abti. You don't like to mix with anyone.

Me: I am not anti social.

Nephew: Does that mean you will add me?

Me: NO. I am your abti, you silly boy. I don't want you on my Facebook.

Nephew: You know hoyo is on Facebook too, don't you? She's on my friends' list.

Me: MY SISTER is on Facebook? But she's too old for such stuff.

Nephew: You're old too, you hypocrite.

Me: Warya, watch your mouth.

Nephew: Ok sorry. But you said you were a hypocrite.

Me: Does your father know about your mother being on Facebook?

Nephew: YEAH! He's on Facebook too!

Me: Ina fajacna!

Nephew: I was telling ayeeyo about Facebook and promised to set up an account for her. She can talk to all her sisters that way and see their photos.

Me: Warya, stay away from my mother. Don't go teaching her such things.

Nephew: You're so old fashioned, abti. Everyone has a Facebook these days. All my friends' mothers and family have their own accounts. It's no big deal.

Me: I don't want MY MOTHER on Facebook warya. You have been warned.

Nephew: It's a free world, abti. It's her choice. And, anyway, awoowe approves. He wants to setup his own Facebook too.

Me: This is your LAST WARNING, abti. If I find out that either of my parents are on that darn site I am going to turn your bloody face into a facebook.

Nephew: Allow it, abti. I am not ten anymore.

ps

Aaliyah, I have no aunt called Leila but most of the rest is true. :D

Ibtisam   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ^^^ HAHAh That is creepy, Facebook is not for anyone who is over 30ish, even you should not be on there! Lol. LOL AAliyah has you under control. LOL

NGONGE   

^^ Apparently, IT IS. icon_razz.gif

My Facebook is used more like visual e-mail. Only the selected few are on it. I think it was eleven people at the last count. :cool:

Facebook might be populated mostly by college students and other 20-somethings, but we keep hearing about oldsters joining the site.

Normally we assume this means 30-somethings like certain SAI editors and their friends from high school. But sometimes this means truly elderly people. Like Ivy Bean, who at 102 is believed to be the oldest person on the social network.

Ivy was born 46 years before the first computer was invented. She joined Facebook last year, when she moved to her most recent nursing home in Bradford, England. The staff there set up a Facebook group about her, and posted a video of her winning the gold in Bradford's over-75 Olympics, for the Frisbee toss.

The takeaway here: If you want to add a lot of Facebook friends, very very quickly, get written up the Daily Mail. As of Friday morning, Ivy had 9 Facebook friends. Last we checked she was up to 3,490.

Pic from Ivy's profile via the Daily Mail

f?id=48a5d3e2796c7a2300acf3d8&ctxt=wwwr1

Source

Haneefah   

Allah yaa wax xawaasheyey oon NGONGE ahayn :D

At least you weren't the one rejected. My 14 yr old niece refused to add me to her list; I hadn't gotten over the shock that she was even on FB let alone not accepting me while she gladly accepted my sister in-laws and other family members....then she tells them she was afraid I'd be too strict and that I would inform her daddy. And here I thought I was the coolest eedo ever :(

NGONGE   

Heh@Haneefah. Being cool and disapproving of her adding someone who looks like he has weed for breakfast on her list, are not the same thing. Trust me, you're lucky she rejected you. :D

Haneefah   

^Lol, you have a point but I refuse to think heerkaas iney gaadhey. It's more about the Britney look-alikes, I think. God, I can't imagine parenting teens.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Afr0 GirL:

Does anyone else that just hit age 30 feel like they are having a type of midlife crisis already?

They called that a 'Proto-midlife crisis', i had one when i was five

Congrats Norf!