Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

America's Muslim Capitals

STOIC   

As should be obvious to all of us, American Muslims face greater burdens after September 11 incident of terorist attacks.As the outrage for the proposal of masjid near ground zero burns like jet fuel, the questions about the place of Islam in America lacerate like flying glass. This incident of bigotry by the far-right and Islamophobes could cause the arise of a unitary form of American Islam. Islam is becoming the bullied kid on the block.The heightened awareness and scrutiny of the Muslim community should unite the ummah.American Muslims compromise a variety of ethnicities and mother tongues-sorta like the melting pot of Islam.Incidents like open bigotry brings communities together...I believe there is still hope in believing in the American system of fairness and justice for all…I love this country minus the bigots and Islamophobes....Islam is here to stay! Enjoy this pictures taken around America cities where beautiful masjids have been built in American big and small cities..There is even Muslims in a place called Cedar Rapids, Iowa :D

America's Muslim capitals

SeeKer   

STOIC lol @ even a place called Cedar Rapids. I guess you never travelled the midwest sxb.

As for bigots and Islamophobes don't you think we have invited this scrutiny ourselves by closeting our religion? Lately I feel like some Muslims push the envelope when it comes to certain things. There are some among us that feel the need to wear our religion on our sleeves. Its all well and good but if we took part in the community and society we live in instead of being secluded perhaps some of these 'bigots and Islamophobes' wouldn't exist. They would understand why Ahmed from down the street wears a khamis on Fridays or why Salma can't shake hands with men......

Its just a thought........