Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

jobs students

It's tough out there, I know a lot of recent graduates who are having a tough time finding work even for so called stable careers. i'd think about doing graduate school or supplementing your education with a practical degree/diploma from a community college or something if I were you.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Farancab:

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it can be, as I am also job searching...

Good luck to both of you, habo Qoolo.
Thanks habo...I had an interview this morning...Got a call from one of their reps just before six to tell me that they'd like offer me the position!!!!!!!!I am so excited I am having a head rush...Guriga inaa kaalafooto ku dhex maro aan ka baqaa!!!! Alxamdulilaah...

Ok let me calm down a bit and catch my breath...

Indhoos & Rose, no problem, that's the least I can contribute...

Good luck to everyone, keep a positive attitude and insha'allah kheyr... ;)

Castro   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I had an interview this morning...Got a call from one of their reps just before six to tell me that they'd like offer me the position!

In this economy? Talk about the luck of the Irish. Congrats young lady. There's hope then you'd buy me that lunch. What was the name of that restaurant in Square One? :D

Baashi   

Share the wealth marwo Cool Cat. Save some of the money you make and beware the habit of spending money you don't have on things you don't need.

Hambalyo

Kool_Kat   

This did not come easy walahi...I've been searching since November...Habartey ducada waaka dhamaatay...Shidh I deserve this (I mean alxamdulilah)...Ther e were times when I was up til 2am searching the net for jobs or reseaching companies...I just hope I fit in with the company...

Duke, :cool:

Indhoos, aamiin walaashiis...

Castro, it is called The Host...Too bad I don't do Indian food! If I ain't eating, I ain't buying... :D

Baashi, I am aware of the habit, but can't kick it just yet...

SQA & Cara, muchos gracias...

EDIT:

In celebration of my new job, e-Coffee and Xalwo is on me! smile.gif

TopGirl   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

what do u want do, kid? be specific and you will get specific answers.

i want to work for local and national government offices. the housing department, NHS, home office etc ect for example. do any ofyou have ideas of how i can get a job with them?

Curly   

^^^ Here's a couple great website for you http://beta.civilser vice.gov.uk/

http://www.jobsgopub lic.com/

Remember that the majority of local and central government vacancies don't take CVs. The important bit is your personal/supporting statement, the key is look at the personal specification and to be precise and concise with your answers for each. You don't need to make it flow just say that how you're able in each criteria and give examples of how you've gained the relevant skills and knowledge. It's a full proof way of getting shortlisted for an interview the rest requires you to read up in the relevant field. Experience is crucial and that sometimes involves a bit of padding...but you're a graduate so research and you'll know what they want to hear!

Here's an example:

-----------------

Skills & Abilities- Data manipulation and interpretation

My degree was extremely analytical and I have developed strong skills in data extrapolation and manipulation to identify trends and to interpret raw data, specifically in biosciences and epidemiology. I am able to use a range of techniques and methods to aggregate analyses data. I am familiar with the use of health and data indicators as published in the Compendium of Clinical Indicators and other mediums. Whilst working in xxxxx we received datasets and raw data of births in the local area to input into our database and identify our target audience and trends.

---------------

I would encourage you to sort jobs in the public sector, in these difficult times job security is important.

Goodluck!