Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

Iranian cleric 'blames quakes on promiscuous women'

ailamos   

This is too funny to keep to myself... :D:D:D

Promiscuous women are responsible for earthquakes, a senior Iranian cleric has said.

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.

Tens of thousands of people have died in Iran earthquakes in the last decade.

Mr Sedighi was delivering a sermon on the need for a "general repentance" by Iranians.

"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes," he said.

'Disappoint God'

Young Iranians sometimes push the boundaries of how they can dress, showing hair under their headscarves or wearing tight fitting clothes.

Mr Sedighi also referred to violence following last year's elections, which occurred when thousands of - mostly young - Iranians protested against the result, as a "political earthquake".

"Now if a natural earthquake hits Tehran, no one will be able to confront such a calamity but God's power, only God's power. So lets not disappoint God."

More than 25,000 people died when a powerful earthquake hit the ancient town of Bam in 2003.

Seismologists have warned that the Iranian capital Tehran is situated on a large number of tectonic fault lines and could be hit by a devastating quake soon.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said many of Tehran's 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

There are plans to build a purpose built new capital near Qom.

LMFO! Have you read Thousand Splendid Suns by the author of the Kite Runner? Amazing book. Anyhoo, anytime I hear about men blaming women for everything under the sun, I'm reminded of this quote in the book by Mariam's mom : like a compus needle, a man's accusing finger always find a woman. Remember that Mariam."

^You too confused the hell of me, why are you having the same av on display? See what you did to me now :D On serious note though, it's not only the Muslim clerics/men that say the weirdest things and blame woman for all sort of human ails. I have seen priest in Haiti and in part of Africa doing the same. Pat Robinson blames homos on all things bad. Our muslin clerics need to upgrade their game and come up with some sophistication, this consistent accusation is getting old and cliche!

LOL! Sowie. If it is any consolation, I had the Avatar first!!

I've heard Christian men who do the same; blame America's financial situation on women shouldering men in the workforce. But the difference is they dont quoate the Bible. Yeah, so nothing new there.

nuune   

Ailamos, what do you normally search in Google in order to get this kind of theology oriented articles, you quite addicted to such articles don't you!

Rest of your topics include:

Egypt's anxious Copts 'await next catastrophe

US says Europe is biased against Muslims

Is English law related to Muslim law?

History of the Devil

A Secular Somali State?

British Muslims demand apology

and many others!

Maybe you are looking for the truth, and hopefully one day you will see the light smile.gif

ANWAR   

I support the Iranian cleric because he is telling the truth!!

Many women in Tehran and other major cities in Iran has ignored the rules of Sharia law, and has instead dressed in pants, tight-fitting jackets and loose shawls. This go against the law

THIS IS WHAT HE WANT IRANIAN WOMEN TO DRESS LIKE

all-kinds-of-hijab.jpg

NOT THIS

iran_girl.jpg

^^ So following this logic a simple change of attire can keep natural catastrophes away? mmm how delusional

Peasant: Us women fight? Never. We discuss walaal smile.gif

Serenity: I totally agree

B   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Why cant it be the opposite - male nudity causes siesmic movememt? Is that unthinkable?

ewwwwww you have some funny ideas brov!

ailamos   

Originally posted by nuune:

Ailamos
, what do you normally search in Google in order to get this kind of theology oriented articles, you quite addicted to such articles don't you!

Rest of your topics include:

and many others!

Maybe you are looking for the truth, and hopefully one day you will see the light
smile.gif

:D:D maybe I'm already basking in the light? ;) ... I suppose I post such stuff because I think it might be of general interest to some in the forum... if I did post stuff on the latest research article or news post that I found cool then I don't think anyone would be interested... here are other posts I found really interesting today: