galbeedi

The oil wars are coming to Jubbaland and the locals want to fight for Somalia, but Madoobe might join Kenya.

galbeedi   

A multi layered plot fueled by oil might come to the shores of Kismaayo.

It is all about the black gold called oil.

The architect of the  Jubbaland plan was not other than  former Somali defense minister and renown Somali scholar Mohamed Abdi  Gaandhi. He was not only a former diplomats but also a seasoned scholar and politician who understood how the world worked. He was the most educated Somali in any Somali government cabinet for the last 30 years.

As soon as he became the defense minister, he thought big and wanted to bring the Somali quagmire though big and bold idea. He went to Washington and told the American security establishment that a well trained 30,000 Somali troops could bring law and order from Lughaya to KIsmaayo. On that note, he organized a meeting of former Somali generals led by late Somali general Mohamed Ali Samatar in Virginia. Destructive personalities like  general Galaal who participated denounced the plan as the old guard of the Somali military replacing the old system. While Somalia had good officers and soldiers , our generals were never up to the challenge. Even today, we have some of the weakest generals in the world.

Anyway, that idea didn't get any traction due to many reasons. Yet, Mr. Gaandhi , did not give up, but changed strategy to tackle the security of smaller version of Somalia---Azania, aka Jubbaland.

He hatched a plan with a French big oil multinational Total  to explore oil in the Jubba basin, while in return helping him to establish his administration. The plan was a multilayered scheme that was difficult to grasp. He asked Kenya to train 1500 strong Somali soldiers from the Jubba area and from his clan in specifically. President Shariif , the novice man with no political experience , accepted the deal and those men were sent to Kenya for training. As I said, there was plans  within the plans. Kenya never intervene in Jubba when the threat of Al-shabaab was greayer nor when Amisom needed help to consolidate power in earlier years. Some people believe that it was black gold power that pushed the war to occupy Jubba land.Also, the presence of Obama in the white house might emboldened the Kenyans.

So, in order to sort out these issues, I have to find a real son of Jubba land . Someone born and bread there.  Rather than been mesmerized by the  tough  talking guys like  SOL resident Apophis and company , who sound more like the  Kenyan intelligence operatives than Jubba guys,, we have to look and sit down with the  real Jubbalanders and find out their opinions without filters. 

Here is our conversation.In fact, I told him that I was interviewing him and will post in the the internet.

Galbeedi: Who are those  involved in this  so called Jubbaland project? please start from the beginning.

Jubbaman:  It was the brainchild of C/raxman Gannadhi. I do not know what time he stated but the project was started before he even  joined the federal government. He was instrumental in setting up the training of the Somali/Jubbaland soldiers to Kenya while he was the defence minister. One thing I know is that he kept talking about making Jubbalnd like Switzerland of the horn. He said, he will put street lights in Kismaayo and their police force will be trained by France and so on, and promised the moon for the locals. . In other words , it was his project, and he promised a prosperous Jubbaland.

Galbeedi: If that is the case,  then why Mr. Gaandhi is looking from outside  and not leading the JUbba project?

Jubba man: THe Ethiopians objected . Also, the Kenyans could not trust him. AS an educated man , it was difficult to manipulate or control him. That is where Madoobe came in. He  might be a tough guy is the sense of Somali toughness,  but could be manipulated easily( Waa nin Hal Neef oo Geela Waxar lagaga bedelan karo) Somali emphasis are mine.

Galbeedi:  why doesn't he run now against Madoobe.

Jubba man: He has a health issues that doesn't allow him to run. During the brawl between Somali parliament in Nairobi in 2004, someone hit him with a chair in his neck and spine area and that issue got bad slowly and caused chronic back problems. I hope he gets better.

Galbeedi: who else is  involved with these project? and how it is connected with the maritime boundary dispute?

Jubba man: I do not really know if the Kenyans want to take the whole Jubbaland on behalf of the oil companies  and gain the richest oil blocks in the Indian Ocean,  but certain events indicate that a lot of money had changed hands on behalf of oil companies. Former Kenyan defense minister Yusuf was also involved as well as his son  who is A Kenyan intelligence officer, and other members of the Kenyan intelligence. Their intentions might have been to take both the Kenyan side and the Somali side of the oil blocks under their control. Telecommunication equipment were bought especially for the Jubba Land forces, and armored cars and weapons were brought from South Africa.

Galbeedi: by who?, the Kenyan government.

Jubba ma: By arm dealers financed by oil cartels with the knowledge of the Kenyan government.

Galbeedi: was  that meant annexing JUbbaland coastal area for good.?

Jubba man: Not initially. The European oil companies , mostly Norwegian and French),  probably wanted to have a friendly government in Jubba, and since oil extraction and resource regulation usually falls under the jurisdiction of the regional government,  they wanted to aid Gaandhi and have the monopoly  for the extraction while helping  him and  build the institutions and capacity of the administration.

Galbeedi: what changed?, don't they still have the Kenyan side oil blocks and the Somali oil blocks are auctioned openly in the international market like in London last year and in Stanbul this summer? 

Jubba man: What changed is that all that effort and money could  not secure the European rights for the oil. As it stands now , most of the oil will be extracted by Americans and their allied companies. So it is probably the Europeans oil companies pushing Kenya, and they want Somalia to stop auctioning of the oil blocks. If you remember, all hell broke lose as soon as Somalia auctioned the blocks and they demanded that those auctioning must stop.

Galbeedi:  How about prime minister Khayre?, isn't he supposed to  be the oil man who must protect the interest of Europeans especially the Norwegians? 

Jubba man: This Khayre guy is telling everyone that Somalia is open for business, the insurgency will be over in a few years,  and harry up and jump in the fray before it is too late. Yet, the Europeans can't compete with the Americans. They finance the Amisom forces, but these forces will withdraw , and eventually it is the Americans who will guarantee the arming and rebuilding of the Somali army in the future. The Horn is going to be under American influence. The Kenyans and others does not like the idea of Americans creating a professional national army. With Khayre in place , The Norwegians will certainly get their share , but it is Farmaajo who will make the final decision.

Galbeedi: why  the Kenyans  keep repeating that Somalia had auctioned the Kenyan side of border?

Jubba man: They know  it is not true,  but they want to stop the whole thing until a friendly government shows up in Somlia in less than two years. Also, as soon as the boundary issue is decided by the international court , oil companies have legal authority to start drilling and extracting oil and gas. There is no turning back.

Galbeedi: So a dysfunctional and unstable Somalia had beaten Kenya to the high stakes of oil wars. THat means,  this slow , reclusive and quite guy Farmaajo might be the only guy who could stop Kenyans  at this time?

JUbba man: I told you guys many times that Farmaajo might not be perfect, but those waiting in the wings like Shariif Ahmed will be welcomed by both Kenya and Uganda. They will carry the water for these countries. 

Galbeedi: So in this game of oil, Madoobe is just small potato.

Jubba man: Madoobe is a tough stick to whip Somalia and just like the warlords of yesterday he will do what even is demanded by the big powers.

Galbeedi: Now, how about the OG community?,, Do you know that you guys are in the crossroads in this  war of the oil in horn at the moment? Also, there are some Galmudug players who want to join in the fray, right?

JUbba man: I am 100% sure if Madoobe stays we will face some kind of trouble. If things heat up he might even cancel the election and declare secession. THe Galmudug guys live  in the middle of the country , but we are a frontier community and might lose more than others if we side with the Kenyans. 

Galbeedi: You could be hated by Somalis if you messed up and  side with Kenya.ns? 

JUbba man:  Before I answer that , let me tell you that all Soomaalis are " Soogalayti". Every tribe within the republic lives inside the Somali Kilil, they come from Wardeer and cross to Mudug; from Gaashaamo to Burco and even vote in Somaliland. Everywhere Somalis come and go, yet, that term Soogalooti is pinned against us --  the OG --which is totally unfair. . Yet, if war takes place and Modoobe joins the Kenyans,  we will be considered like real enemies of Somalia, say  like an outcast , maybe  even worse than the Somaliland separatists and will be hated by Somalis just like you guys are hated these days.

Galbeedi: I am unionist, but I get thee message.

Jubbaman: If we don't handle this issue carefully, anything can happen.

Galbeedi: So, not only the OG community , but the whole country might disintegrate. Who else is involved in these issues in the earlier stages? 

Jubba man: I thing Cumar Sharmaarke and C/shakur were involved in the early stage of the oil project, and even Shariif Ahmed in some capacity.

Galbeedi: Are you saying they were willing participants in the idea of transferring Jubba region oil to the the Kenyan government ?

JUbba man: They probably didn't understand the fine print in the earlier stages, but  Kenya is one of the most corrupt countries.  Everything was done by people working for the oil guys. The kenyans ,  C/raxman Shakur and Sharmaarke and many others took their cut,  but some were unable to understand   the extent of their involvement.. Yet,  C/raxman Shakur soon might  side with the Kenyans . He is just beating the bush now , but if things heat up , he will choose and  side with the Kenyans  just like Madoobe. All those who had took money from the oil companies must side with those who bankrolled them. Cumar Sharmaarke is laying law as usual.

Galbeedi: there are no winners in conflict at this time both for Kenya and Somalia, yet, it is Kenyans who can not afford bad publicity both for their economy and world media, right,

Jubba man: Somalia already gets bad rap among the western media, but Kenya could lose more than they think. International agencies could leave in droves and billions of Somali assets could be repatriated. In my understanding  these issues are pushed outside forces beyond Kenya.

Galbeedi: isn't about time that Somalis come home?, Sooner or later it will happen.

Jubba man:  forced expulsion and unorganized migration  caused by war will hurt  Somali merchants  who could lose a lot of money and their assets.

Galbeedi: let us go back one more time about the OG community. In the diaspora, throughout the years we all considered your community to be one of the most nationalist, especially looking the ONLF struggle, yet you seem to be calculating and throat cutting  like any other groups these days. Is that a fair assessment?

JUbba man: we were always patriots from JUbba to Dagaxbuur. WE supported almost every Somali government except the C/yusuf government, and we always on the side of the Somali people. One of the biggest things that changed our outlook and even encouraged us to support Illey despite his crimes, was when Somaliland  and Puntalnd handed  us to the TPLF enemy, even Farmaajo joined the fray and handed a war hero Qalbi=Dhagax to Ethiopia, that is what changed us.. That was when we decided to be ruthless just like anyone else. Yet every Somali is welcome in Jubba regardless of his tribe. We always fought for Somali freedom where ever we were, and we still believe that no one can match or patriotism. 

Galbeedi: Why it is difficult for you guys to share with other Somalis ? 

Jubba man: it is not just us, it is the nature of Somali politics these days, you eat or you will be eaten.

That all folks. The Jubbaland locals are nationalist but they are taken ransom by Madoobe and should be rescued.

• Thanks 1

السلام عليكم ورحمة وبركاته

First of all, We should thanks kenya for bringing somalis back as one nation on this issue .

We used to hear kenya give money to some somali even their family live in kenya. 

Inshalla Somalia will win the case on November. yesterday Foreign affair of Norway came to xamar. 

British open their biggest training camp on horn of Africa .

Right now farmajoo iyo kheyre should work on building SNA & police on south somalia. they doing great job so far . but after couple of years xamar will be became peace again. Who knows maybe before election Somalia on 2020 -2021. 

galbeedi   

Kenyan media says every single block of oil could produce 1 million barrel a day , and 13 out the 15 blocks  are in Somali proper. THe remaining two are in the disputed area.

From Garacad town of Mudug to the Jubba coast.

"Galbeedi:  why doesn't he run now against Madoobe.

Jubba man: He has a health issues that doesn't allow him to run. During the brawl between Somali parliament in Nairobi in 2004, someone hit him with a chair in his neck and spine area and that issue got bad slowly and caused chronic back problems. I hope he gets better."

Professor Ghandi announced his candidacy earlier this year if I'm not mistaken...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I hope you are right.

yet, insiders say he flies back and forth in Europe, and not ready for leadership.

He would be the ideal candidate, if not, Yuulka would be a fine alternative. I hope he throws his hat into the ring soon as the election is near. The federal government is backing the current aviation minister Wasiir Oomaar. Interesting times ahead...

6 hours ago, galbeedi said:

A multi layered plot fueled by oil might come to the shores of Kismaayo.

It is all about the black gold called oil.

The architect of the  Jubbaland plan was not other than  former Somali defense minister and renown Somali scholar Mohamed Abdi  Gaandhi. He was not only a former diplomats but also a seasoned scholar and politician who understood how the world worked. He was the most educated Somali in any Somali government cabinet for the last 30 years.

As soon as he became the defense minister, he thought big and wanted to bring the Somali quagmire though big and bold idea. He went to Washington and told the American security establishment that a well trained 30,000 Somali troops could bring law and order from Lughaya to KIsmaayo. On that note, he organized a meeting of former Somali generals led by late Somali general Mohamed Ali Samatar in Virginia. Destructive personalities like  general Galaal who participated denounced the plan as the old guard of the Somali military replacing the old system. While Somalia had good officers and soldiers , our generals were never up to the challenge. Even today, we have some of the weakest generals in the world.

Anyway, that idea didn't get any traction due to many reasons. Yet, Mr. Gaandhi , did not give up, but changed strategy to tackle the security of smaller version of Somalia---Azania, aka Jubbaland.

He hatched a plan with a French big oil multinational Total  to explore oil in the Jubba basin, while in return helping him to establish his administration. The plan was a multilayered scheme that was difficult to grasp. He asked Kenya to train 1500 strong Somali soldiers from the Jubba area and from his clan in specifically. President Shariif , the novice man with no political experience , accepted the deal and those men were sent to Kenya for training. As I said, there was plans  within the plans. Kenya never intervene in Jubba when the threat of Al-shabaab was greayer nor when Amisom needed help to consolidate power in earlier years. Some people believe that it was black gold power that pushed the war to occupy Jubba land.Also, the presence of Obama in the white house might emboldened the Kenyans.

So, in order to sort out these issues, I have to find a real son of Jubba land . Someone born and bread there.  Rather than been mesmerized by the  tough  talking guys like  SOL resident Apophis and company , who sound more like the  Kenyan intelligence operatives than Jubba guys,, we have to look and sit down with the  real Jubbalanders and find out their opinions without filters. 

Here is our conversation.In fact, I told him that I was interviewing him and will post in the the internet.

Galbeedi: Who are those  involved in this  so called Jubbaland project? please start from the beginning.

Jubbaman:  It was the brainchild of C/raxman Gannadhi. I do not know what time he stated but the project was started before he even  joined the federal government. He was instrumental in setting up the training of the Somali/Jubbaland soldiers to Kenya while he was the defence minister. One thing I know is that he kept talking about making Jubbalnd like Switzerland of the horn. He said, he will put street lights in Kismaayo and their police force will be trained by France and so on, and promised the moon for the locals. . In other words , it was his project, and he promised a prosperous Jubbaland.

Galbeedi: If that is the case,  then why Mr. Gaandhi is looking from outside  and not leading the JUbba project?

Jubba man: THe Ethiopians objected . Also, the Kenyans could not trust him. AS an educated man , it was difficult to manipulate or control him. That is where Madoobe came in. He  might be a tough guy is the sense of Somali toughness,  but could be manipulated easily( Waa nin Hal Neef oo Geela Waxar lagaga bedelan karo) Somali emphasis are mine.

Galbeedi:  why doesn't he run now against Madoobe.

Jubba man: He has a health issues that doesn't allow him to run. During the brawl between Somali parliament in Nairobi in 2004, someone hit him with a chair in his neck and spine area and that issue got bad slowly and caused chronic back problems. I hope he gets better.

Galbeedi: who else is  involved with these project? and how it is connected with the maritime boundary dispute?

Jubba man: I do not really know if the Kenyans want to take the whole Jubbaland on behalf of the oil companies  and gain the richest oil blocks in the Indian Ocean,  but certain events indicate that a lot of money had changed hands on behalf of oil companies. Former Kenyan defense minister Yusuf was also involved as well as his son  who is A Kenyan intelligence officer, and other members of the Kenyan intelligence. Their intentions might have been to take both the Kenyan side and the Somali side of the oil blocks under their control. Telecommunication equipment were bought especially for the Jubba Land forces, and armored cars and weapons were brought from South Africa.

Galbeedi: by who?, the Kenyan government.

Jubba ma: By arm dealers financed by oil cartels with the knowledge of the Kenyan government.

Galbeedi: was  that meant annexing JUbbaland coastal area for good.?

Jubba man: Not initially. The European oil companies , mostly Norwegian and French),  probably wanted to have a friendly government in Jubba, and since oil extraction and resource regulation usually falls under the jurisdiction of the regional government,  they wanted to aid Gaandhi and have the monopoly  for the extraction while helping  him and  build the institutions and capacity of the administration.

Galbeedi: what changed?, don't they still have the Kenyan side oil blocks and the Somali oil blocks are auctioned openly in the international market like in London last year and in Stanbul this summer? 

Jubba man: What changed is that all that effort and money could  not secure the European rights for the oil. As it stands now , most of the oil will be extracted by Americans and their allied companies. So it is probably the Europeans oil companies pushing Kenya, and they want Somalia to stop auctioning of the oil blocks. If you remember, all hell broke lose as soon as Somalia auctioned the blocks and they demanded that those auctioning must stop.

Galbeedi:  How about prime minister Khayre?, isn't he supposed to  be the oil man who must protect the interest of Europeans especially the Norwegians? 

Jubba man: This Khayre guy is telling everyone that Somalia is open for business, the insurgency will be over in a few years,  and harry up and jump in the fray before it is too late. Yet, the Europeans can't compete with the Americans. They finance the Amisom forces, but these forces will withdraw , and eventually it is the Americans who will guarantee the arming and rebuilding of the Somali army in the future. The Horn is going to be under American influence. The Kenyans and others does not like the idea of Americans creating a professional national army. With Khayre in place , The Norwegians will certainly get their share , but it is Farmaajo who will make the final decision.

Galbeedi: why  the Kenyans  keep repeating that Somalia had auctioned the Kenyan side of border?

Jubba man: They know  it is not true,  but they want to stop the whole thing until a friendly government shows up in Somlia in less than two years. Also, as soon as the boundary issue is decided by the international court , oil companies have legal authority to start drilling and extracting oil and gas. There is no turning back.

Galbeedi: So a dysfunctional and unstable Somalia had beaten Kenya to the high stakes of oil wars. THat means,  this slow , reclusive and quite guy Farmaajo might be the only guy who could stop Kenyans  at this time?

JUbba man: I told you guys many times that Farmaajo might not be perfect, but those waiting in the wings like Shariif Ahmed will be welcomed by both Kenya and Uganda. They will carry the water for these countries. 

Galbeedi: So in this game of oil, Madoobe is just small potato.

Jubba man: Madoobe is a tough stick to whip Somalia and just like the warlords of yesterday he will do what even is demanded by the big powers.

Galbeedi: Now, how about the OG community?,, Do you know that you guys are in the crossroads in this  war of the oil in horn at the moment? Also, there are some Galmudug players who want to join in the fray, right?

JUbba man: I am 100% sure if Madoobe stays we will face some kind of trouble. If things heat up he might even cancel the election and declare secession. THe Galmudug guys live  in the middle of the country , but we are a frontier community and might lose more than others if we side with the Kenyans. 

Galbeedi: You could be hated by Somalis if you messed up and  side with Kenya.ns? 

JUbba man:  Before I answer that , let me tell you that all Soomaalis are " Soogalayti". Every tribe within the republic lives inside the Somali Kilil, they come from Wardeer and cross to Mudug; from Gaashaamo to Burco and even vote in Somaliland. Everywhere Somalis come and go, yet, that term Soogalooti is pinned against us --  the OG --which is totally unfair. . Yet, if war takes place and Modoobe joins the Kenyans,  we will be considered like real enemies of Somalia, say  like an outcast , maybe  even worse than the Somaliland separatists and will be hated by Somalis just like you guys are hated these days.

Galbeedi: I am unionist, but I get thee message.

Jubbaman: If we don't handle this issue carefully, anything can happen.

Galbeedi: So, not only the OG community , but the whole country might disintegrate. Who else is involved in these issues in the earlier stages? 

Jubba man: I thing Cumar Sharmaarke and C/shakur were involved in the early stage of the oil project, and even Shariif Ahmed in some capacity.

Galbeedi: Are you saying they were willing participants in the idea of transferring Jubba region oil to the the Kenyan government ?

JUbba man: They probably didn't understand the fine print in the earlier stages, but  Kenya is one of the most corrupt countries.  Everything was done by people working for the oil guys. The kenyans ,  C/raxman Shakur and Sharmaarke and many others took their cut,  but some were unable to understand   the extent of their involvement.. Yet,  C/raxman Shakur soon might  side with the Kenyans . He is just beating the bush now , but if things heat up , he will choose and  side with the Kenyans  just like Madoobe. All those who had took money from the oil companies must side with those who bankrolled them. Cumar Sharmaarke is laying law as usual.

Galbeedi: there are no winners in conflict at this time both for Kenya and Somalia, yet, it is Kenyans who can not afford bad publicity both for their economy and world media, right,

Jubba man: Somalia already gets bad rap among the western media, but Kenya could lose more than they think. International agencies could leave in droves and billions of Somali assets could be repatriated. In my understanding  these issues are pushed outside forces beyond Kenya.

Galbeedi: isn't about time that Somalis come home?, Sooner or later it will happen.

Jubba man:  forced expulsion and unorganized migration  caused by war will hurt  Somali merchants  who could lose a lot of money and their assets.

Galbeedi: let us go back one more time about the OG community. In the diaspora, throughout the years we all considered your community to be one of the most nationalist, especially looking the ONLF struggle, yet you seem to be calculating and throat cutting  like any other groups these days. Is that a fair assessment?

JUbba man: we were always patriots from JUbba to Dagaxbuur. WE supported almost every Somali government except the C/yusuf government, and we always on the side of the Somali people. One of the biggest things that changed our outlook and even encouraged us to support Illey despite his crimes, was when Somaliland  and Puntalnd handed  us to the TPLF enemy, even Farmaajo joined the fray and handed a war hero Qalbi=Dhagax to Ethiopia, that is what changed us.. That was when we decided to be ruthless just like anyone else. Yet every Somali is welcome in Jubba regardless of his tribe. We always fought for Somali freedom where ever we were, and we still believe that no one can match or patriotism. 

Galbeedi: Why it is difficult for you guys to share with other Somalis ? 

Jubba man: it is not just us, it is the nature of Somali politics these days, you eat or you will be eaten.

That all folks. The Jubbaland locals are nationalist but they are taken ransom by Madoobe and should be rescued.

Thanks for analysis,  thereis no doubt Madoobe will try to secede or join Kenya 

This is so dangerous.

Many people do not expect French, American and British companies wrecking countries in their competition. People always think that its West and East.

Ethiopia will not risk anything not even appear to be against Madoobe. The reason is simple. Kililka.

Abtigis situation is very shaky. If not Abtigis the Oromo will be out of Kililka in a heart bit since Gkelleh seems to have uper hand in the North east of Kililka.

AND honestly speaking,  whole Somali issue can be summed up in, Madoobe vs Gandhi

Who in sound mind chose illiterate Madoobe? Muuse Biihi, someone self sabotaging

11 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

AND honestly speaking,  whole Somali issue can be summed up in, Madoobe vs Gandhi

Who in sound mind chose illiterate Madoobe? Muuse Biihi, someone self sabotaging

Trudeau the PM of Canada is only an art school graduate (BA) and skiing canoeing guy.

PhD is not the best or even highly needed for governing. Anywhere in the owrld leaders regardless of their education seem to be successful by whom they seek advise from for different fields.

galbeedi   
2 hours ago, Apophis said:

I wonder on who’s dime you are wasting by spending time writing these concoctions.  

I am using my own dime. Thank God,

Ninyahow you  insult me and call me nasty names  in this pages. I am a big boy and I can take it, but no one ever  accused me  of being paid or anything similar. I am Pro Somali state and restoration of order, but no one owns me.

I am a free nomad who could throw his arrows as he sees t fit.

20 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I am using my own dime. Thank God,

Ninyahow you  insult me and call me nasty names  in this pages. I am a big boy and I can take it, but no one ever  accused me  of being paid or anything similar. I am Pro Somali state and restoration of order, but no one owns me.

I am a free nomad who could throw his arrows as he sees t fit.

Galbeedi, you are arguing with Sujui Jeegaan who's only connection to Jubaland is the presense of Kenyan troops. He pretended few days that he was OG but truth came out quickly.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

:D

You are losing all your bearnings Apophis  What is up with the phobia about Bantu look? Do have timo jareer or something? haha.  

Don't talk like a doqon teenager. Nin rag iska dhig. Waaku sidee