Sign in to follow this  
AminaTammy

Half Somali Food Blog

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Admin, I thought I should bring your attention to RULE 9 of SOL Golden Rules, which clearly states that : - Advertising: this forum is not free advertising space. If you have a product or a website to advertise on here, you need to get a permission from Admin. No advertising on signatures either.

Tammy has contravened this rule by advertising on her signture!

Welcome Tammy! nice food and a neat website!

Originally posted by Amina/Tammy:

quote:Originally posted by -MARX-:

Admin, I thought I should bring your attention to RULE 9 of SOL Golden Rules, which clearly states that : - Advertising: this forum is not free advertising space. If you have a product or a website to advertise on here, you need to get a permission from Admin. No advertising on signatures either.

Tammy has contravened this rule by advertising on her signture!

Welcome Tammy! nice food and a neat website!

Am I the only one that is confused with this post? What a nice welcome from you!! Anyways...I deleted my signature.

Let me just explain to everyone what my intention is for posting a link to my blog. For starters, there are many young Somali ladies that are unable to make certain things. Also I am looking for comments and suggestions on how to improve certain dishes.

I don't make any money from my blog.

Paragon   

^Hello Tammy. How are you?

Amina/Tammy: I don't make any money from my blog.

I know, it's a shame.

Don't worry about Marx. He's be subject to strict undue censorship himself before from the Admin.

No personal blogs allowed in signature or even a post.

MZanzi   

[/qb]

[/qb][/ QUOTE]Am I the only one that is confused with this post? What a nice welcome from you!! Anyways...I deleted my signature.

[/QB]

wlcmm Amina

He's a strange sort of man, isn't he? ...

No, you're not the only one. I went back and re-read your post and was still confused.

BTW, WLC Amina(I love Amina better so I'm pushing it on ya :D ). Your website is great and your daughter is sooooo lovely, masha'llah.

your daughter is sooooo lovely, masha'llah. [/QB]

Jezaka'Allah for the wonderful comment. I am so happy that Allah has blessed me with at least one girl. My boys (4 of them) are super hyper active.

^LooooooooL@Somali gene is stronger, I thought easily it disappears, and I didn't know such a Somali princess *ask Xalimos*, beautiful child indeed.

Do you anything to add to this post. smile.gif

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Lt-QA:

somali food is very unhealthy, you're better of learning some other types of cuisine.

What is with the generalisation and such a negative remarks?

Senora   

This blog is great, thanks so much Amina/Tammy!! Unfortunately, you wont get any advise from me unless youre looking to expand on some mediterranean cuisines. My mom is one of the best somali cooks alive, but she isnt that great at teaching. I literally had to teach myself how to cook when I got married. Those first few months were agony on the hubby until I got a rhythm going. But the bulk of my recipes come from mediteranean cookbooks I read through at bookstores or can gather online..a few recipes from the Food Network of southern american and asian dishes here and there as well. Im trying out a few of your recipes this weekend..Im so excited that I might finally make anjera....gosh, I'll have some fun deciding what I want to make tomorrow smile.gif

Originally posted by Abwaan:

[QB]

Originally posted by Lt-QA:

[qb] somali food is very unhealthy, you're better of learning some other types of cuisine.

Any recipe can be made in such a way that calories and fat can be reduced.

I too am able to make different types of food. Unfortunately my husband will only eat Somali food.

As for anjera....that took me forever to learn properly. if you've never made it before try using pancake mix first. That way you won't make a mistake. Use a pancake mix that you only need to add water.