Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somalis in Somalia are the best!!

Modesty   

Salaamu Alaykum from Somalia,

I just wanted to say everyone should live in Somalia!! It's so beautiful here. The Somalis here are so welcoming and not stuck up like "western" somalis. They have their true culture, the guys here are so respectful, masha'Allah.Contrary to what many people people say about somali girls being oppressed, I haven't seen that at all, girls here are respected as muslim sisters, they have many organizations run by women.

Sure it gets hot sometimes, and there are lax and orgi running around the place like maxaa kaa galey, but nothing beats drinking caano ari oo hadaa la lisay.NOT TO mention caano geela!! :D Everyone who lives in the darkness of kafir lands should visit a muslim country, I hear the athan everyday, Quran is read out loud!!I don't even need an alarm clock to wake up because the fajr athan wakes me up! Masha'Allah, life here is so stress free, you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism. Somalis in the west are so different, I just noticed the major difference in their cultures, it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country. I love Somalia! smile.gif

Guhaad   

^if i am not wrong, shouldn't this been in the Islam session. i guess there is a thin line between the two, sorry.

but anyways, thanks for the details. but you only confirmed what i already knew, what crazy stuff did you see? like a whole family who eat, drink, and chew qat? like crazy gansters that kill because they feel like? or a masjid being misused?

tells the akward stuff, so we can visit. if it is as peaceful as you said, i am not going :D

Khayr   

Salamad,

^^^

I enjoy reading the wonderful experiences of nomads in their visits abroad.

Very good observations about the diff. in Worldviews of nomads in somalia and those abroad in the west.

Modesty,

Sounds like your having a nice time-Dubai, Xamer...

by the way, are you Fishing down there? :D

Khalaf   

Asslaamu Alaykum sister,

Modesty May Allah give you a save and peaceful trip. I have never been to Somalia; it has always been a goal of my mine to visit, and insha-Allah I plan to go after graduating college.

And I can’t help but agree with your comments about muslim countries. Two years ago I accompanied my father to Jordan, and mashaAllah how the people are different. You feel different, peaceful. Every corner there is masjid, athan is called out throughout the day, and the Muslims stop all business and flock to the masjid, families are together, kind smile is on the people’s faces. Life is so much simpler there. Best to you sister on your trip.

Originally posted by Modesty:

Salaamu Alaykum from Somalia,

I just wanted to say everyone should live in Somalia!! It's so beautiful here. The Somalis here are so welcoming and not stuck up like "western" somalis. They have their true culture, the guys here are so respectful, masha'Allah.Contrary to what many people people say about somali girls being oppressed, I haven't seen that at all, girls here are respected as muslim sisters, they have many organizations run by women.

Sure it gets hot sometimes, and there are lax and orgi running around the place like maxaa kaa galey, but nothing beats drinking caano ari oo hadaa la lisay.NOT TO mention caano geela!!
:D
Everyone who lives in the darkness of kafir lands should visit a muslim country, I hear the athan everyday, Quran is read out loud!!I don't even need an alarm clock to wake up because the fajr athan wakes me up! Masha'Allah, life here is so stress free, you see people who might not even have anything to eat but they never frown or get depressed, people here have strong faith and trust in Allah, their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism. Somalis in the west are so different, I just noticed the major difference in their cultures, it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country. I love Somalia!
smile.gif

Big Fat Lies!

We love Somalia too but our very own existence (the diaspora living in the West) is a proof that not everything is "great" in Somalia.

There are good things and bad things like in any country, but let me add that if people are still leaving Somalia to seek a better life elsewhere, it means that SOmalia is Fcuked up like the whole Africa!

Originally posted by Modesty:

Everyone who lives in the darkness of kafir lands should visit a muslim country,

Modesty, I live in Canada. I presume it a kafir land, right? What is this darkness of kafir lands you talk about?

Is it:

-the free universal health care system

-top class education system

-state of the art and modern infrastructure

-economy that provides jobs, invents and innovates.

-social mobility

You can love your country, aknowledge West is not perfect but for the love God don't lie to make yourself feel better.

their culture and faith is so untainted by kafirism. Somalis in the west are so different, I just noticed the major difference in their cultures, it seems the ones in the west take the western individualistic culture, but the ones here masha'Allah it makes me so proud of my country. I love Somalia!
smile.gif

Tell me this: why did those Allah fearing muslim somalis that you are so proud of come to my house in bright day light, brandishing automatic AK-47 and forcefully expell me? Why do they to this day are unable to get together and overcome their petty differences for the LOVE of Allah? Or maybe their faith in ALlah is only skin deep, superficial. I don't know maybe you can help me understand.

Like I said there is nothing wrong with praising your people. But for God's sake don't brush under the carpet all that is wrong. You're not doing anyone good service. Problems won't go away on their own, eventualy they would have to be dealt with. The sooner the better.

BTW, somalia's problems aren't religious. It's qabiil and ignorance.

Naden   

I challenge anyone singing the praises of living in Somalia (or any part of the Arab world) to give away their kafir passport to a young person desperate to leave that arid part of the world :rolleyes: . There'll be one less delusional person around here and one less desperate Somali drowning in the sea near Yemen.

Pi   
Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Modesty<<<<So u left Dubai??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did she turn down your overly eager offer of help, Arab-boy. :D

J.Lee   

War ileen balaayo, such hostility!

Cajiib and more cajiib.

Modesty:

Life is truly pleasant when it's simple ma is tidhi.

B.T.W

Next time you want to drink caano geel: put it in a diski or an object with similar depth, add sugar, lux lux and when it foams, drink it.

You can thank me (and critic) later

Delilah   

Somalia, wonderful!!! :eek: Am I reading that correctly! Dear God, I think the blazing sun has fried her brain! But in all seriousness, I suppose it depends on where you’re at. I went to Mogadishu last summer and from the get go it was horrible. I was there for six months and during those six months nothing changed. I kept hoping the gunshots would stop, even if for one day, but nothing. It didn’t stop during Ramadan nor it did for Eid. The little faith I had in Somalia vanished when I left that country….but hey, apart from fearing for your life every second, I say it was great! :D

juba   

Ahhh....the simplicity of an underdeveloped country! no tax season, bills, debt, creepy stalkers, work, school or other stressful matters...

Just the open desert, camels, and siting outside your hut watching the sun rise, responsibel to no one!

The simple life, totally with you there Modesty

Kashafa   

What is this darkness of kafir lands you talk about?

Is it:

-the free universal health care system

-top class education system

-state of the art and modern infrastructure

-economy that provides jobs, invents and innovates.

-social mobility

Not really. I think she's talking about a different type of darkness:

-The millions of babies killed every year. I think the enlightened call it abortion.

-rapes, homicides, and armed robbery that happen by the second

-economy that obscenely enriches the rich; The poor move upwardly into the dirt poor category.

-The trinity of drugs, alcohol, and hookers(and their pimps).

And all that ^^ is not even scratching the surface. Sorry somebody had to air out the dirty laundry, but you were bragging a lil bit too much. I can just picture you singing O Canada right about now :D