Sign in to follow this  
GlassEyeGirl

Divorce Shower...

I know you guys are probably thinking what the hell is “divorce showerâ€, but let me explain. In life, most of us celebrate with family and friends important events that happens to us throughout our lives. For example, birth of a child, birthdays, graduations, nikaax or engagements, and weddings…those are very joyous occasions and the need of a celebration is there. So it got me thinking, since 50% of marriages end up in divorce these days and divorce is no longer the most horrible thing that can happen to a person, doesn’t it deserve the same treatment as the happy occasions? Why yes it does. When a person gets divorced, they have new outlook in life, love, and relationships. They know what works for them and what doesn’t. They use their experience (whatever it was) as a guide so they don’t repeat the same mistakes. Basically, divorce can be a second chance to some people. They can learn from their past mistakes and try to correct them, so they can start fresh with someone new, or it can be a guarantee reminder that marriage isn’t for them all together.

Now back to the topic. I was thinking of throwing a divorcée shower for a friend of mine who recently got divorced. She’s been married for three years, no kids, and both her and ex-husband agreed that they weren’t the right people for one another. My friend has been kinda bumped about the whole thing for the past 5 months. So I thought, why not cheer the girl up and throw her a party. Get some of our close friends and families together, bring gifts and food and make her feel better about herself. Some of us can chip in a get her an airline ticket to see her mom, gift certificate to her favorite stores, a Spa treatment, and just simple things to boost her confidence. Some of the islaamo can recommend their sons to her and a new hookup can begin. lol When I presented the idea to some of my friends they said it was bad idea. They said it would make her feel like we’re celebrating her failed marriage and put her into a deeper depression. But I really don’t think so.

So guys, what do you all think? Do you think it’s good idea to help the poor girl to get back on the horse, or bad idea because it would make matters worse?

A7LA-SHU   

sounds good to me.. what should i wear? hahahah... seriously if today was my first time hearing such a thing i would have been like come again.. but i have seen a girl that had a divorce party for herself and damn she was happy.. not sure what to be happy about, but then again it is 2004 soon to be 2005 so everything is kool.

A brilliant therapeutic idea for some1 on the rebound. I think your friend will appreciate your efforts - go for it. She is prolly glad its all over rather than feeling sad and depressed about its failure.

I don’t think throwing a party and indulging your already heart broken girl friend in sins in a very sensitive time of her life would be a good idea.. I would rather think of a long term plan, you and your girls may rotate on keeping her company.. go to a Masjid.. setup Quran reciting sessions, or maybe catch a muxaadaraah.. trust me these are the things that will help you girl friend over come the hard time she is going thru..

And may allah reward her with a better husband.. Amen..

Qac Qaac   

I don't think, is a good idea to celebrate divorce.. it is the worst thing in the world.. but i know what u mean, to get her chin up.

Originally posted by Qacbaro:

I don't think, is a good idea to celebrate divorce.. it is the worst thing in the world.. but i know what u mean, to get her chin up.

PBUH said Divorce is the worse halaal thing.. so why celebrate such thing!!!

Good job Qaac...

raula   

subxanallah..if Allah S.W. has dislikes the face of divorce why would a sane (muslim to be precise) want to indulge in the carousing pertaining to divorce-Acuudu bilaahi mina sheydani rajiim..therapy kulaha :rolleyes: and increase your chance of burning in hell(wow way to go!) :eek: . On the other hand, if someone has been approached with the ugliness of divorce all she/he has to do is pray to ALLAH S.w. to alleviate her/his pain-and ask for forgiveness for both parties..(regardless of who is to blame)-be neutral smile.gif .

being Realistic and true to one's religion (submission to Allah's will -s.w.) doesn't mean you bend over for progressive shrinks that think celebrating DIVORCE is THERAPY :confused: -lord have mercy!

^^ I'm confused, what are you contesting? the divorce or the party? Obviously divorce is not a good thing, but I dont see any harm in the girl's friends trying to cheer her up after the messy incident.

Get some of our close friends and families together, bring gifts and food and make her feel better about herself

Note this is 5 months proceeding the divorce. I dont blv a divorce as such is something to celebrate as its not a happy event (there r exceptions of course. A huge divorce settlement is indeed cause for celebration :D )... but there is absolutely no harm is throwin a party for a divorced friend to cheer her up and shower her with some goodies/gifts. Unless you were against the whole idea of a party - which would be food for thought another day.

Dont we all just love taking the self-righteous route. Sorry Raula, but interspersed islamic sayings on a post doesnt make it seem any more credible. ;)

Taqwa   

They said it would make her feel like we’re celebrating her failed marriage and put her into a deeper depression. But I really don’t think so.

Mansha'allah Your Smart. Celebrating one of the things that Allah dislikes but doesn't forbid. Very smart indeed.

Pssst. Hope you pick out the sarcasm in there.

Divorce party...LoooL...Damn this is sounds like an episode from Sex and the City....Somalis get to stop immitating.

P.S Glasseyegal...Your story seems little too good, a couple breaking mutually, and no kids in three years, how convienent :confused: The prefect breakup :cool:

LuCkY   

AsaLaamu ALaikum,

GEG I Say Go For it If You Wanna Throw a Party to Cheer up Your Divorced Friend-She DefiniteLy Needs...Have FUN :cool: .

Mag-girL I Knew it Wasnt Just My Head PLaying on Me...You've ToLd Me this Story hehehe. icon_razz.gif

Lool@ 7of9. :D

Che WLC BCK WLC BCK * I've Got That Mase Song In My Head Now * smile.gif . You've watched Sex and the City? :eek: ! icon_razz.gif

PEace :D !