Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

The Random Thread

yeah! u know how its underdog! somalis age starts these days when landed at the airport!! so here is the formula for calculating xalimos ages!!

landing time + 10yrs= xalimos age

now u know!!

Originally posted by underdog:

^ Front if you want, I wouldn't be surprised if you ditched a high school class to go get the Michael Jackson Thriller tape when it first came out

LooooL..She prolly did....Not to mention havin that greasy curly hair ala Coming to America

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

:D

Zu,

And who asked for ur opinion?
Isqor bilaa liis
. :mad:

heheheh...I pressed the wrong button huh?...

If it will make you feel lil better....Some Solers still have greasy curly hair (not naming names..they know who they are)..@ least you had it back in the 80's...

underdog   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

UD,

'
Thriller
' was admittedly a damn fine record!
;):D

I wouldn't know, it was a little before my time. :D

Thank God for Midol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariadne   

There's this Somali girl I keep seeing at my school....I notice her among all the others cause shes the only other somali girl in my school...besides myself....

I should go up to her and say hi....

but what excuse would I have for starting a conversaion with her?

iska waran somaali miya tahaay?...oh what a coincidence so am I

and were both muslim nd we both walk and talk and breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbn dioxide...I see a beautiful future for us as friends... :D

Originally posted by Kreepy Kid:

There's this Somali girl I keep seeing at my school....I notice her among all the others cause shes the only other somali girl in my school...besides myself....

I should go up to her and say hi....

but what excuse would I have for starting a conversaion with her?

iska waran somaali miya tahaay?...oh what a coincidence so am I

and were both muslim nd we both walk and talk and breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbn dioxide...I see a beautiful future for us as friends...

As friends or ..................................

as I was watching the telly yesterday with my family....my baby sister who is only 8yrs out of nowhere said "the only water the africans have is the tears they cry". i was so shocked n we all started to laugh. when we asked her what made her said she started to explain how poor the africans are n they cnt afford anything. I was like oh my lord in heaven.....to some extent is the truth, But I was shocked a child using those words. my god

underdog   

^^ I wouldn't go so far is to say it's the truth. Thats just the sterotypical image the first world has labelled on Africa and now our own kids are buying into it. There's always a certain portion of the population that's 'down-trodden' and in dire need of basic human services. However, I don't think applying a term as general as "Africans" is necessary or warranted.

If we applied the same narrow minded thinking to the 1st world, it would be easy to say Americans are all trailer trash and alcoholic meth-junkies (see the TV show Cops for reference) and in EU Countries such as Portugal, Greece and most parts of Spain the peasants have never seen indoor plumbing and electricity is a new thing to them in the 21st century.

Poverty is NOT determined by geographical location and I think we should try to remind to keep an open mind.