Sign in to follow this  
A7LA-SHU

wat is up with the phrase are u new here

A7LA-SHU   

okay i had to ask this. coz is crazy for more than 5 ppl to ask u in one day.. i mean what does it really take to be offically known u live in that town? seriously i get that everytime i go to friend's weddin or just stop by the somalian store coz my mom wants me to get something (or else i wouldn't be in somalian store first place) :D

i thought ppl in this town where wack, but it seems somalis in MPLS do dat too. coz my friend who went there to visit her sis was tellin me the same thing. ppl were askin if she was new here.

Ladiif   

Don't tell me you don't know that is "a new somali pick-up line" Girl, where have you been living? because in mpls, filinka dhanba intaa lagga bilabaa. You talking about a city(very big), i get this q, aboowe, buildingka miyaad dagan tahay? and i go like, maya abaayo e matiro koob baa socda ood qaadaysaa? Guess what, I have been living there for the last 4 yrs and I still get that kind of question. weird wallaahi :eek: :eek: :confused: isn't?

Latiff and Magnoona-girl, this kind of thing happens everywhere. I have been living in my area now for a year and when people see me, they frown and try to figure out who the h*ll I am!

But then, I do try to stay out of the public Somali eye! smile.gif

Nefertiti

Bachelor   

They are simiply "magnoon people" asking wicked question. ;)

hey! Its nothing more than claver way initiating a conversation. As letiif mentioned it "a new somali pick-up line" therefore; my previaling line of thought would be just [/b]Simle and say is it mandatory to answer that?[/b]

By the way are you new to this site walaal?

A7LA-SHU   

let get this. so u guys sayin it is pick up line? so why would girls say that too? but seriously i thought all somalis knew each . and i was hidin in the caves like my uncle osama or something :D:D

but thanks for all the answers. atleast from now on i won't be annoyed when someone asks me dat.

latif: It is weird bro..

Nefertiti: girl same here i been livin here for the last 7 yrs. and u won't see me around somali area unless im workin with them, takin my mom to one of them ado's house other den dat im at home.

OG_Girl: hot? girl what u been smokin lol.. nah sweety im queen of ogly lol ask Bachelor hahaha..

Kaafi: is that a joke question dude? coz i wasn't waitin for q to answer my q if u know what i mean icon_razz.gif

Bachelor   

OG_Girl: hot? girl what u been smokin lol.. nah sweety im queen of ogly lol ask Bachelor hahaha..

That sentence is far from being true or accurate. Hey Mangoona stop misleading people, will you? I know one thing and despite her wecko attitude she will gots my #1 vote when it comes to who is hottie in SOL.

LuCkY   

I DONT LIVE IN MNPLS BUT THEN AGAIN I HAVENT BEEN OUT LATELY SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS CRAZY PICK UP LINE IS ALIVE AND WELL IN CALIFORNIA. :confused:

Magnoona-girl IF I WERE U I WOULD ANSWER THE QUESTION AND ASK THEM THE SAME QUESTION, AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS! icon_razz.gif

Bambina   

Salam ppl, hey magnoona-girl ur topic made smile for a while cuz I know somalis have the bad habit of askin ppl if they r new or not just cuz they dont see u hangin around dat much ,but aint nuttin u can do about dat it's coded in their DNA,lol.The same goes for gals too but it's often guyz who like to ask.Its sumtimes so unbelievable ,I mean ,wat do they want us to do ?Hold a big cardbord dat says"HEY IM NOT NEW SO DONT ASSUME I DONT LIVE HERE",lol.Dat would be the worst-case scenario of course.Its not just askin if ur new or not but also if u dont have somali features ,its necessary for dem to ask if ur somali or not specially if they have a single doubt.One time I went to a store not far from where I lived, 2 somali guyz werent sure if I was somali or not cuz I looked like an indian,so one of them was tryin to get my attention so he spoke in somali and since I didnt bother to reply he assumed I was not a somali.The funny part was dat he slapped his friend and told him "maxan kaalaaha soomaaliad maaha"/"wat did I tell u ,she's not a somali"(my written somali sucks,IknowIknow ,lol)I was tryin to laugh but I couldnt I didnt want dem to know dat I understood wat they were sayin.

lool @ OG Moti's Girl(?), hot aaaah?? Girl the reason I hide away is cos I don't want my dear sweet mum to be shunned from the local Somali community - I AM THAT UGLY. For real. :(:(

Nefertiti

Xafsa   

what is this talk about ugly?

Og-girl...I think thats your way of rubbing in your beauty...I am on to you ;)

girl, first the nick is OG_Girl

Is it??

Naa, was joking with ya, it is just that the online chemistry between you and Og Moti is soo big that you have to be a delinqent person not to notice. :D:D:D

But obviously I got the wrong end of the stick :D .

Nefertiti