Apophis

Lest we forget

Recommended Posts

Apophis   

This pirate warlord was responsible for bringing Ethiopians to Somalia twice and gave the go ahead while they killed thousands Somali citizens in Mogadishu.

We should not forget the 100k killed under his watch.

 

 

67D623D0-96C2-4EAD-AAAC-40B6B3AA3F44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Somalis are quick to forget but we should not forget the crimes of Abdulahi yussuf nor Siyad Bare.

 

And now Farmaajo. We must learn from the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dahireeto said:

We know you are actually not Jubalander. Go help your jeegaan. 

Not even Jeegaan,.Kikuyu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   

A/laahi Yusuf had made many mistakes throughout his life, especially, the day he joined the camp of Africa's bloodiest dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam.  

 

When they ask him about joining Mengistu, the enemy of the republic,  he said, " Siyaad Barre Shaydaana waan u soo kaxaysan". Joining the devil's camp was disaster for most Somalis, and we are still trying to extricate ourselves from that devil's  alliance  whom A/laahi YUsuf joined in 1978. THere is no doubt he was the father of the modern conflict and quarrel of Somalia in the last 40 years. Certainly he had strong grievances against Siyaad Barre, but unfortunately , many who had minor or insignificant quarrels against Siyad Barre had followed his footsteps with disastrous outcome.

 

Yet, unlike many alphabet Somali rebels, he was the only one who admitted his mistakes. In 2004, when they asked him about the long winding road he took to the  presidency,  he said, " Haddaan Moodayo in ay Soomaali sidan u waalan tahay  oo meel laga qabto lahayn, duurr ma galeen, qorina iyo wiilna baabuur ma saareen".

 

Despite his shortcomings, Late president C/laahi was one  the most serious leader Somalia had seen since the collapse of the state in 1991. 

 

I read his autobiography which is one of the most fascinating tales of any Somali leader. Anyone aspiring to be a serious politician within Somalia must read this book. The man had survived as many plots than anyone in politics within the Somali world. That is why his book is called " Halgan iyo Hagardaamo". Like the old proud Somalis of our fathers, when he lost or failed, he never quit or gave up. He spent 15% of his life  time behind bars courtesy of Siyaad and Mengistu. I couldn't imagine a man can survive that many plots against him and just keep pushing ahead without regret.

 

in 2001, Warlords in Garoowe ( Faroole people) abducted his brother from checkpoint and killed, yet never took revenge or complained. When Terrorists bombed this car in Baidoa and took the life of his own brother , he never changed the course or lamented in the media. Unlike those who cry daily , he considered these calamities as part of being engaged the deadly game of politics. 

 

Unlike today's leaders ( Both Hassan Sheikh and Farmaajo) he came to Mogadishu with nothing. LIke a leader who wanted to rely his own capacity and will, he slept makeshift houses both in Baidoa and Jowhar. Famaajo took over with thousands of police officers and thousands of soldiers;  with functioning ports and airports and well furnished  villas, while millions are pouring from the NGO's. If he had the resources they have togay,  I have no doubt he would have kicked out the Amisom and financed himself.

 

He demanded  the training of 16,000 soldiers within a year . Somali troops guarded him in Villa-Somalia not Ugandans,  Yet, those Ethiopian tanks who had helped him against the Islamic Courts , had decided to abandon him when he refused to implement their agenda. The same international community who were paying the salary of Shariif Ahmed and his guys in Asmara, Eritrea, held back their money and sidelined him. He had  power before he reached Mogadishu, but the moment he became a leader, Ethiopia changed course.

 

In his book, he admitted that he knew the Ethiopian plots early but was buying time to set his own course. Unlike today's leaders, when he  realized that he could no longer set his own agenda and rule as a president, he didn't stay and became a lame duck president holding the post in name only. Rather than been ordered to attend the GAroowe regional conferences  by the international community  like others, he left with grace and went home. He did not ask to finish his term. Unlike today's leaders who are happy to be overseers, he quit and admitted that " Waxba gacmaheena kuma jiraan". Last year,  in a local conference,  C/raxman Baadiyow kept saying that there is no authority in the hands of the leaders, and I asked him bluntly that if they have no say about the directions of the country, why not speak up and tell us or even quit?.

 

Unlike those who have built palaces and stashed millions in foreign capitals, he died while broke without a penny. His family lives like any other Somali without looted public purse. His aim was to restore the nation his actions contributed its demise. Certainly he had higher aims than money .

 

A/laahi Yusuf was certainly one of those generations of Somalis who had made history for better or worse.  While they were ruthless in their approach, I would take Siyaad Barre, Mohamed F. Aydeed and C/laahi Yusuf any day than these NGO kids running around as leaders  for the last 10 years. Aideed would  have succeeded without the foreign plot against him and the conspiracy of Manifesto trying to steal power without consulting the armed men of Aideed.

 

We Somalis reduce the history of past leaders by magnifying only  their mistakes. We must also consider the era of their actions. In communist military dictatorship, you do not speak against the leadership, or you end up in Soviet Gulag in Siberia, it is a given thing.  Siyaad Barre arresting people in 1979 is an expected  move, but  Muuse Biixi who is elected yet keeping political prisoners should be huge grave mistake in 2019.

 

Furthermore, if there are  any group of Somalis who must give thanks to anyone, it must be the OG community who  should build monuments for Siyaad Barre. He was the one who raised them above anyone else for his 21 year rule. THey became part of MOD ruling coalition. 

 

Finally, folks  rather than consume the un filtered tribal blogs, read books and find the truth between the lines.

 

Ciid Mubaarak Kuli Caam wa antum bi Khayr.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, galbeedi said:

A/laahi Yusuf had made many mistakes throughout his life, especially, the day he joined the camp of Africa's bloodiest dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam.  

 

When they ask him about joining Mengistu, the enemy of the republic,  he said, " Siyaad Barre Shaydaana waan u soo kaxaysan". Joining the devil's camp was disaster for most Somalis, and we are still trying to extricate ourselves from that devil's  alliance  whom A/laahi YUsuf joined in 1978. THere is no doubt he was the father of the modern conflict and quarrel of Somalia in the last 40 years. Certainly he had strong grievances against Siyaad Barre, but unfortunately , many who had minor or insignificant quarrels against Siyad Barre had followed his footsteps with disastrous outcome.

 

Yet, unlike many alphabet Somali rebels, he was the only one who admitted his mistakes. In 2004, when they asked him about the long winding road he took to the  presidency,  he said, " Haddaan Moodayo in ay Soomaali sidan u waalan tahay  oo meel laga qabto lahayn, duurr ma galeen, qorina iyo wiilna baabuur ma saareen".

 

Despite his shortcomings, Late president C/laahi was one  the most serious leader Somalia had seen since the collapse of the state in 1991. 

 

I read his autobiography which is one of the most fascinating tales of any Somali leader. Anyone aspiring to be a serious politician within Somalia must read this book. The man had survived as many plots than anyone in politics within the Somali world. That is why his book is called " Halgan iyo Hagardaamo". Like the old proud Somalis of our fathers, when he lost or failed, he never quit or gave up. He spent 15% of his life  time behind bars courtesy of Siyaad and Mengistu. I couldn't imagine a man can survive that many plots against him and just keep pushing ahead without regret.

 

in 2001, Warlords in Garoowe ( Faroole people) abducted his brother from checkpoint and killed, yet never took revenge or complained. When Terrorists bombed this car in Baidoa and took the life of his own brother , he never changed the course or lamented in the media. Unlike those who cry daily , he considered these calamities as part of being engaged the deadly game of politics. 

 

Unlike today's leaders ( Both Hassan Sheikh and Farmaajo) he came to Mogadishu with nothing. LIke a leader who wanted to rely his own capacity and will, he slept makeshift houses both in Baidoa and Jowhar. Famaajo took over with thousands of police officers and thousands of soldiers;  with functioning ports and airports and well furnished  villas, while millions are pouring from the NGO's. If he had the resources they have togay,  I have no doubt he would have kicked out the Amisom and financed himself.

 

He demanded  the training of 16,000 soldiers within a year . Somali troops guarded him in Villa-Somalia not Ugandans,  Yet, those Ethiopian tanks who had helped him against the Islamic Courts , had decided to abandon him when he refused to implement their agenda. The same international community who were paying the salary of Shariif Ahmed and his guys in Asmara, Eritrea, held back their money and sidelined him. He had  power before he reached Mogadishu, but the moment he became a leader, Ethiopia changed course.

 

In his book, he admitted that he knew the Ethiopian plots early but was buying time to set his own course. Unlike today's leaders, when he  realized that he could no longer set his own agenda and rule as a president, he didn't stay and became a lame duck president holding the post in name only. Rather than been ordered to attend the GAroowe regional conferences  by the international community  like others, he left with grace and went home. He did not ask to finish his term. Unlike today's leaders who are happy to be overseers, he quit and admitted that " Waxba gacmaheena kuma jiraan". Last year,  in a local conference,  C/raxman Baadiyow kept saying that there is no authority in the hands of the leaders, and I asked him bluntly that if they have no say about the directions of the country, why not speak up and tell us or even quit?.

 

Unlike those who have built palaces and stashed millions in foreign capitals, he died while broke without a penny. His family lives like any other Somali without looted public purse. His aim was to restore the nation his actions contributed its demise. Certainly he had higher aims than money .

 

A/laahi Yusuf was certainly one of those generations of Somalis who had made history for better or worse.  While they were ruthless in their approach, I would take Siyaad Barre, Mohamed F. Aydeed and C/laahi Yusuf any day than these NGO kids running around as leaders  for the last 10 years. Aideed would  have succeeded without the foreign plot against him and the conspiracy of Manifesto trying to steal power without consulting the armed men of Aideed.

 

We Somalis reduce the history of past leaders by magnifying only  their mistakes. We must also consider the era of their actions. In communist military dictatorship, you do not speak against the leadership, or you end up in Soviet Gulag in Siberia, it is a given thing.  Siyaad Barre arresting people in 1979 is an expected  move, but  Muuse Biixi who is elected yet keeping political prisoners should be huge grave mistake in 2019.

 

Furthermore, if there are  any group of Somalis who must give thanks to anyone, it must be the OG community who  should build monuments for Siyaad Barre. He was the one who raised them above anyone else for his 21 year rule. THey became part of MOD ruling coalition. 

 

Finally, folks  rather than consume the un filtered tribal blogs, read books and find the truth between the lines.

 

Ciid Mubaarak Kuli Caam wa antum bi Khayr.

 

Bro most Somalis,  Either know truth and deny facts,  and some are not smart to read things objectively.

YEEY was one of kind, had huge guts and conviction and belief he could rule Somalia, as junior soldier, he asked Aden Adde to lead the army, I remember reading about  his ambition and someone very close to him saying he never seen any human with that belief, it is close madness.

I met one of the seniors of SSDF, their game plan, to deliver 10k army around Mogadishu, was like not SNM who started fighting in their backyard, and asked women and children for help, and when shit hit the fan, And complaints of collateral damage. Just watch Muuse Biihi talking about when they attacked Hargaisa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   
14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

A/laahi Yusuf had made many mistakes throughout his life, especially, the day he joined the camp of Africa's bloodiest dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam.  

 

When they ask him about joining Mengistu, the enemy of the republic,  he said, " Siyaad Barre Shaydaana waan u soo kaxaysan". Joining the devil's camp was disaster for most Somalis, and we are still trying to extricate ourselves from that devil's  alliance  whom A/laahi YUsuf joined in 1978. THere is no doubt he was the father of the modern conflict and quarrel of Somalia in the last 40 years. Certainly he had strong grievances against Siyaad Barre, but unfortunately , many who had minor or insignificant quarrels against Siyad Barre had followed his footsteps with disastrous outcome.

 

Yet, unlike many alphabet Somali rebels, he was the only one who admitted his mistakes. In 2004, when they asked him about the long winding road he took to the  presidency,  he said, " Haddaan Moodayo in ay Soomaali sidan u waalan tahay  oo meel laga qabto lahayn, duurr ma galeen, qorina iyo wiilna baabuur ma saareen".

 

Despite his shortcomings, Late president C/laahi was one  the most serious leader Somalia had seen since the collapse of the state in 1991. 

 

I read his autobiography which is one of the most fascinating tales of any Somali leader. Anyone aspiring to be a serious politician within Somalia must read this book. The man had survived as many plots than anyone in politics within the Somali world. That is why his book is called " Halgan iyo Hagardaamo". Like the old proud Somalis of our fathers, when he lost or failed, he never quit or gave up. He spent 15% of his life  time behind bars courtesy of Siyaad and Mengistu. I couldn't imagine a man can survive that many plots against him and just keep pushing ahead without regret.

 

in 2001, Warlords in Garoowe ( Faroole people) abducted his brother from checkpoint and killed, yet never took revenge or complained. When Terrorists bombed this car in Baidoa and took the life of his own brother , he never changed the course or lamented in the media. Unlike those who cry daily , he considered these calamities as part of being engaged the deadly game of politics. 

 

Unlike today's leaders ( Both Hassan Sheikh and Farmaajo) he came to Mogadishu with nothing. LIke a leader who wanted to rely his own capacity and will, he slept makeshift houses both in Baidoa and Jowhar. Famaajo took over with thousands of police officers and thousands of soldiers;  with functioning ports and airports and well furnished  villas, while millions are pouring from the NGO's. If he had the resources they have togay,  I have no doubt he would have kicked out the Amisom and financed himself.

 

He demanded  the training of 16,000 soldiers within a year . Somali troops guarded him in Villa-Somalia not Ugandans,  Yet, those Ethiopian tanks who had helped him against the Islamic Courts , had decided to abandon him when he refused to implement their agenda. The same international community who were paying the salary of Shariif Ahmed and his guys in Asmara, Eritrea, held back their money and sidelined him. He had  power before he reached Mogadishu, but the moment he became a leader, Ethiopia changed course.

 

In his book, he admitted that he knew the Ethiopian plots early but was buying time to set his own course. Unlike today's leaders, when he  realized that he could no longer set his own agenda and rule as a president, he didn't stay and became a lame duck president holding the post in name only. Rather than been ordered to attend the GAroowe regional conferences  by the international community  like others, he left with grace and went home. He did not ask to finish his term. Unlike today's leaders who are happy to be overseers, he quit and admitted that " Waxba gacmaheena kuma jiraan". Last year,  in a local conference,  C/raxman Baadiyow kept saying that there is no authority in the hands of the leaders, and I asked him bluntly that if they have no say about the directions of the country, why not speak up and tell us or even quit?.

 

Unlike those who have built palaces and stashed millions in foreign capitals, he died while broke without a penny. His family lives like any other Somali without looted public purse. His aim was to restore the nation his actions contributed its demise. Certainly he had higher aims than money .

 

A/laahi Yusuf was certainly one of those generations of Somalis who had made history for better or worse.  While they were ruthless in their approach, I would take Siyaad Barre, Mohamed F. Aydeed and C/laahi Yusuf any day than these NGO kids running around as leaders  for the last 10 years. Aideed would  have succeeded without the foreign plot against him and the conspiracy of Manifesto trying to steal power without consulting the armed men of Aideed.

 

We Somalis reduce the history of past leaders by magnifying only  their mistakes. We must also consider the era of their actions. In communist military dictatorship, you do not speak against the leadership, or you end up in Soviet Gulag in Siberia, it is a given thing.  Siyaad Barre arresting people in 1979 is an expected  move, but  Muuse Biixi who is elected yet keeping political prisoners should be huge grave mistake in 2019.

 

Furthermore, if there are  any group of Somalis who must give thanks to anyone, it must be the OG community who  should build monuments for Siyaad Barre. He was the one who raised them above anyone else for his 21 year rule. THey became part of MOD ruling coalition. 

 

Finally, folks  rather than consume the un filtered tribal blogs, read books and find the truth between the lines.

 

Ciid Mubaarak Kuli Caam wa antum bi Khayr.

 

Stop the lectures. You are impressing no one.

11 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Bro most Somalis,  Either know truth and deny facts,  and some are not smart to read things objectively.

YEEY was one of kind, had huge guts and conviction and belief he could rule Somalia, as junior soldier, he asked Aden Adde to lead the army, I remember reading about  his ambition and someone very close to him saying he never seen any human with that belief, it is close madness.

I met one of the seniors of SSDF, their game plan, to deliver 10k army around Mogadishu, was like not SNM who started fighting in their backyard, and asked women and children for help, and when shit hit the fan, And complaints of collateral damage. Just watch Muuse Biihi talking about when they attacked Hargaisa.

Your uncle was an amhara stooge like most of pirateland leaders. 

 

And we know he ordered the murder of 100k people in Mogadishu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   
20 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

We know you are actually not Jubalander. Go help your jeegaan. 

You should not be bad mouthing the so called “jeegan”. They are the same people who have been chasing you from one town to another since 2007 from Sool.

And today they are 10km outside your pirate capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, galbeedi said:

 

Ciid Mubaarak Kuli Caam wa antum bi Khayr.

 

Same belated to you and your family and friends.

I agree on your balanced view on the late A. Yusuf, but few points to add and one to correct.

I am sure you have read the wikileaks on the 2006/7.

The Americans never accepted A. Yusuf, from beginning to end. To make matters worst they had his phone bugged from the conference in Kenya to the end.The American preference was always from USC, Warlords, Shiek Sherif and the likes from ICU..etc

I know its hard to believe, but Ethiopian choice was Jowhar first then Baidaba, but not Mugadishu. Ethiopians never wanted to go to Mugadishu and A. Yusuf did not want Ethiopians to go to Mugadishu.

Young Aidiid had agreed to work to pacify Mugadishu at least his half. The warlord of Jowhar had committed to secure Jowhar for the TFG, but when the PM was given to them, then he grudgingly accepted to go to Mugadishu. Additionally he also had hanicap since him and Shiek Sherif were very close, before the ICU .

 

Ethiopians went in to Mugadishu only when the warlords have reneged their agreement and also the PM Ghedi side promised they will make things ok and will prevent two issues from being played:

1. The Puntlanders are disciplined army and there is no retribution for 1991/2

2. The Ethiopians though old enemy are this time coming to help and under Somalis plan not theirs.

Yemen, Turkish, Sudan, UK, Djibouti. Kenya were OK

America, Egypt, Saudis/Arabs, Eritrea were against it.

 

The friendship between Tigray and A. Yusuf was from long time ago and were introduced by WSLF. They are the ones who got him out of Menigistu jail and also helped him when he had problems with Ali Jama in Puntland.

Why was he arrested by Mengistu? Those Somalis who have no self-respect will give you a mile long analysis, but the short answer is he stood up for Somalia territory. Bring me any rebel who would stand up against those hosting him defending his country this openly and this courageously.

He told them to remove the Ethiopian flag from Somalia territory and told them they cannot claim that land.

 

He bankrupted Puntland and was very close to restoring Somalia, but all and everyone worked against him.

 

As you said he was a man of dignity and could not behave like some of the warlords and presidents after him.

Had he succeeded the Jubaland issues would never have been the same.

A. Yusuf main need for Ethiopians was actually South not Mugadishu or anywhere in North.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, Apophis said:

Somalis are quick to forget but we should not forget the crimes of Abdulahi yussuf nor Siyad Bare.

 

And now Farmaajo. We must learn from the past.

 

The only Somali leader or Warlord who ever sat with Kililka elders and point blank asked them what is that they want to do, before he works with Ethiopian governments was A. Yusuf.

He just limited the role for Kenya and he did it by fast getting out of Kenya and also placing Ethiopians from there. Actually the Ethiopian forces were on the Kenya side since they have defense agreement and were/are allowed to do so.

I don't know if that is a crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They havent forgotten, munafaqiinta, look at that hypocrite galbeedi who is praising the terrorist and yet is against madoobe who allowed land thieves and murderers who never lived in Waamo before to live peacefully. Ayusuf, the devil, murdered, children, women and men not just in Xamar but Waamo as well and he praises him. His ilk, is the very reason Somalia will continue to burn and will never regain its respect in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   
1 hour ago, Gladiolus said:

They havent forgotten, munafaqiinta, look at that hypocrite galbeedi who is praising the terrorist and yet is against madoobe who allowed land thieves and murderers who never lived in Waamo before to live peacefully. Ayusuf, the devil, murdered, children, women and men not just in Xamar but Waamo as well and he praises him. His ilk, is the very reason Somalia will continue to burn and will never regain its respect in the world.

You are speaking factually. Ahmed Madobe should have depoted the non waamo refugees from pirateland and the desert cabudwaq

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   
15 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

No-one will escape Allah's Judgment.

Dalmar, that is so  true. 

 

that statement you posted has more weight   than a thousand words. Sp, let me qualify and address that statement .

 

I have no intention of minimizing the death of thousands of Somalis in the hands of the Ethiopian army who invaded, and everyone who died is a martyr. Yet, so many different kind of invasions had taken  place including the Kenyan one  even after C/laahi Yusuf left scene and no one is complaining.

We are not discussing here about saints but a bad situation made possible by the irredentism and arrogance of the Somali leaders, especially the Islamic courts. This is not something I picked up today, but a long believe of mine . When people were talking how tough the Courts army was, I said " It will take less than two weeks for Ethiopia to defeat non state actors who never faced a real war waged by another state" Tribal militia and others fight few hours while the sun is up with few skirmishes ( Just like Puntland and Somaliland).

 

Remember, the whole thing was started when the American CIA hired Somali warlords in Mogadishu ro disarm and arrest Mogadishu Court members and their allies. The Americans not only  ignored , but refused to give hand or deal directly with the TNG. As we have  seen around the world, Americans usually know who they are looking because,  they themselves had created some of these guys in Afghanistan and other places. It is their contractors  in some cases. So, the IC already should know that they are the target of the most powerful nation.

 

A man who was involved deeply about the negotiations between the Islamic Courts and TNG (Transitional National Government) told me that the best way to avoid a conflict between  Ethiopia and the Courts were the presence of the TNG.  Anyone who had a basic understanding of geopolitics and war knew that  the biggest bulwark and barrier between those two were the TNG. As long as  as the TNG was the representative pf the government, it was difficult for the third party Islamic Courts to face Ethiopia in any direct battle. The moment the TNG is removed from the power the chances of Ethiopia and its backers colliding with the IC was huge. Rather than save themselves and take the cover of the TNG , they went out of their way to confront them.

 

 People of goodwill including Sudan and others had tried hard to avoid these conflicts. On one side you had  the Islamic courts who pacified MOgadishu for the first time in 15 years , and TNG who were  the recognized as the legitimate government of Somalia following the former TNG led by Cabdulqasin Salaad. A balancing act were needed to merge these two powers and keep the foreign army out. Yet, the Courts hijacked by firebrands like Cayrow and others , and were already gearing for war .  In Khartoum, both the president, prime minister and speaker of the parliament were there to take advantage of the situation. Yet, mid level leadership of the courts with no teeth showed up and the talks broke down.

 

I asked one of the founders of MOgadishu university Sheikh Cali, why would Sheikh Yusuf Indacade , the military chief of the IC threatened to invade Addis Ababa and goaded Ethiopia to invade?. He said, he wanted the menace of Al-shabaab within  the Islamic Courts to be destroyed by Ethiopia. Certainly he did. The day after the war  started in Baidoa,  he landed in Mecca for Hajj while Al-Shbaab youth were slaughtered. Even if the invasion of Ethiopia did not happen, there would have been a war between the military wing pf the Courts, Al-shbaab and moderates led by Shariif Ahmed. For example,  in  one incident, in the middle of the night, Cayrow, Fuad Shoongale and Ahmed Godane picked up Shariif Ahmed from his home, took him outside and told him, " Ashahaadfo oo Toobo keen haddi kale qoortaanu kaa goyn" After Shariif Ahmred made statements that seemed weak or appealing for mediation by the international community.

 

A war between Shariif , the moderate leader , and Cayrow aided by Sheikh Hassan Dahir could have taken place. A war with both religious and tribal connotations similar to those between Caydiid and Cali Mahdi could have taken place. Folks, the issue isn't about what happen, but why the courts and their policies allowed to happen. In fact, the courts could have hide behind the the government and kept  out the Ethiopians. 

 

THey should have known that America and the man contracted to do the job Meles Zenawi were looking them for confrontation and they ended up falling to the trap heads on. . They could have demanded the premiership and partnered with the TNG. Shariif Ahmed was able to enter negotiations after three years of destruction and war. He had the chance  to join hands with the TNG and confront the extremists early. By the time Shariif Ahmed took power it was too late. . He has to be guarded by the same foreign troppos the Courts were supposed to fight.

 

It is the typical  Somalis playing with fire and then complaining about being  burned. The Mogadishu war was avoidable. If the Courts accepted settlement, the TNG and the Courts together would have faced the Al-shabaab wing and s would have spared  all of us  these these hardships.  At the end,  Al-shabaab either killed , drailed or destroyed everyone including their allies, Sheikh Ahmed, Sheikh Hassan Daahir, Aweys and others. The unfortunate thing was the same Ethiopian forces the courts fought, escorted them to Hiiraan and other places.

 

 

We need to learn from these mistakes . The Islamic Courts , which was a movement that brought law and order in Mogadishu since 1991 had wasted and had thrown out  all it's gains because of greed and power hungry . Because of Somali hubris and winner take all mentality. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.