Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

You are a Somali Investor!

Buuxo   

lool infidels oo dhan ma diidesa mise ,gabdhaha timaha cas iyo indhaha blaguuga aa kabaqee, if its the latter than guuntiino iyo shaash aa loo xiraaya,micna ma leh. :D

Haye eedo ,Bu'aalena maxaa leeygu diidaya? :D

stoit   

I have this idea that i believe wont even need alot of money. It may need trust and the ability to work along agreed paths even when our sentimensts will push us to take sides.

Well this is the idea.

Firstly it is to build an information network-audio visual.

Firstly a group of like minded individuals will be needed to start it all up. They will probably need to contribute each a sum of money ..not much ..merely as needed to get things started. Afterwards comes the hard part and that is to sell parts of the company to the somali public and thus increasse the pool of money.

Although the situation in somalia is very difficult and dangerous, i am sure it wont be very hard to find honest individuals who can use a continuous income and are willing to gradually build themselves a career in journalism with maybe a little guidance.

The thing is there can be an a continuous stream of video from our homeland and as the network builds trust among the civilians and the officials alike, they will be able to build bridges as well as dispell darkness. The somalis, both at home and in the diaspora, will be able to judge better for themselves and align their support with their interest.

In the long run there is even a possibility of projecting back to the people their true identity thereby creating or working towards the creation of a proper nation.

I am not ****** and i do understand that it will not be easy, especially trying to convince both the government and the rebels of their impartiality but i guess treading carefully, consistency and time can go along way in their attempt to curve out such a path.

The sad part is that i think that it will be almost inevitable to avoid using the already establish form of network ie tribalism. Dont be alarmed please. The only way those networks will be avoided is by using only wadaados and their partialy will then be compromised. The thing is it is truely sad that there are almost no honest people to be found anywhere anymore except for the wadaados and they have already aligned themselves (or so is the general perception)with the rebels.

Other than that obstacle which is not a small one, it is plausible i think.

This ,even if it were to work, will most likely not be profitable in the short run but in the long run, provided the company can withstand the differest forms of destructive pressures, will probably have rewards on many levels not only in terms of cash but also the power to influence others and it that is used righty spiritual rewards and honour awaits the victors.

What do you guys think..i know i know a load of over optimistic rubish.

stoit   

You know how back in somalia our main breakfast meal was canjeero, well here in the west many people each cornflakes or like me branblakes and so on. I have noticed how nearly every supermarket have got their own brand and normally theirs is cheaper than the more popular brands.

Thing is although i am still to do research on this, i think that it may not be very expensive to start a factoy that makes them.

There are a few advantages to them as opposed to our canjeero.

Firstly they have a longer shelf life

Secondly as they are in mostly fortified with vitamins and minearals they are a much better feed for our population especially our children who are severely impacted by malnutrition.

Thirdly because they can be industrially produced they are a much better value for money. Remember most parents will be poor even if peace were to come today and affordability is one of the things that will restrict access to proper nutrition and a balanced lifestyle.

The first point alone should be a blessing to a nation such as ours. When food productions is adversely impacted by war and the ensuing chaos and our rainfall partern is also chaotic, the production and processing of foods that can be consumed instantly and have a longer shelf life at the same time is sure way of preventing food shortages. They also create market stabilty in my opinion as far as food goes.

In Somalia the less the need to cook things the bette for us all. We use charcoal and wood and we get our wood probably by chopping down the few trees that we have left, contributing to desertification. Cornflakes and other flakes only need addition of milk and will thus save our environment.

Another food that is not really a staple of ours but needs to be is fish. We have a very long coastline and rather than farming goats which are also said to contribute to soil erosion we can easily change to fish consumption.

I personally considered it once but since fish goes bad quickly and our roads are either poor or non-existant, most of our towns and villages are cut off from this abundant source of food. It would probably be possible to set up shops with cool rooms and buy refridgerated trucks to supply them but this will only be economical when supplying coastal towns.

I have a relative who lives in dubai who was also contemplating starting this kind of bussiness in mogadishu. That was in 2004 and i have not been in contact since then so i have no idea if he went ahead with it or not. The chances are however it will be a waste of money under current conditions.

In all honesty peace must first prevail before anything can be attempted.

Cara.   

Stoit, canjeelo only needs flour, which can be fortified with vitamins and minerals, is a better value for money than cereal, and has an almost indefinite shelf-life. And as for the environment, a box of cornflakes probably requires more wood and energy to produce because of all the packaging, transportation etc.