Sign in to follow this  
diya

I need advice from all the Intellegent somali people in this site.

diya   

Today is my first time to post anything in this web, but i need advice from you all. i live San diego and my parents are forcing me to go to another state which i dont want to go. And i dont want to break their hearts. :confused:

Should I refuse fellowing them,or should I go where my forks are going? :confused:

NEED 911 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jafarel.   

The name 'Diya' is feminine, so I'll assume it is until proven otherwise..

There are two sides to this:

1) Why do u want to stay?

and

2) Why are they moving?

As to the first, you might have already settled in one state, understood the neighbourhood well, and have made alot of good friends and strongly believe that this State is the place for you. Thus, there'll always be that fear of not knowing how well u'll like the new place and what kind of people its inhabitants are and ofcourse u'll want to measure your life chances there. Hence, you are convinced you dont want to go.

As to the second, your parents know what is best for you and them. They've lived in your current State for some time and it just might not be happening for them. They perhaps feel the environment is corrupt and wouldnt want you to stay there any longer. Maybe moving to a new State is the best 'deen wise'...

The Ayaas in the Quran and Hadiths from the Prophet SAW advising us to honour our parents are numerous.

MY ADVICE: Obey them as long as they dont call you to the disobedience of Allah (SW) and His Messenger (SAW).

And Allah knows best..

Baluug   

Jafarel's right, you should listen to your parents. Besides, whatever's in San Diego can't be that important, unless you're married with children and well-established already, in which case I don't think your parents would make you move.

Hey walalo!

I truely think that the best thing for you is to be with your family.

Remember Your mother and father love you. Respecting them will show them that you love them and listen to them.

Maybe someday u will go back to San Diego. For now tho, be with family, alot of ppl around the world are losing family members.

Walaahi may allah Guide your family inshallah.

bye

good luck

Pi   

If your parents won't too too heart-broken about it, you should stay behind. I always wanted to leave home for my undergraduate studies, but my parents chained me to my room. It'll be a good experience for you.

Ibtisam   

lool; depends on how old u are and why you want to stay. if they are good reasons, explain to your family and tehy will understand, if they are not valid reasons that what you waiting for; move over. in saying that moving is a life changing experience, as a child i was bounced all over the world, as a child it affects you negatively because you have to learn so many things and get use to different environment and make new friends as the new kid on the block, but when u become older you appreaciate all that you have seen and done.

peace out

you need to keep all your personal life bottled up, some people might say thats not healthy but its truly healthy for us, I mean for good gods sake spare us your drama!

^^^Thats not nice Cons, tho I must admit I laughed at first.

diya,

I have lived in 4 different countries myselfand learn 4 different languages, and moved 3 times and finally settled in the UK. All of that was not of my own making or my own decisions. Human beings dnt like change, but believe me,I wouldn't regret living in any of those countries.

It might not sound nice at first but I advise you to follow your parents.

Peace out

Ibtisam   

i'm not sure the above ^^^people are the " intellegent somali people on this site" you were looking for, rather those that responded are the ones that were bored and had nothing better to do :D:D