Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

All the things I forgot to do;

Kulmiye   

I think one needs a great amount of money to experience the best of many places. however one should not lose all his time to harvest plenty to enjoy life.

LOl! Ala dadkaanaa! War gabadhu idin ma dhihin I want to travel. She asked if there were things you put on the back burner, so to speak, that you wish you had not. Do you feel as if time is passing you by sometimes?

C&H, I think I want to try the selfish phase, but I need to move to the end of the earth first, otherwise they will think Jiin baa ii galey and I'd have Quran read on me

:D exactly the reason why my selfish phase didnt last.

Chimera   

A husband and wife besides living in eachother's worlds on a daily basis should have a seperate bubble of friends/version of reality all to themselves, so they can go on trips/do the things they want with these friends, when the spouse is not interested.

There has to be trust ofcourse, but an alarm - *Peewweewweew* - should go off immediately if your wife takes a trip to Greece by herself, or your Husband joins a carnival in Brazil :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

I went into the sitting room and started a conversation along these lines with a
Hindi
;

Me: so and so e-mailed me, he is doing what he said he would, and he has travelled half of the world, seems happy too.

Hindi: Hmmm, mashallah good for him

Me: Yeah but it is making me think of all that I wanted to do and didn’t

Hindi: Are you not happy?

Me: I did not say that, I am just saying I wish I did stuff

Hindi: So you are happy?

Me: what?

Hindi: If you are happy, then it does not matter what others are doing, but if you are telling me you are unhappy then just say so.
*puts on glasses and turns the TV off*

Me:
in my head *Errrg, waxan waalan, maskax beelahan*
Never mind.
*start to walk off*

Hindi: No, no we are going to discuss this, where are you going.

Me: No we are not; from now on I am going to be less patient, I don’t care and I am going to do what I want, when I want.

Hindi: How is that any different to what you always do anyway?
*switches TV back on*

Me:
in my head * qudun iyo qashabiir waxiid*
you wait and see.

OMG! Has anyone tried to read the above with an Indian accent? Waaba dhiman gaaray :D

Planning ahead of time never really worked for me...Living in the moment and taking things as they come has always been my motto...So far, alxamdulilaah, waxaan sheegto waa dambi...

Cabdow   

I'm not very fond of spouses(and by spouses, I mean men, LOL!) taking long vacations by themselves.

Whynot, are we suffering from trust issues icon_razz.gif

RedSea   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

ninyahow ma aniga si kale u qaatay mise Juxa cadceeda ayey madaxa ku sidataa!!
:D
How many times did I see her talking about $$$$.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

RedSea   

Originally posted by STOIC:

I wish I had a snake oil to sell it to all the confused single twenty somethings out there.. ...I found out As you grow older your priorities change..no longer are you living in wishful life...You take everyday as it comes!

Welcome to reality my friend. ;)

Ah, Ibts. Been there and did not do it all. :D You may do more than the average person but you probably have a longer, more demanding list than most. Either relax your rules or hold yourself more accountable. Quality vs quantity- that goes for people too.

I had a profund thought. Oh, it's gone. C'est la vie. redface.gif

As someone who has been too often ill, lol, I will say health is the most important thing. Everything else pales in comparison when you get over something health-challenging.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not very fond of spouses(and by spouses, I mean men, LOL!) taking long vacations by themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whynot, are we suffering from trust issues

No, I'm suffering from reality icon_razz.gif Send a farah to the Bahamas and he will take a detour to Africa and get married to his father's 4th cousin's daughter who's sister is married to his second cousin :D

Blessed   

Ibts,

Don't beat yourself up, you've already done a million and one worthy things. Think about what's stopping you? If it isn't essential, sort it out. smile.gif

I second Serenity, list it. I use 43thing.coms and 43places.com. I can never get past 11 things on my to do list.

Forgetful is my middle name, I generally go with the flow, par the essentials- I list these and set reminders. smile.gif

p.s lets not forget that we all thread different paths, it's useless comparing yourself and sometimes it's just wasn't in your qadr.

Cabdow   

No, I'm suffering from reality Send a farah to the Bahamas and he will take a detour to Africa and get married to his father's 4th cousin's daughter who's sister is married to his second cousin

:D Give Farax a

from the get go, and i'm sure he will always find his way home. Despite, the long distant cousin invitations, na'mean ;)