Sign in to follow this  
lol

Girls Chill Lounge

lol   

Alright! Sisters we all know that our special thread has been abused by brothers, with all kinds of love/hate relationship rollercoasts... Now it is time we make use of this thread... What do you say we teach each other make up tricks? Fashion? Relaxation skills? Time managements? All girls no boys... Sorry guys .. EXIT :D

How about that honeys?

Great idea sis,

diamond princess - What I find extremely relaxing is going steam once a week for two hrs it works all the tension of everyday live just goes away and its also good for ur skin ;)

..:..let me juss add some things for us girls to do wen were feelin a day to relax and look good.

AT HOME SPA TREATMENTS:

Honey Cleansing Scrub

1 Tablespoon honey

2 Tablespoon finely ground almonds

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Mix together and rub gently onto your face. The honey helps to moisturize, almonds help exfoliate, and the lemon helps to diminish redness and blotches. How sweet is that?

Strawberries & Cream Toner

2 ounces ripe strawberries

1/2 pint lowfat milk

Mix ingredients in a blender and strain through a paper towel. With a cotton ball, smooth the liquid onto your face, and wipe clean with a dry towel. The acids in both the milk and the strawberries brighten dull-looking skin. (It leaves you smelling berry good, too!)

Avocad-Glow Mask

1 whole soft avocado, peeled and chopped

A squeeze of lemon

Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork until smooth, and mix in lemon juice. Apply the paste to your face and let sit for 20 minutes. (Avocado has natural moisturizing properties to make skin super-soft.) Rinse with warm water and watch your friends get green with envy.

Salty Body Glow

1 cup fine sea salt

1/2 cup grape-seed, olive, or almond oil

Stir ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto damp skin and massage in -- the grainy salt whisks away dead skin cells while the oil seals in moisture. Concentrate on the rough spots like elbows and heels. Rinse well, and check out that smooth bod!

Sweet Vanilla Soak

1 cup sweet almond oil (light olive oil may be substituted)

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup liquid soap (plain or flower-scented)

1 Tablespoon vanilla extract

Measure the oil into a medium bowl, and then carefully stir in remaining ingredients until mixture is fully blended. Pour into a squeeze bottle and add about a quarter of the mix to a warm bathtub (this recipe will make enough for four baths). Steep and soak your cares away.

Delilah   

Nice idea for sure!!!! I was wondering if anyone can tell me as to how i can remove these dark circles under my eyes ( started appearing once i entered high school, its a total drag!!!). SO, if u guess have any advice on how to remove them, say something, oh and i don't want to use makeup for it, so any other method would be much apprecaited!!! :D

nafta   

naa hibo i think u can read minds i was thinking of posting this thread too...great minds eh ;)

for somali chick...well baby girl to remove saggy bags under my eyes i always use camomile thee bags, put them in hot water and place them on ur eyes, closed ofocurse (make sure u dont overdo the hotness...we dont want u burning them!). This might sound cheesy but it actually helps, it calms u and if u do this twice a week, then ur dark circles should hopefully go away...it works for me (cuz i'm worth it :D;) )

One question girls...waxing or shaving?

pearl   

thanxs walaalo...i was growing sick and tired of all that 2..

mis_Nasima...said something about steaming ur face and body....really a miracle worker...its like detoxifying ur body...something we all overlook.....check out a book store for books on detox...in the mind and body section.....mind u i havnt read mine yet.. :cool:

nafta...gota say am loving ur trade mark... (cuz i'm worth it :D:D )

depends on ur skin type...if u have sensitive skin...stay away....if not its really great...cuz it takes 4 weeks or more for the hair to grow back....and unless ur a pro dont try making wax at home unless u wana burn urself.. :mad: ...i had the unfortunate experience of doing soo...

one other thing u should try is bleaching ur hair....as long as it goes in tune with ur skin color.....u dont want it to be obvious....its takes about 3 months before ur hair color returns to its original color....

those sisters who are allergic to eye makeup such as mascara and kohl...cuzing ur eyes to get blood red...try vasine eye drops...before u apply ur mascara and within minutes ur eyes should become clear....dont over use it though

for relaxation....walking...even in this freezing weather...just dress real warm....and u'll be fine...

fashion...dont even...damn :mad: ...most of the shit that is shown on fashion shows is unislamic to be worn outside...so i dont even bother......<----leaves this section for jannah insha allah....

A7LA-SHU   

woow mansha'allah im getting some ideas here thanks..

just got one Q.. when it comes to waxing any good kind yo'll know of? coz i only tried to make one at home and it ain't that great..

OG_Girl   

about waxing ,I use home made and it works perfectly let me tell u how to make it perfectly:

One cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of limon no water at all , put it on low fire about 45 minutes or till gets light brown color..u can use it 4 to 5 times.

Salaam

Gediid   

Originally posted by pearl:

depends on ur skin type...if u have sensitive skin...stay away....if not its really great...cuz it takes 4 weeks or more for the hair to grow back....and unless ur a pro dont try making wax at home unless u wana burn urself.. :mad: ...i had the unfortunate experience of doing soo...

Damn I must be old fashioned cuz I still truly enjoy Omer Duule's Gacmahaaga Xaade leh markaan soo xasuustaba xanxantoodayey......

nafta   

^^^ :D:D Thas all good Gediid, but which part of Girls Only did u not get?? :rolleyes: ...Let us have our girly talk in peace mate...we were starting to get into the swing of things dee!

magnoona girl...i find that Veet Warm Roll On Wax is the best, it heats itself up while its on ur skin plus it's got a mosturiser so you won't feel all dry or anything afterwards...but if that won't do or if u can't find it, try finding one with mosturiser and/or with vitamen C or E.

And for anyone who thinks waxing or shaving are out of the question, there's always those hair removal creams, they're time savers...will only take 8 minutes tops. ;)

Pearl...thanx love...u can borrow the trade mark if u want, but u're gonna have to see my copyrights company about it :D:D

Does anybody put on a concealer...and what make-up products do u use, blusher, powder, lipstick, lipgloss, eye make-up??

pearl   

Originally posted by Gediid:

[/qb]

Damn I must be old fashioned cuz I still truly enjoy Omer Duule's Gacmahaaga Xaade leh markaan soo xasuustaba xanxantoodayey...... [/QB]

lolol...gediiid...u said it....for some reason older men seem to enjoy it( so i have been told).....i dont think it the same for younger men who have been raised in these countries....

naftaa.....borrow it!...girl dont let me report u to L'Oreal....

Does anybody put on a concealer...and what make-up products do u use, blusher, powder, lipstick, lipgloss, eye make-up??

i wouldnt recommand concealer,blush, powder in the day time...its too obvious....and if ur a regular user...u might want to cut down...its really bad for ur skin....cuz ur skin needs to breath....maybe on specials nights...like weddings...i dont know about u but have u noticed how every girl looks soo different in weddings.....

i happen to love mascara ..cant go without it.....

hibo fabulous (ur name goes soo well wiht it... soo..why not...reminds of the bachelor..there was this girl who they used to call tina fabulous)....anyways since ur in the motherland of islamic fashion why not give us some tips?

Hi everyone,

Well.....I'm more interested in picking up ideas for my "ME TIME". Most times, besides reading books, writing on my journal, or watching TV., I ran out of ideas to amuse myself at home.

I was thinking of trying Yoga...has anyone tried it b4?

*BrB*