Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Shuush.....

Do you believe that there is a certain limit when it comes to telling your husband/wife anything from your past?

I'm reading Essence magazine and there's a section that is talking about only 78% of males tell their partners any secrets or things they have done in the past.

Ok since this is a predominantly Muslim Soomaali forum let me turn it out and change it a little.

How far do you think your partner(Husband or future husband)owes you in terms of sharing his past?

Ok now in terms of factors it can be financially,sexually,emotionally,socially ect.

I'm mostly intrigued by sexual health/past since the fact that the Aids epidemic is spreading and is no joke.Although it is mostly a taboo topic within our community would you ask your future hubby(or for those already married)have you asked about his sexual health/past?Or for him to be tested?

I believe that our weapon is knowledge,in many cases what you dont know CAN and WILL hurt you at some point!

What do you think ladies?

Ibtisam   

YOu know i was think about this a while back, because someone asked me sonething (not going to say what) and i was so shocked they could even get the question past their lips, and then they added, "i'm mean it does not make a difference to me, if you have" :rolleyes: :mad: I was so upset, i stopped talking to them, i mean seriously how dare you, but then i've been thinking lately that mayb, just maybe i overreacted! redface.gif

I guess it depends on the person, If you kind of know they had a wild past life, or they got a bit side tract, then take them to the doc, Better be safe than sorry, maybe you can get tested same time so that it does not become an argument or cause offense. Make a condition before your marriage or something. I guess how well you know the person, trust, etc comes into it, but hey don't trust anyone when it comes to your health!

Sharing is caring right, am sure as time goes u will pretty much get a good idea of the persons'past without really asking any direct questions.

But if its someone u want to have a future with i suppose is paramount u acertain certain facts that u feel are important to u, and if it means asking them direct to their face so be it.

P.S So Ibti have u then ? huuh share it with us

Ibtisam   

^^^lool^^ oh get lost, on second thoughts, are you asking me coz you want me to ask you? ;) okay then :D why ve u, u are more than wlc to share! loool

I think it is a tricky thing to get around, i'm sure everyone will find out one way or the other, it just might be too late for some! :cool:

p.s. Too much sharing is currently the problem, would you not agree Hizb? so it is certainly not caring! :eek:

moi asked you 1st young lady, but then again i doupt i need to know the answer, too much info is no good sometimes.

Is tricky but i doupt some1 will ever get serious or even thinking marriage with someone that not so sure about their past dealings.

sharing is good trust, just share with the right people ...like moi :D

Ibtisam   

^now why did i think you were a chick :confused: now you are starting to sound like a dude :confused:

sharing is good trust, just share with the right people ...like moi

^that statement just told us (the public more than we needed to know) for your sake i hope you don't use that on the regular ;):D

I'm not interested in sharing anything with you or anyone else, now or ever

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^now why did i think you were a chick :confused: now you are starting to sound like a dude :confused:

Hayaaay i better make a runna now, me u confuse me with a bird ,' how very very dare you '

Ibtisam   

loool; not my fault you type and post like a women, not to mention the avatar which is very feminine :D fix up, type like a man and I’m sure the doubt will easy :D

haye, tats just deep young xaliimoz, is nice to be in touch with my feminine side now and then smile.gif , after all i been inside a woman for nine months and how ever many days i was late, and in future will make a deposit into one ...

Ibtisam   

after all i been inside a woman for nine months and how ever many days i was late, and in future will make a deposit into one ...

Edit

It wz bit evil, i take it back icon_razz.gif but still :rolleyes: Odd way at looking at things :rolleyes: :cool:

I think we've hijacked the thread enough as it is,Xalimopatra will kick you *a*s*s when she see's this

How far do you think your partner(Husband or future husband)owes you in terms of sharing his past?

Not very far.

If it's about sexual health, then a clean (written) bill of health will more than suffice. Other than that, it would be entirely up to him to share anything about his past.

Personally I'm very nosy and I find people's life experiences fascinating (if they have had a fascinating life, that is), so in that regard I would love to know every facet of his life so far. But, and this is a big BUT, it would have to be voluntary. I wouldn't expect it nor would I demand it.

And vice versa.

By Hizb:

after all i been inside a woman for nine months and how ever many days i was late, and in future will make a deposit into one ...

Akhas!

Ibtisam iyo HizB get outta my ocean(aka my thread) biliis.Hit the PM luuq baan yidhi :D

Valenteenah hello girly,oi!oi! smile.gif

I see what you mean lakiin you must be a very disciplined person walle.I mean what if the dude made little comments here and there and didn't conclude the whole istoori?I would stranger him and probably myself afterwards out of curiousity Lol

Lol @ Deposit HizB wax baa ka dhimaan niyow I swear down!

P.s-I'm at my Uni library and two rows ahead of me there's a Somali girl on SOL.She is too far for me to see if she is logged in lakiin I'm intrigued.If you are reading this gabadhyahay and there is a wide eyed,buck toothed Xalimo sitting on a pc behind you it's me! :cool:

Ibtisam   

P.s-I'm at my Uni library and two rows ahead of me there's a Somali girl on SOL.She is too far for me to see if she is logged in lakiin I'm intrigued.
If you are reading this gabadhyahay and there is a wide eyed,buck toothed Xalimo sitting on a pc behind you it's me!

loool that had me rolling. When i was at uni there was a guy who was addicted to SOl, Everytime i walked saw him in the lib he was on SOL, never managed to find out his SOL nick; lool.

Val: I agree, i think in time everything comes out, sonner or later, if you are around long enough, so often if you let nature work on its own you don't ve to ask any questions.

Lol Ibti

What you're saying about waiting and letting time take truth's course,well I'm too damn impatient.

I'm a control freak aint I? :( Just like how I cant eat off a wet plate or how I have to dry my lettuce before I put it in a sandwiiiisssssh...I'm so lame.

Ibtisam   

^^loool^ you are a freak indeed. lool. Impatient, there is a cure for it... i think, i remember reading it, if i find it i iwll send it to you. lool. You know all good things come to those who wait! or so it is said. :D

I don't think you are a control freak, i know one, and you don't sound like them, but possible just curious about things