Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

A guy named Druzila- the worst job in the world..

dawoco   

some weeks ago, I started this job working for a non-profit making insurance asscociation. In a nutshell it was calling people up and asking them questions about their health and then telling them how great our policy was and how cheap.

As is the norm, people hate strangers calling them and asking about their health. But the fun bit was finding out about the person on the other end of the line. The protocol was that the more u know about them, the more likely they are to trust you with their details :D and it was a working formula..

One time i was listening in on a converstaion between another co-worker and this guy called Andrew. He was quite amiable and listened politely. He seemed like a blokes bloke and was very reserved and all...How deceiving things can be!

Soon enough we knew that he had a 3yr old daughter and an ex-wife and everything seemed normal...That is, until he said he was having a sex change done :confused: :confused:

Still, not too strange in the world we live in. So as the conversation went on my co-worker started asking him what he would call himself. And the macho guy we were talking to proudly anounced that he would be known as Druzila :eek:

Of all the names in the world, why in heavens name Druzila?! Isn't she that evil woman in 101 dalmations? I mean if a man is going to the trouble of becoming a woman, shouldn't he at least find a decent name?

Enough was enough, and after talking to a guy named Druzila, I decided bugging people on the phone wasn't my cup of tea. That was my first and last week of wonders icon_razz.gif

So what was your worst job ever?

LOL @ Druzila. What a choice, but to each his

(or in this case HER) own. BTW the woman in 101 Dalmations was called Cruella not Druzila but there is not much of a difference anyways smile.gif

OG Moti   

Dear Dawaco, I dont like to spoil your topic, but it seems to me you left your job because one guy turned to a women and he choose Druzila as a name.. weird, just tell us you were lazy to perform your job and use that as an excuse to leave the job, once qaxooti always qaxooti... The job you are doing or were doing is called Telemarketing, it is one of the most interesting jobs that requires patience and dedication.. it is a job that is result oriented, means no matter what you say or do, get clients... looool, My worse Job?

I have to say my worse job is the one i am doing now, teaching cambodian students, the students are nice and some are very good, however more than 98% of them have no basic backgrounds in anything so to speak, high school system is the worse, teachers get paid $30 a month, so they do not teach at all, and they charge students $20 to pass the subject, they spend their time courting the pretty girls in the class, and the result would be .. them coming to me at university and expecting i will teach them from zero ground, I have to explain every word i say, They dont undertand the cocept of education, they seem to think, you pay tuition fee, and the teacher somehow will open your brains and place information in their brains.. they seem to think it is ok to copy from books and cheat in exams, they got surprised when they dont show up for classes and fail, they negotiate for grades, they cheat as if the teacher has never been a student at one point of his life, I was educated in Middle east, and in there you learn the most safisticated methods of cheating, and in Cambodia they open a 400 pages book and expect i wont notice.. this is a job from hell, yet it pays well, even more than developed countries, but the amount of work you have to put up with is stressful and sometimes depressing, you work almost 20 hours, atleast i do, how? after working hours we still need to correct their badly written,and copied assignment, prepare for lessons and find a methods that could suit teaching someone who had no background or even hardly write... I think teaching a cat to speak would be easier sometimes than teaching some of the students i have... My Job is a sucide mission, and what keeps me going on, is first challange, second i love these indho yar people, they seem to be nice and friendly, third I have no choice but to be here... hard position but at the end of the day, life goes on, and nothing is what it seems... peace

Salma   

Moti, being in Guantanamo is better than Cambodia J/K LOOL

All da best in yr Hell, dont worry u will Survive, coz the Somali Nation are the Only nation that can survive under all the cruel and horrible circumstances. Even if the Qaxooti is opened for them in Antarcatica and Alaska, they will go there and survive :D

Speaking about da Qaxooti, i wana know something. Why CANT the Somali people settle in one country. They keep moving from a country to another.

If they are in Netherlands, they will go to UK. If they are in UK they will go to USA

If they are in Norway they will go Denmark

If they are in Denmark they will move to Norway

If they are in Finland they will go to UK

If tehy are in Germany they cant leave Germany :D

9ej ele galaw NOMADS even in Europe :confused:

my worst job. was i have ta say back in the days when i was CIYAALSUUQ/HUSLER, u aks how is that a job then i say shyyyt i was gettin piad (ya heard) anyways one day while we was doing our routine checks we came across this middle aged man that came outta the XAWILAAD, so we aproached him slowly knocked him senseful and robbed him but after few weeks later i found out that he was the father of this chick i used the buy VICTORIA SECRET'S for ....daaaaym watta shame.....i is knows... :D

posted by phil

Holy Moly!

who's HOLY is MOLY dear

EM please STOP hijacking the topic.........stick to the script dear maxaa somalida faley oo ay la fadhiisan la'ayihiin......MA OGI.....maxaa kurka loogu shubaa kuleelka, asagoo karkaraaya kub loogu siyaa...MA OGI

asxantu

Salma   

Checkmate,

Stick 2 the script ????? Hijacking the topic????

Is there something wrong with ur Brain's Cells??

Stay away from my replies if u dont like them dude.

Gal esh gal , gal the father of a chick i used to buy her Victoria's Secret.

waja3 3afana allah

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Em:

Speaking about da Qaxooti, i wana know something. Why CANT the Somali people settle in one country. They keep moving from a country to another.

If they are in Netherlands, they will go to UK. If they are in UK they will go to USA

If tehy are in Germany they cant leave Germany
:D

u know what they say.. the grass is always greener on the other hill

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Em:

If tehy are in Germany they cant leave Germany
:D

u know what they say.. the grass is always greener on the other hill

NGONGE   

Sounds like dawaco was not asked to sign a confidentiality agreement! :rolleyes:

My worst job was as a mini cab office controller in Soho. For those who don't know Soho, it's an area in central London that is populated by prostitutes, transvestites and has lots of gay pubs. The majority of my "punters" had a link to the sex trade one way or another. I even got asked out by a drag queen once! But I think HE was just teasing me. :mad:

Anyway, when the drug dealers started trying to recruit me and the police started to hassle me, and the prostitutes started to proposition me, I decided enough was enough and walked out on them all. icon_razz.gif

PS

Druzila sounds nice ;)

The one you had in mind was the great Cruella De Ville :D

The worst job I ever had was working as a babysitter for a Somali Fundraiser. Lets just say 3 adults and 30 kids under 10 were involved. Goodness.....Im serioulsy considering ______________________________.

The worst job was at cinnabon.

After you find out all the junk they put in their cinnamon buns, you are going to be so turned off. And they gave their employees two cinnamon buns for free after their shift.

I didn't last more than two days, and gained maybe 5 pounds.

The worst job experience I had was at a nursing home.

It is true when they say as ppl grow older they return to a state of childhood were they cant take control of themselves.May Allah protect us from feeble age.

The worst part was working with patients with dementia, they keep on asking for the same thing over n over again.Or claim youve stolen something from them :mad: .

Anyway at the end of the day was a good experience to understand whats it like when ppl grow old. I admired those at age 99 and yet their minds and character were better than younger 60things. And found out that they loved reading books n solving puzzles, kept their brain occupied.