Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

Somali Customer Killed During Restaurant Robbery

Hawdgirl   

scw to all the brothers and sisters of sol,

isn't it bizzare how your young people are getting killed everywhere in the diaspora now a days.

Ilaahoow noo naxariiso! Aaamiin

Customer Killed During Restaurant Robbery

POSTED: 5:48 am EST January 10, 2006

UPDATED: 5:46 pm EST January 10, 2006

DEKALB COUNTY -- DeKalb County police are investigating the death of a customer who was shot as he startled two men holding up a restaurant where he went to get take-out food.

Police say the man, identified as 28-year old Abdihakim Adam, was a regular at Madina, an Ethiopian-Somalian restaurant on Memorial Drive.

They say Adam had gone into the kitchen to pick up his nightly order just after 10:00 p.m. yesterday and came out to find two armed men demanding that the cashier open the register.

Adam, a baker, was shot in the head. Police say the register had only $60 inside, and the robbers left without taking the money.

Police are still searching for the gunmen.

Copyright 2006 by WSBTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

STOIC   

May Allah give Sabr to the family of the deceased.We are apt to become so used to life that we take it for granted.We forget that when your time is up it doesn't matter where you are or what time it is! The particular restaurant where this incident occured is my popular food joint.I was actually there the night before having a dinner with my cousin at the restaurant.This morning when i passed by the restaurant the deceased individual car was still parked there.This incident really hitted close to home;It did really torn the community apart.May Allah grant Sabr and Iman to the family of the deceased!

Castro   

^ I too am quite familiar with that restaurant and this was shocking to hear as my wife knew the deceased (may Allah forgive his sins). Tragic deaths are always hard and more than cars and personal belongings are left behind. Children, wives/husbands, family and friends are left to wonder why. Allah yirxam brother Cabdixakiim and all of us.