Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

An open letter to Tony Blair

rudy

how can say the grammer is bad or its badly written when you, yourself have done zip!! thats completely preposterous and bad thinking!!

True, but i have taken the local view and informed everyboy that I'm not gonna try to kill them.

manaa waalan misey cadan ba laga heesaya!! brotha, why do u ask nonsense q's? i seen u say this lousy things over and over again! and frankly, i am perturbed. if we confuse u, then just go some where else and then u might get a bolt of ligthening landing on your head and voila Ureka!!

i couldn't disagree more with you on this 'blud we MUST ask questions and lots of them.

If you read what I've said you should see that my main complaint is not the grammar, but the content. The letter says little that i find helpfull. To me it summarises, we're sorry, its not our fault, please don't take housing benefit away from us! While this awful situation has highlighted real issues in how we conceive ourselves as a somali community, where its boundaries lie, how it relates to the multitude of communities around it and what power we have within it. If anything this should be the start of a self reflection process in which we at least try identify our groundings.

My first question is who is the Somali Concern Group? I've lived in the uk more years than i care to remember and this is the first I've heard of them. I don't think their sentiment is wrong, but it cant represent me if i don't know who it is?!

and i know its an old argument but we still are far too fragmented, while many-a-concern-group collects pay cheques to support us! you know it and you've all seen it all before. Therefore, talking about actions if you want, lets (us here in SOL) write the open letter, at least we somewhat know each others concerns, opinions and would be willing to engage in a discussion to resolve our disagreements.

While grammar is presentation and is important so that the individuals intentions can be understood unequivocally and taken seriously . This letter is for me very superficial and mostly because it says nothing. We cant just hope to pull the wool over peoples eyes with a few well placed catch phrases and hope they don't notice that as a community we are disintegrating under the weight of our pretencions.

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

quote:

manaa waalan misey cadan ba laga heesaya!! brotha, why do u ask nonsense q's? i seen u say this lousy things over and over again! and frankly, i am perturbed. if we confuse u, then just go some where else and then u might get a bolt of ligthening landing on your head and voila Ureka!!

i couldn't disagree more with you on this 'blud we MUST ask questions and lots of them.

If you read what I've said you should see that my main complaint is not the grammar, but the content.
CG, I think Rudy's quote was aimed at Haddad's questions and not yours. That is if I understood everything correctly.

You have a point tho...the letter is far too wishy washy. And who are the SCG? Like you, I have never heard of them before, and if the 'About' section of their website is anything to go by, they seem to be a political organisation working within Somalia? But based in the UK? :confused: :confused:

Somali Concern Group

INTRODUCTION

Somali Concern Group (SCG) is a voluntary not-for profit organisation, which is a social movement and seeks social and political changes. SCG has a broad and comprehensive goal, which is to revive the dignity of the people of Somalia by mobilising the society, strengthening their brotherhood relationship and by orientating the society about the values of the peace and everlasting reconciliation between Somalis.

This movement will utilize every national democratic way to prevent the dividing elements of the Country and integration of the population. The movement believes that Somalis deserve to have a culture based upon their faith and their good customs while maintaining equal rights for all.

SCG aims to establish a strong population whose main objective is to bring about a broad civic change. The SCG will work to create connections amongst the nationalists and peace seeking forces that live inside and outside the country. In order to achieve the creation of civil movement who want the change, which will lead to the establishment of a strong and democratic nation.

AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF SCG

The aims and objectives of the Somali Concern Group are:

a) To revive and reinstate a Somali Sovereign government and to make an effort to reach an establishment that based on democracy, Somali traditions, culture and faith.

b) To work hard to achieve inclusively and the unity of Somalia and to participate the reconciliation and the efforts to bring all Somalis who have engulfed the civil war towards peaceful solutions.

c) To fight for a justice society and free from degrading.

d) To put a big effort to reach a government system based on transparency, responsibility, social and economical justice, good governance, and the rule of the law.

e) To encourage and develop free market, equal distribution of the national wealth, development of the country and eradication of poverty.

f) To work for opening up the society to facilitate the good interactions between them. And to increase the public capital and the common wealth which the society earned.

g) Supporting and encouraging social justice, development, security and peace, and to create an environment which allows a continuous steady development.

h) To support and encourage the rights of the vulnerable groups (powerless), such as the rights of the children, women, the elderly and the disable people etc.

i) To create a humanitarian projects for human development.

THE STRUCTURE SYSTEM OF SCG

a) SCG is a social movement, democratic, nationalistic, and its members will make its decisions. SCG is a movement whose members are able to demand the accountability of their leaders while following the rules and the system of SCG.

b) SCG is against degrading, and dividing the Somali society any act that can bring about all sorts of discrimination and prejudice.

c) SCG will encourage and support the rights of women and SCG will guarantee to increase the voices of women to be felt strongly with in the party. And participation of women in the highest ranks of the party and its different departments should be widely visible.

d) To work for freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of ideology, and accessibility of public records.

e) SCG is against taking/using weapons, employing force, and inflaming animosity among society.

f) SCG will work with all other national forces that are also working for peace inside and outside the country. SCG will also have a good relationship with nations/countries, which support Somali interests.

NGONGE   

The Honourable Mr. Tony Blair

Prime Minister

United Kingdom

10 Downing Street

London, SW1A 2AA

Fax No. 011-442079250918

Dear Mr Blair

We at Somalia online are sure that your Excellency is fed up with all the various open letters that you daily receive. This, sir, is not an open letter. This is a specific, plain and anxious letter.

Sir, it’s with great sorrow and rising alarm that we here at Somalia online.com (SOL) watched the tragic and sad events in London during the month of July. As news of the first bombs filtered through to us, our first and immediate thought was “what type of callous animal would do such a thing?â€

Sir, Somalis follow the Muslim faith and as such, to say that we were alarmed when we heard that the perpetrators of such acts were said to be Muslim, would be an understatement of the utmost proportion. In fact, this puts one in mind of one of PG Woodhouse’s famous episodes of Jeeves and Wooster, in which Jeeves carried out an outrageous act and then tried to play it down with nonchalant indifference. But, forgive me sir, I digressed!

Somalis in general, and those that frequent ‘Somalia Online.com’ in particular, reject all acts of terrorism, sir. We as a people and a nation scorn all those that would kill innocents for no material gain.

Sir, as you’re aware, and your foreign office will testify, Somalis are seasoned experts in the noble art of war. We can rob, murder, loot, rape and pillage with careless ease; as long as our victim is a fellow Somali. Sir, nobody knows murder better than we do. Nobody knows suffering more than we do. Nobody does rage better than us.

Mr Prime Minster, it has come to our attention that a number of Ethiopians /Eritreans masquerading as Somalis have attempted, but failed miserably, to emulate the previous Pakistani gang and blow up the London Underground System! Mr Blair, we here at SOL can assure you, and know that we speak on behalf and with the blessing of Somalis everywhere, when we say that Somalis have never nor ever will attempt any terrorist attack on London. Of course there is one tiny possibility when such an attack might take place, but the conditions and circumstances are never likely to conspire for such a thing to happen; the possibility we speak of, is if the British government grants our illustrious president (Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed) political asylum in the UK and our various ministers (led by the speaker of the Somali parliament) try to carry out an assassination attempt on his life. This is the only case in which we here at SOL could envisage any sort of aggressive attack carried out by Somalis on British soil, Sir. Your Excellency would surely agree with us on the farfetchedness and absurdness of such a scenario. Nonetheless, should your government ever grant our president political asylum, we here at SOL strongly recommend that you accompany it with constant police guard.

Sir, we would briefly like to return to those fraudulent Ethiopians and the damage they have done to the Somali name worldwide. We strongly deny such connections and would stress the importance of distancing ourselves (as users of SOL and a nation) from such murdering terrorists. Sir, we expect and humbly request that you clarify this issue in every news conference you give and help in purifying the noble Somali name.

Mr Prime Minster, many of us are law-abiding British citizens. We condemn terrorism, racism, sexism, ageism, Marxism, capitalism, imperialism and every word that ends with ‘ism’ .

Mr Blair, the coverage that your media has given us Somalis has been negative and unfair. We here at SOL would not want you to conduct the affairs of your lands under the mistaken understanding that Somalis are savages, backwards or social welfare dependents. Sir, god knows that we have our fair share of such people – 15 on the last count, all were certified mad by the way. Somalis in the UK and abroad are the talented, the selfless, and the pioneers, Sir. Somalis looked at the mannerisms of Mother Teresa and most wondered if she was not a Somali in disguise (never let your left hand see the generosity of your right). We saw the genius of Bill Gates and instinctively knew that he had a Somali gene.

Your great singer Shirley Bassy is alleged to have been married to a Somali. The former undisputed Heavy Weight Champions of the world, Lennox Lewis and Mohammed Ali are the spitting images of Somalis.

Sir, we here at SOL, hope that with every passing word our familiarity with your Excellency increases. We watch your TV interviews and the easy way in which you speak and wonder if Tony is not a dormant Somali himself (we feel at the stage that we can call you by your first name, sir). Your mannerisms, metaphors and even body language scream Somali(ness).

Tony, we are the people that gave you Raageh Omer, Iman, Waris and Ayan (though we’re not proud of that last one). In time, we’re sure to provide you with more intelligent people (it’s the Somali gene that you and they share, see). We’re sure that you’ll agree that a country that produces such beautiful and clever people is never likely to deliver ugly and dim-witted terrorists.

Tony, we here at SOL, feel that this was a useful exchange and hope that, time permitting of course, you will visit our site whenever you or any of your colleagues are faced with a Somali dilemma. Until then, Tony, some of us remain your ever-dutiful citizens and humble servants.

PS

Xxx & hugs to Cherie and the kids.

dawoco   

Someone needs to start a Not in my name campaign. All these Islamic organisations are taking an apologist point of view, being so quick with their sincere apologies and their well-wishes. What happened was bad and it affected everyone that was anywhere near the event. A bomb doesn't discriminate and kills anyone in its path, unlike police officers who are encouraged to discriminate in their search for the terrorist.

So why should we apologise? Did we encourage the bombers? Do we know them? Aren't we pulling more attention to ourselves by these meaningless and constant apologies? Will they make a difference when the stop and searches are taking place? Will having such a letter of apology make one excempt from these humiliating, colour and origin based and public searches?

Those of us living in London don't know these men, would have been as much a target for them if we were on those trains and busses (as certain nomads have indeed been) and wouldn't have been saved by being muslims. To top it all off, we have to pay the penalty for these men and their horrible and inhumane actions. So i really don't see why we should be apologising. One apologises when one does something bad. And doing so in this instance is a signed confesion by our community, to a degree...

We at Somalia online are sure that your Excellency is fed up with all the various open letters that you daily receive. This, sir, is not an open letter. This is a specific, plain and anxious letter

You heard him MR Blair, Forget all the letters you ever received, read this one.

In all fairness, this is a good letter [Lying didn’t read the entire letter].

:cool:

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops @ NGONGE. :eek:

That was seriously funny! I'm sure, were Tony to read any of our drivel, he would atleast break a smile at this one... as opposed to being numbed by the bland and badly written original. :D

lol, ngogne, though certainly personal i'm not sure about the msg your trying send ..

Mr Prime Minster, many of us are law-abiding British citizens. We condemn terrorism, racism, sexism, ageism, Marxism, capitalism, imperialism and every word that ends with ‘ism’ .

Ever wondered if you heard a song called "Revolution dub" - by Hugh Mundell and Augutus Pablo. (u can find it amazon for a sample i think ). my music hd is out of action at the mo' so i cant send it you .. but it goes like .

" run run run, revolutions coming ..."

" they bring their communism "

" they bring their capitalism .."

yep you can gues the rest ...

Foxy   

:D:D:D:D that was one hell of a crack up letter........Good One NGONGE.

Qoute

Tony, we are the people that gave you Raageh Omer, Iman, Waris and Ayan (though we’re not proud of that last one). In time, we’re sure to provide you with more intelligent people (it’s the Somali gene that you and they share, see). We’re sure that you’ll agree that a country that produces such beautiful and clever people is never likely to deliver ugly and dim-witted terrorists.

:D:D

Castro   

Tony, eh? Very funny indeed.

A not-in-our-name campaign is quite disingenuous, I believe. Do all Somalis condemn the bombings in London? I doubt it. They may not be outright terrorist sympathizers but could see the death of british citizens as justifiable. So a better a campaign slogan would be not-in-many-of-our-names.

Also, the SCG folk are opportunists who are trying to get on the good side of the UK government for recognition, grants and such. If only they could write a decent proposal for one (unlikely with their 2nd grade grammar.)

NGONGE   

Caano G,

It was a parody of a Somali open letter. Blair waa nin cad, the Somali Odayal always try to look for a connection or shared history on such occasions (see Somaliland and the way our old people there try to turn old British occupation into some sort of badge of honour). They usually end up going off on a tangent and forget the purpose of the letter altogether. :D

I think the song you’re talking about can be found here:

Full Album

Goonle   

Caano Geel how can say the grammer is bad or its badly written when you, yourself have done zip!! thats completely preposterous and bad thinking!!

I totally agree. Im sure uve noticed by now ZYPH has become content on living the rest of her life in The UK or where ever else she is. Dont expect her to have any input on the development in somalia, shes more interested in the political and social development of europe.

^ Now now, put those nails away friend, as i've said i've told every one i know i'm gonna try kill them, and i'll tell them that my friends wont either (as far as i'm aware ) if you think it will help

I totally agree.

with what?

Im sure uve noticed by now ZYPH has become content on living the rest of her life in The UK or where ever else she is. Dont expect her to have any input on the development in somalia, shes more interested in the political and social development of europe.

No, it must of been in a subtext that i also was too unpatriotic/europeanised to notice.. pls enlighten me