Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

An open letter to Tony Blair

please make sure your voice is heard and standup for your rights! the world has been unkind to us lately, but with the help of Allah and all of us, we shall overcome! just believe in your self!! u aint done nothing wrong and there is no reason that our community suffers for the wrong doing of some misguided individuals!!

but experience has thought me alot!! it thought me that without unity, we cant accomplish nothing!! its time we stand together and forget about bigotry, tribalism and selfish thoughts!

give a shot, read this and then do your part! let your voice be heard!! enjoy.....

http://www.hiiraan.org/2005/july/op/SomaliConcern.htm

Haddad   

Originally posted by rudy:

voice

A voice doesn't achieve much; muscles do. No wonder action speaks louder than words.

Jacpher   

I hope Tony Blair and his administration will take the time to read the letter.

I think the family should not have been left in the dark. The police should give them an alternative or a relocation since they are the ones that exposed them to the media. The responsibility falls to the police if God forbid something happens to the family.

What can we do as individuals? How can our voice be heard? May be we should consider emailing this letter to the media outlets.

Haddad don't give up bro/sis.

1. There are grammar mistakes in the letter

2. I don't think taking the position we are 'immune' to outside influence and do a lot for the community anyway is helpfull for us.

while distancing ourselves might seem like the logical action if it comes back to bite us it might hurt a lot more. I've seen young brothers with no intention to taking their lives let alone those of others preach shit before and doubtless i will again. But we have to acknowledge that we have problems before we can start declaring decrees to halt them.

while phrases such as:

SCG is willing to work with the government and the police with a view to eradicate those individuals who are ready to blow up themselves,

just show up the authors as ill equipped to fully analyse and understand the situation in their communities and thus unable to provide an authoritative opinion that can be taken seriously.

My opinions only ...

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

while phrases such as:

quote:

SCG is willing to work with the government and the police with a view to eradicate those individuals who are ready to blow up themselves,

just show up the authors as ill equipped to fully analyse and understand the situation in their communities and thus unable to provide an authoritative opinion that can be taken seriously.

My opinions only ...
I can just picture a group of Somali vigilantes going round and eradicating individuals that are about to blow themselves up. A priceless read.

smile.gif

^^ guys & gals dont get me wrong i agree with the sentiment but i feel it is misplaced and would be better recieved if it were more genuine in the message it tries to send.

it looks like we are missing the point! what this thread is advocating is actions and not merely words!

how can say the grammer is bad or its badly written when you, yourself have done zip!! thats completely preposterous and bad thinking!!

the objective is here to inform the powers that may be, that you can not punish a whole community by attrocities done by few! but rather to be fair and uphold the law in times of crisis!

action speaks louders than words, and hey its free to you!! why not do it!! u got nothing to lose but have your voice heard.

our community in uk is carrying the burden of this unmaginable ordeal, so the least we can is show them is our support. I am sure yall quiet understand this.

so here is the challenge to all of us! give him your opinion! tell him what you feel, whether its your disagreement with his policy in irag, africa or the police operations in london. Exercise your rights and dont let it down!

asta la vista nomads!!

Haddad   

Originally posted by rudy:

give him your opinion! tell him what you feel, whether its your disagreement with his policy in irag, africa or the police operations in london.

And what would that achieve? Is it one of your constitutional rights that you can exercise?

manaa waalan misey cadan ba laga heesaya!! brotha, why do u ask nonsense q's? i seen u say this lousy things over and over again! and frankly, i am perturbed. if we confuse u, then just go some where else and then u might get a bolt of ligthening landing on your head and voila Ureka!!

u got everthing here! so do it or walk on outta here like the cat and disappear!! whats the problem!! r u a glutton for punishment!

gimme substance but dont ask q's like we r baby sitting u!

u should know by now what rights u have as a human!! where the hick do u leave!! urnus!!

cajiib!! :(

Originally posted by Haddad:

A
voice
doesn't achieve much; muscles do. No wonder action speaks louder than words.

And Who told you this???..who told you that words are less effective than muscles....sxb..that is one of the most flawed statements I have eva came across.. you need to check again and think hard. Altho I have the feeling that you will come back with another throw in line to support your prev statement :D but hoping you wont and you will think about ur prev statement.

Cheers

Altho I have the feeling that you will come back with another throw in line to support your prev statement [big Grin]

I can bet on my life that he will....lets just wait and see maybe just maybe he will prove me wrong

Haddad   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

And Who told you this???..who told you that words are less effective than muscles....

A fact so simple like that doesn't need to be told.

Originally posted by Haddad:

quote:Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

And Who told you this???..who told you that words are less effective than muscles....

A fact so simple like that doesn't need to be
told
See..I guesed right that you are goin to come back with throw in line...

Now go and read the Quran..and come bck and repeat your statement..I hope u will see the irony! smile.gif