Maaddeey

Happy 18th

galbeedi   

Suldaanla,

While there will be people who wear these colors with pride, these parades are becoming like most communist or dictatorship parades. People are mostly forced ro march. I know that in most towns in Somaliland, students, public employees  and even universities are forced to march. I some towns the ruling class clan wears the colors while others refuse.

As times go by , 18 may will disappear just like 21 October or other revolutionary days created by Juntas.

7 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Suldaanla,

While there will be people who wear these colors with pride, these parades are becoming like most communist or dictatorship parades. People are mostly forced ro march. I know that in most towns in Somaliland, students, public employees  and even universities are forced to march. I some towns the ruling class clan wears the colors while others refuse.

As times go by , 18 may will disappear just like 21 October or other revolutionary days created by Juntas.

Far from it. In fact, the people specially the youth look forward to May 18. The atmosphere is electric and people are joyful and celebratory mood. Hardly the traits of coercion or forced people. This is true generally across all regions with the sole exception of maybe few areas where security is a concern.

21 October was surely on decline since '77 and came to end by 88. 

May 18th on the other hand is getting bigger and more elaborate year after year.  After 28 years, the Party is only getting started. 

galbeedi   

In 2011, when Shariif Ahmed objected the unilateral invention of Kenya in Somalia, even the good man Farah Macalin went to Hargeisa and said he supports Somaliland to exit the union.

So is this move from you is anger to stick to Somali government or genuine desire to dismantle Somalia. Many times I said that while Somaliland declared many others are on the way out . THey might be here physically but are already out. 

Wadankani dib u xorayn buu u baahan yahay