Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Islamists stone to death Somali woman for Adultery

Khayr   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^He's where they all seem to be - nowhere to be found. Behold - The Immaculate Fornication.

ThePoint,

You know "stoning" of an adulterer is a very sever hudood and it has very stringent requirements i.e. 4 witnesses present, confession

Not a wise political move on any movement to begin applying such hudood, so soon.

However, what I would like to ask is,

what if they stoned a married rapist?

Would that make a difference to you - Serenity and thePoint and Roobleh.

All I hear is whaling from you guys. :rolleyes:

ElPunto   

I am against a travesty of justice because it doesn't do the community(both Somali and the wider ummah) any good not to mention the victim involved. I support hudood where there is a proper administration, knowledgeable and competent jurists who follow the appropriate procedure and an informed populace.

I don't support this ---->

Amnesty: Somali rape victim, 13, stoned to death

MOGADISHU, Somalia – A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.

Dozens of men stoned Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow to death Oct. 27 in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses. The Islamic militia in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, the rights group said.

Initial local media reports said Duhulow was 23, but her father told Amnesty International she was 13. Some of the Somali journalists who first reported the killing later told Amnesty International that they had reported she was 23 based upon her physical appearance.

Calls to Somali government officials and the local administration in Kismayo rang unanswered Saturday.

"This child suffered a horrendous death at the behest of the armed opposition groups who currently control Kismayo," David Copeman, Amnesty International's Somalia campaigner, said in a statement Friday.

Somalia is among the world's most violent and impoverished countries. The nation of some 8 million people has not had a functioning government since warlords overthrew a dictator in 1991 then turned on each other.

A quarter of Somali children die before age 5; nearly every public institution has collapsed. Fighting is a daily occurrence, with violent deaths reported nearly every day.

Islamic militants with ties to al-Qaida have been battling the government and its Ethiopian allies since their combined forces pushed the Islamists from the capital in December 2006. Within weeks of being driven out, the Islamists launched an insurgency that has killed thousands of civilians.

In recent months, the militants appear to be gaining strength. The group has taken over the port of Kismayo, Somalia's third-largest city, and dismantled pro-government roadblocks. They also effectively closed the Mogadishu airport by threatening to attack any plane using it.

Cara.   

There was a case recently of a man who kidnapped, raped and then murdered an 8 year-old girl. He confessed to it, and led authorities to her unmarked grave. He wasn't married, so he wouldn't have been stoned to death if current Shariah laws were to be applied.

If there is a system of justice in which a poor divorced woman gets stoned to death for turning up pregnant, but a child rapist and murderer can pay a fine and get 80 lashes, then that system is broken.

Emperor   

^Are u knowledgeable and qualified to suggest that such person would only get 80 lashes...

Islamic Sharia law miyaad taqaanaa?

As far as my knowledge of the Diin is concerned (Ofcoz I might be wrong), that man's hand and leg would be cut in opposite and then sentenced to death. What you wrote constitute two major crimes, one is rape (Which comes under the category of fasad fil-ard) and Murder for killing the 8 year old girl.

Rape is different from Zina (consented sex of both indulgent and which is outside marriage ) and carries greater punishment.

Khayr   

ThePoint,

Incase you missed my q to you, here it is:

another false story spread by tfg crackers!! lool

good job guys! it happen in xamar...so obvisouly this must be a rape and crime done by the etho who does this on regular bases. only lil brains will believe this crap.

roobleh   

^^We're not talking about what if!

Just to remind u again, here's what we're talking about: "A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants."

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khayr:

ThePoint,

Incase you missed my q to you, here it is:

Gosh. I don't think someone who doesn't want to listen can possibly comprehend what I am saying.

A married rapist being stoned would not be a travesty of justice such as the case here of an adoloscent child who was raped getting stoned. Regardless - you need to have certain conditions in order to apply hudood laws which I talked about above. See that post.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Are u knowledgeable and qualified to suggest that such person would only get 80 lashes...

Islamic Sharia law miyaad taqaanaa?

As far as my knowledge of the Diin is concerned (Ofcoz I might be wrong), that man's hand and leg would be cut in opposite and then sentenced to death. What you wrote constitute two major crimes, one is rape (Which comes under the category of fasad fil-ard) and Murder for killing the 8 year old girl.

Rape is different from Zina (consented sex of both indulgent and which is outside marriage ) and carries greater punishment.

The point she's making is that something is wrong with the selective application of these punishments in the Islamic world that points to deeper problems. Just focus on the bigger picture.