Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Islamists stone to death Somali woman for Adultery

NGONGE   

^^ Fish, ducks and rivers of blood. :D

The other issue is a thorny one. I'll happily talk about it if you want me to. But from what angle? The changing of the way the xad for zina is applied? (like you suggest).

The confirmation that the woman was of sound body and mind when she confessed? The permissibility of her confession? The truthfulness of this whole story? The alleged dead child? The protesting relative or the allegation that she was resisting and fighting as she was lead to her death?

There is another thread here about this topic and as I commented in there, this is Pathetic, cowardly and most of all a WITCH HUNT!! :rolleyes: Why is it that when these so-called wadaado take over a city, they immedietly start enslaving and excuting women? How come in all the stoning cases we have seen, the men are never held accountable? I'm not a buying the "she came to repent so we stoned her to death" argument :rolleyes: :rolleyes: because we have heard these kinds of arguments before. When the woman came, was she in her right mind, did she bring witnesses, where was man she was involved with? Who authorized the excution, and what creditentials do they have? These are thugz and cowards hiding under false ideals :mad: :mad:

This issue is multilayered. First, we need to address what the Sharia law says about adultery. Should someone be stonned for adultery, we need four healthy walking and breathing beings to witness the act taking place. And all parties involved need to get punished.

Secondly, there has to be an officialy elected Islamic state and Ulima's presiding over such matters. Random people cannot form an "Islamic court" and excute people :eek: :eek: .

BOB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

just have a look at some of our Nomads here who hail from that city and how they are purring with delight because those in charge are doing what is expected of them. Their battle cry is that the city is safe; it is being run by responsible people that are applying the Sharia law.

Ngonge...I'm not 'happy' to see anyone die be it a female or male and I think after being a member of SOL as long as you have been you can tell by now that I'm not into clan garbage and my comments has nothing to do with tribe even if Sheikh Hassan Turkey happens to be someone that I've known as long as I can remember simply because he was good friends with my late father and I'm great friends with his son who's in S.A.

There's no battle cry here as 'WE' the rightful owners of the city are against the killing of anybody, however if one violates the Sharia and is punished accordingly then so be it but I will be the first one to tell you that its long over due because brother only if you knew what the masses from the minority backgrounds went through in Kismayo by God you'll drown in your own tears because Kismayo is arguably the most cosmopolitan city in the entire country and as you can imagine there were all kinds of people from different race and creed living there and once the civil war broke out the minority of which the likes of Somali Bantus, Arabs, Indians, Bajunis and the rest of the Somalis from the smaller Somali sub-clans were put through hell.

Only if you heard the stories my father told me who has been in Kismayo for more than 17 years I SWEAR you'd end up cursing these criminal so-called large tribes and I don't think I need to explain to you how many tribes claim the ownership of the city which in my opinion is the biggest cause of all evil as there's unbelievable hatred between these tribes and wouldn't you know it's the minorities who are caught up between these feuding giants as they say 'When Elephants Fight it's the Grass That Suffers' so I say its long overdue for those poor people to get justice and these Wadaads are providing them with that which in my opinion is the best thing to happen.

Would you believe if I told you there was a Somali Bantu guy murdered by one of the so-called large tribes simply because he lent his donkey cart to his long time neighbour and unfortunately his neighbour happened to belong to the rival clan of his murderer and that's only one case which makes me baffled here because there was no topic posted entirely dedicated to that poor Somali bantu yet here we have a topic against the Wadaads and for me that's a DOUBLE STANDARD at its best and that's my last comment on this misleading and bias topic...its amazing how no one is willing to give the Wadaads the benefit of the doubt and I would like to know what makes this 'story' so credible after all this isn't Qur'aan or Saheeh Hadeeth...I didn't know SOLers were this naive I thought people were much smarter than this but now I know...

PS. To give you a small example...why do you think the governor of the city is chosen to be a Sheikh who hails from Hargeisa instead of one from Kismayo...?Just ask yourself that.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB,

the girl that has been stoned to death heals from minority tribes, Bantu, to be precise, there are enough criminals to kill in kismayo, and all they could find is this poor woman. where is the guy who slept with her. talk about getting priorities wrong.

ElPunto   

^Why is that not surprising to me one bit? Nimankaan - their brand is absolutely in the shitters with me. You know what you're getting from the usual venal politicians and clan rabble rousers but these folks and their cunning use of Islam really take the cake.

roobleh   

Bob, are u trying to say that since warlords were killing innocents,it's okay for these colts to do the same?

I condemn both of those barbaric acts. But these horrible acts are not the same. Killing innocents in the name of God is much more horrible cuz it paints also Islam as barbaric. Their acts are helping anti-Islam movements and damaging our religion.

Khayr   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

I didnt believe this was even a story until I read it in the 'Metro' this morning.

Dont really know what to say without sounding so insulting.
:(

There was also another story concerning Somalis in the Metro this morning. Three Somali youth have been charged with the murder of another Somali youth - get this, because they had a row over whether muslims should drink alcohol.

*sigh* Dadkeena.

The Metro is your Gospel?

You people are gullible to the sensationalism of the media.

Now why would an english paper give a damn two pennies about a "stoning" in somalia. Unless ofcourse, it serves their purpose - Sensationalism via Villifying muslims. When the wadaads clean up the streets, is that a worthy article? When the wadaads give back properties to their owners, is that in the english papers? when the wadaads open up schools, is that in the english man's papers?

You are all gullible individuals. The same people who cheer on Obama just because the papers Cheer him on and ignore his foreign stance i.e. allegiance to Isreal and continuation of American foreign policy

Som@li   

BOB,

What procedures were taken before killing this poor girl? Any witness? Did any body check her sanity? Horrendous crimes are being committed in whole Somalia including Kismayo, but I believe the actions of these seef la boodyaal were unjust and uncalled for.

Crimes, at any level must be condemned, you may think this case is very trivial, but these barbaric actions, is what keeping Somalia not move forward.

Would she be touched if she was from so called "large tribes"?

What a waste!

:mad:

I agree that if a person commits and adultery that they should be executed. However, with the situation in Somalia, there is no real shariah law there. How many people do stealing, genocide, adultery but yet get away. If there was a real islamic court in Somalia all these people should be executed. Anways, if the deceased (may Allah for give her) sumbitted herself to be killed then may Allah forgive her. But if she didn't submit herself and the so called islamic court just excuted her, then that is unacceptable and they will be held accountable on the day of judgement.

Allahu Wa'alam.

NGONGE   

BOB,

Read the bit you quoted me on AGAIN but do it very slowly, saaxib. There is no hint of clannish accusations nor even an intention.

Ps

What I wrote there is true though. Your second paragraph confirms it. In fact, you actually agree with me but are just paranoid.

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:Originally posted by -Serenity-:

I didnt believe this was even a story until I read it in the 'Metro' this morning.

Dont really know what to say without sounding so insulting.
:(

There was also another story concerning Somalis in the Metro this morning. Three Somali youth have been charged with the murder of another Somali youth - get this, because they had a row over whether muslims should drink alcohol.

*sigh* Dadkeena.

The Metro is your Gospel?

You people are gullible to the sensationalism of the media.

Now why would an english paper give a damn two pennies about a "stoning" in somalia. Unless ofcourse, it serves their purpose - Sensationalism via Villifying muslims. When the wadaads clean up the streets, is that a worthy article? When the wadaads give back properties to their owners, is that in the english papers? when the wadaads open up schools, is that in the english man's papers?

You are all gullible individuals. The same people who cheer on Obama just because the papers Cheer him on and ignore his foreign stance i.e. allegiance to Isreal and continuation of American foreign policy
Khayr, there is a word/phrase for your style of debate (cant remember!) – where one associates a small, localised and unrelated events to bigger and more legitimate causes, thus making the small event, bigger than it is.

Its like when someone complaints about not being granted prayer facilities in their office (small, localised and unrelated event), and then equates it to Muslims being oppressed in Palestine and Bosnia, etc etc. It’s a tactic often used by hardline debators to garner support for their causes.

Now kindly stick to the subject at hand and put it in context.

Was it horrible? Yes.

Was it justified? No.

Is media selective in their reporting? = Yes. But that’s another subject it doesn’t take away from the heinousness of this miscarriage of justice under the Islamic banner.