Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Islamists stone to death Somali woman for Adultery

Nephissa   

Originally posted by *BOB:

Ilaahey ka cabsada ee munaafiqnimada iska daaya dadoow...

^ :D . Xajiin aa rabtaa inaa dadka ku kicisid miyaa? Illaah ka cabsasho amaa u dambeesay, amaa amaaa..*snaps fingers*

Nacalaa kuyaal wadaadada qurunka ah oo cimaamadaha kala jeeda wada wata. Mar walba dad masaakiin ah ayee dilayaan iyagoo diinta meel xun uga dhacaya.

I guess any mentally disturbed person, who is feeling a little suicidal, can NOW go to one of these so-called courts and claim they commited adultery and these wackos will not hesitate to help them end their life.

dhulQarnayn

Republic Of California

Abwaan   

I need to know more about this incident before I comment on it, arrintaan arrin sahlan ma ahan. Waxayna horseedi kartaa dembi inta qof qiiro iska qaaddo.

I didnt believe this was even a story until I read it in the 'Metro' this morning.

Dont really know what to say without sounding so insulting. :(

There was also another story concerning Somalis in the Metro this morning. Three Somali youth have been charged with the murder of another Somali youth - get this, because they had a row over whether muslims should drink alcohol.

*sigh* Dadkeena.

Abtigiis   

This sounds better than the stonning heart-break! It so happens people kill each other for lesser misunderstandings.

I am still living in Horor after I read that story! I think Islamic scholars need to come up with a timely interpretation of the stonning verdict.

Dhagax is no more acceptable at this age! I know some guys will be jumping at me for challenging established rules, but I believe this particular one needs to be REVISED! Enough with the Dogma of lama taaban karo! I know this is what most here feel, but are afraid to say.

In the end, if fear dominates our conscience, we will lose the ability to nurture our religion and enlarge its appeal without compromising on the fundamental beliefs and teachings.

Malika   

^There is a great urgency for the learned to intervene,the message some of these so called 'wadaads' are disturbing and to say the least unislamic.

Serenity, am not surprised at those youth, working in a secondary school, I had often been involved in dealing with these misguided young men/women about the deen.The conflicting messages passed on to the young people is alarming really.

As for this case,am speechless! How is it they accepted , one man as witness? What happened to the four witnesses required in such a case??

nuune   

Why can't THEY see the bigger PICTURE, and build the country or some kind of law and order, being obsessed with minor things isn't gona build a country that is in chaos and disaster.

I still want to know, who is gona stone the wadaado if they commit such acts, the nowadays wadaado commit more crime and adultery, but they seem to have some kind of immunity.

Wadaad baan ahay warafkaan u gani halkaan rabo socon meyso, umada yaan lagu cayaarin.

Abtigiis   

Dear Malika, my queen; salaams. I still can't believe people are silent on this hineous crime against humanity in the name of religion. The poor women could have been mentally challenged, for instance. Certainly, for her, to insist on being 'stonned' as the thuggish Wadaadis tell us, is not normal.

I am weeping for my slain sister! IT IS MURDER at its worst. Somali culuma must intervene. Where is that nefarious Xinn? He should lead the denunciations instead of running after that god-forsaken illusive peace caravan. Nur should also come and tell us his views. I hate cowards who hide when things need to be said.

What was done to that somali women is outrageous and for 24 hours now my mind is not focusing! Waxani waa maxay? How can 50 men stone and reduce a human body into stream of blood and meat in minutes?

Malika   

Salaam A&T,the warrior smile.gif

I wonder how these men felt,when they were stoning this woman.Can all of them say they have never committed any sin or crime against Allah?

I dont know its hard to digest this as it was hard to digest when that young boy was avenging his fathers murder.Subhanallah!

The deen is not in question here,its the interpretation of it by some.

Abtigiis   

Right Maika. It is the interpretations. It is such petty things that give our marvellous religion a bad name. Capital punishment is instituted elsewhere and there is no disputing why adultery should be punished, but why not do it in a way that is not painful to human psyche and heart?

It is not seceret I am a supporter of Alshabab, but they need to get rid of this petty things. Without establishing the enabling environment for adultery-free atmosphere through persistent teaching and change of the push factors on the gorund, merely killling 'culprits' will not attain much except to hurt our feelings and that of others, not to mention the pain of the victims.

NGONGE   

Presumably, there is a method to this madness. The argument that there are bigger fish to fry than a mere little lady who indulged in a bit of fornication and then confessed to her sin is, to be truly honest, stuff and nonsense.

Now, I understand, accept and agree with the contention that some (or even most) of these mullahs are blood hungry nincompoops (as their past actions reveal). However, this does not mean they do not know what they are doing here. Call me cynical if you will, but what would the first thing you would do when you just took control of a divided and messed up city? Would you not want to show your ability to restore law and order? Would you not want to prove to the masses that you are well and truly in control? Now, lets spice things up a little by remembering that these people came to power on the back of an Islamic agenda! What would an Islamic administration do to give the impression that they have things under control? Well, of course they’ll apply the Sharia law! It is, after all, what most people think they want and the administration’s test here is in giving people what they want. I mean, just have a look at some of our Nomads here who hail from that city and how they are purring with delight because those in charge are doing what is expected of them. Their battle cry is that the city is safe; it is being run by responsible people that are applying the Sharia law.

As for the correctness, fairness or suitability of the punishment (not to mention truthfulness of the story), well that is another kettle of fish.