Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Islamists stone to death Somali woman for Adultery

loooooooooooooooooooooool@your xeeladaysi ,, :D

The question is who is going to decide if that is the adultery and that person should be punished or not ??? is it the Islamic state ? is is a few people at a village ? is it a sheikh ? anyone ??

I don't see the big deal here.

are you guys complaining because the woman got her prescribed punishment ?

she is the one who turned herself in and asked to be punished according to the sharia ... in this day and age that takes alot of courage and iimaan.

marka iyadana danbigeeda ilaahay ha dhaafo & ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

so what is there to politicize here ?

Ashkiro   

You honestly can't be that naive. Turn herself in? What a joke, I very much doubt that to be the case, the article even mentions her kicking and screaming and as a result a death of a child. Suprise, suprise,only the woman punished here. Subhan'Allah. Ilaahay ha u naxaristo.

We are still commenting on the edges of Somali tragedy. The big picture is that Somalia has no center or single authority, Islamic or otherwise! What Somalia needs are not arbitrary executions carried out purely by the discretion of few! What Somalia needs today is a holistic approach to regain its governing authority! From Islamic perspective, removing a munkar is a legal requirement. But Islam does not permit for one to remove munkar, even if one can, if that person does not have the suldah (authority)! Having the ability to do something does not equal authority, mind you! It must be more than that especially when it’s done in the name of Islam…

Don’t let yourself sucked into these details, there are gross injustices everywhere in Somalia and no single separate political unit can do it alone.

^ Ashkiro I guess that depends on what article you read .. because I doubt that you have fist hand information about the situation.

Somali Woman Stoned to Death in South Over Adultery (Update3)

By Hamsa Omar

Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- A 23-year-old Somali woman was stoned to death in Kismayo after being convicted of adultery in a Shariah court established by Islamists who control the southern port city, an eyewitness said.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was buried in the ground up to her neck and her head covered with a black sack before she was executed yesterday, Yusuf Abdi Mohamed, a resident who attended the public event, said in a phone interview today from Kismayo, 500 kilometers (310 miles) southwest of the capital, Mogadishu.

``The evidence came from her side and she officially confirmed her guilt, while she told us that she is happy with the punishment under Islamic law,'' Sheikh Hayakalah, the Sharia court judge, said in remarks broadcast on Radio Shabelle, a Mogadishu-based broadcaster, today

Duhulow had earlier confessed to the offense, Mohamed cited Sheikh Hayakalah, the court judge, as saying at the stoning.

It was the first such execution in Kismayo since the Islamist al-Shabaab militia captured the city in August. Shariah courts operate under a code of Islamic principles first established in the Arab world by the Muslim prophet Muhammad in the seventh century. Adultery is banned by Shariah law.

Somalia is in its 18th year of civil war and hasn't had a functioning central administration since the ouster of former dictator Mohammed Siad Barre in 1991. Violence has escalated since Ethiopian troops helped Somalia's United Nations-backed government oust the Islamic Courts Union militia from southern and central parts of the country in January 2007.

otherwise it would require 4 witnesses .. which is not an easy thing .. so this version makes more sense.

but don't let me throw obstacles like logic infront of your preferred conspiracy theory.

and another question .. what does this have to do with her being a woman ?

in any case she is dead now so ilaahay ha u naxariisto, and if this story is true and she did infact ask for her punishment .. then she is to be admired because only someone with strong iimaan can do such a thing facing certain death.

ElPunto   

Xiin - Yes, but....

Self styled wadaads using the religion are doing this. Islam - and wadaads - pretty much the only place left Somalis sought decent leadership after complete disintegration. And we have these alleged atrocities and many more over the past several years. redface.gif

Personally - I automatically distrust anyone who styles themselves as wadaad or sheekh.

Abtigiis   

seeing a women stonned to death is still grisly and horrific. I can't fathom how one is capable of doing this act! Ina-lilaah! war dadku iga calool adkaa!

Hunguri, I know it is difficult to oppose that pillar of islam, but that doesn't mean I don't feel the pain of the deceased.

Xinn

Is there anyway a less painful method of execution can be adminstered to those who erred? War dhagaxu waa dhib' ninyahoow, why not do by bullet? If she has to die anyway?

I dont know!

But I blve these folks have no authority to carry out such a xad! Period! Not to mention that they have no training whatsoever to do this legal work!

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ Ashkiro I guess that depends on what article you read .. because I doubt that you have fist hand information about the situation.

quote:

Somali Woman Stoned to Death in South Over Adultery (Update3)

By Hamsa Omar

Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- A 23-year-old Somali woman was stoned to death in Kismayo after being convicted of adultery in a Shariah court established by Islamists who control the southern port city, an eyewitness said.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was buried in the ground up to her neck and her head covered with a black sack before she was executed yesterday, Yusuf Abdi Mohamed, a resident who attended the public event, said in a phone interview today from Kismayo, 500 kilometers (310 miles) southwest of the capital, Mogadishu.

``The evidence came from her side and she officially confirmed her guilt, while she told us that she is happy with the punishment under Islamic law,'' Sheikh Hayakalah, the Sharia court judge, said in remarks broadcast on Radio Shabelle, a Mogadishu-based broadcaster, today

Duhulow had earlier confessed to the offense, Mohamed cited Sheikh Hayakalah, the court judge, as saying at the stoning.

It was the first such execution in Kismayo since the Islamist al-Shabaab militia captured the city in August. Shariah courts operate under a code of Islamic principles first established in the Arab world by the Muslim prophet Muhammad in the seventh century. Adultery is banned by Shariah law.

Somalia is in its 18th year of civil war and hasn't had a functioning central administration since the ouster of former dictator Mohammed Siad Barre in 1991. Violence has escalated since Ethiopian troops helped Somalia's United Nations-backed government oust the Islamic Courts Union militia from southern and central parts of the country in January 2007.

otherwise it would require 4 witnesses .. which is not an easy thing .. so this version makes more sense.

but don't let me throw obstacles like logic infront of your preferred conspiracy theory.

and another question .. what does this have to do with her being a woman ?

in any case she is dead now so ilaahay ha u naxariisto, and if this story is true and she did infact ask for her punishment .. then she is to be admired because only someone with strong iimaan can do such a thing facing certain death.
Clearly - you fail to grasp the bigger picture. It does matter that she is a woman. Woman who are most the oppressed segment of Somali society and least culpable for its tragedy and yet get the 'priviliege' of being the first example of 'public justice' at work. I mean really! In all of that large city - couldn't anyone more worthy of execution be found? All of those individuals(men!) guilty of murder, robbery and rape - not one has been found and dealt with in a like manner to send a signal - if such was the objective. Please. :eek:

The Zack   

What part of "iyadaa codsatay in la dilo" don't you guys understand? Of course there is no central islamic government in Somalia but there is an islamic admin/court in that city and if someone comes to the court, admitts their crime and requests in la qasaaso I don't see a problem with that. What did you guys want to see? The court to say we have no authority to do this? It is a bad idea to fulfill allah's awaamir?

There were times Madina was the only islamic city in this world and still Madina's court was fulfilling allah's awaamir.

Was she first arrested for the said sin? How did she confess to the crime? Was she mentally fit? Was she married at the time of said act took place? Where is/are the men that she slept with? Shouldn't they be witnesses/co-defendants? Shouldn't we ask ourselves these kind of Questions? It is really mind bugling and hard to believe that some one would just work in a court ask for punishment..

^^ So now you can "codsi" to be murdered and the sheikh will fulfill that "codsi"? Shouldn't there be an investigation? Or Islamic shareeca doesn't have any investigation process?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

To stone to death those who do adultery, is a piller and an article in Islam. Allah baa Quraanka ku sheegay waana Aayad dhan. Qofkii ka hor yimaadana waa Gaal for no doubt. Laakiin, waxaa la odhan karaa, maadaama fusuqu batay, dadka intii xadka lagu oogi lahaa, haloo caqli celiyo. Oo halla waaniyo. Balse, ninkii ka hor yimaada aayadaha Eebe iyo Quraan-kiisa. Wallee, kaasi isagaa cirka roob ku og!

Horta ii waran, saaxib. Kolo tamaam? smile.gif

Secondly, Aayaada Quraanka ku taala ma ii sheegi karta?

Thanks.

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

War odaygan waalan Sheikh Turki la lee yahay yaa ummadda ka qabta? Why can't they just concentrate on the big issues: The Ethiopian Occupation?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Waraa Sheikha faraha nooga qaad...hadaan fornicationka xaraamta ah la joojin sidee wax ku xalismaayaan teeda kale don't jump the gun bro before making sure that 'this story' isn't propaganda manufactured by kuwa kasoo horjeeda in waddanka diinta islaamka lagu xukumo.

Peace, Love & Unity.