Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Does anyone have access...?

Ibtisam   

ABu that is very vague my dear, that covers pretty much all the articles I have ever read or stored, narrow it down to whatever question you are answering dhee.

^sense you are in a helpful mood - you mind telling me what the english word is for a word is made up two words e.g. telephone, audiovision etc.

Fabregas   

^^ The question is trying to find an explanation for the causes behind the failure of Somali Nationalism. Of course, this covers the area of state failure and rebellion movements, as they were involved in the collapse of pan SOmali ideals. I am working around the argument which claims that it failed because nationalism tried to centralize power and take power from the traditional( decentralized) systems of SOmali governance( clan rule).........

Sayid, sorry bro, I thought you specialized in the area of childrens stories and novels. :D

ps. hamas so wadado ma ha? :D

I don't user JSTOR, but i was forced to use engnet base, Ei compendex and other databases and I still have access to them as of this year and JSTORE. I've used JSTORE to do my own research on somali history, there is a lot of good articles there, but too many articles from that british author: I.M Lewis etc. I prefer reading journal articles written by somali's, although these have biases in some cases.

Cara.   

Sayid, you're looking for portmanteau.

I have access to JSTOR I think, but rarely used it. I can look up specific citations, but not doing your research for you ADZ icon_razz.gif

Fabregas   

^^ just gimme you password...carawello.....

sayid, u got my pm?

norf, i will reference as an expatriate scholar from the middle east.........

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

^^ The question is trying to find an explanation for the causes behind the failure of Somali Nationalism. Of course, this covers the area of state failure and rebellion movements, as they were involved in the collapse of pan SOmali ideals. I am working around the argument which claims that it failed because nationalism tried to centralize power and take power from the traditional( decentralized) systems of SOmali governance( clan rule).........

Sayid, sorry bro, I thought you specialized in the area of childrens stories and novels.
:D

ps. hamas so wadado ma ha?
:D

LOL :D Well i thought you were a child who had interest in somali stories ..... u know - so here it goes - sheeko sheeko, sheeko xariir ah, shilin baa dhuustay, gafana sheegay..... u want me to continue it for you :D

re "the argument which claims that it failed because nationalism tried to centralize power and take power from the traditional( decentralized) systems of SOmali governance( clan rule)........." then find and listen to Keynadiid's Garnaqsi poem - it will make you understand it better any book. it is only available in audio format. good luck.

Fabregas   

Cara or anyone else, do you have access to the articles below from JSTOR:

''Somali liberation songs'' by C legum

-''Nationalism turned inside out'' by I.M Lewis

-''Somalia from trust territory to nation'' by G Ware

-''Dilemma on the Horn of Africa'' by AA Castagno

- Fighting to be heard, Somali women's poetry by Zaynab Mohammad Jama

Paragon   

Abu I have a collection on the subject, and I think Cara has helped you out. I have the files on the PC - including most of the ones you mentioned. Marka if you need other even more important ones, PM me.

Writing from from the 1890s onwards.

I have access to it as well, although I have never used it.

if you need anyting from IEEE database baan kaa caawin karaa sidoo kale.

^ IEEE = Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers.

it is more of a standards organization they set the rules for Electrical and Communication standards, they also have annual conferences where everyone submits their entries in the hope they get published in the IEEE journals.

for example IEEE 802.3 is the standard for your everyday networks

IEEE 802.11 is the standards for wireless networks.

There are many journals within this feild ... Communications, Bio-Tech, Comp Sci etc.

let me know what you are interested in.