Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gello - The proud Soma

Need Help: Being Bullied at Work

My boss and I get along really well and have lot of informal discussions during work - That was the first day.

Now its constant intimidation and bully tactics. The work isn’t too difficult but it’s rather long and tedious. Since I was diagnosised with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), I can’t concentrate for long periods and need to be constantly entertained. I haven’t revealed my condition as yet but I can’t take this bullying anymore. Its not so much the abuse dished out or him shouting down my throat, its the silence in the office. The pressure is so intense you could cut it with a knife. Whatsomore, the chatty guy called in sick, so it just the two of us!

Need Help and fast. I am slowly drowning to the abyss of the unemployment ocean.

Cheers

Mr. G

Hubb   

Sorry to hear about your anguish. My recommendation is; deal with the heat for sake of dough OR meet with the HR director.

Mr. Gello, do u like what you do?

Miriam1   

^ Dude...he does have bills to pay!

If you are diagnosed with ADHD, are you taking any medication to help you out?

If not consider it.

I would stick in, but start looking for another job, and don't quit until you have another position lined up.

Oh and if its a large organization that you are working in with an HR department, start writing down every thing your boss does against you. So before you leave you can file a complaint against him.

I tend to be absent minded aswell, taking small personal breaks inbetween tough tasks helps, there is no need to get up or do something noticeable, just chill in your desk for a few seconds and take your mind elsewhere.

Quiting now will only make you feel bad, stick it out.

N.O.R.F   

^^The guy needs to fight back. If you're good at what you do then there is nothing to worry about. Gello come to my office saxib :D

Malika   

^Well true,he need to be assertive and address this issue through the right channels..

Gello,an ADHA suffer stuck in an office is torturous,you need to be in an enviroment that will cater for your condition,were you can change tasks so often..

I have a cousin whom in ADHA,and one requires a certain level of imaan to love him.. :D God! he is all over the place!

Ibtisam   

Since I was diagnosised with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), I can’t concentrate for long periods and need to be constantly entertained.

Now it all makes perfect sense. Now why did I not think of that before :confused:

Mr. Gello. Give it some time, as North said stand your ground, but be professional. Try be nice to him to get him off your back and do your job well, there is nothing he can say if you are doing what your are suppose to be doing. Lastly you are there not to be abused or shouted at, next time he shouts at you, tell him you don't get paid enough to be abused or shouted at and if he has aproblem or you are not doing your job as you are meant to, he can express it without shouting at you. This is not school and you are not a child, nor is he your parent.

Need Help and fast. I am slowly drowning to the abyss of the unemployment ocean.

OOh yeah, what is this? Dr, Phil like drama sessions? Come on man, you can do better than this..Be serious dude. ;) get urself together and act manly :D

chubacka   

sorry to hear that Mr. G.

don't shout at your boss or anything impulsive as this will only make things worse.

As someone said if there is a HR dept go there promptly and discuss ur prob in confidence.

If not then jst try ur best to get through the work load, let your boss know his tactics r not getting to you by acting as professional as possible.

And dnt underestimate the power of dua, ask Allah to find a way out for you inshallah.

All the best.

ilax   

One tip of gaining work concentration is to take a break in a specfic intervals. Then, try to have posative feeling for your work. The most important solution as some said, is' dua or pray' , this strengths your imam by working for making to think not this ending life but un-ending life; after here, this will help to ease your stress and discontent

Buuxo   

When all else fails...feer kala daal, iska celi ninka ...dhiiga maa lagaa miirtay? Then you can blame it on the ADHD markaad ka ciil baxdid. :D