Sign in to follow this  
Krupt33

SOMALIS ON STRIKE

OG_Girl   

(Chanhassen) Nearly one hundred Teleplan employees walked off the job Monday.

Chopper five was overhead as the workers hit the streets and a police monitored the scene.

At issue, fair treatment for the hundreds of somalis who work at the Chanhassen company.

The Somali Justice Advocacy Center says the wireless center has a number of human right issues involving the workers.

Company officials are declining to comment on the walkout

That is ALL what the link above teling us!! So tell me how you expect people to support blidly what they don't know and there is no details at all!!!?

Why these workers just walk from work? Does their union support them? Do Union ask them to stop the work , so there is talk going on between Union and the Company? Or as Somali mentality they think there is no law that they just think they needed to just walk from their jobs???

Did they council any LAWYER , ask for legal advice?

There is a lot to know before support dear. We are not in jungle, there is Laws people should follow .

Another thing I just remembered, these worker who will pay for their bills durring their strike? how they will support their families?

Did they ever think before they do all this???

Hmm.. people should educated about their rights and responsibilty otherwise they will be victimized!.

Salam

Why is that lazie girl always come out of the gate swinging, relax

and i'm still not understanding the this "human right" issue as well, the link didn't help, they basically said what you said, somalis are in strike thats it

more details please, and its weird how so many somalis are working for one company, that even the news headline brought it up, instead of that company "workers" are on strike, its telepan somali workers are on strike

NGONGE   

Yes. I support these striking workers, saaxib.

If they’re in the right, I support them to get what’s theirs.

If they’re in the wrong, I support them to sneak back into their jobs meekly and secretly.

I agree with J-11 though, some people have lived in the west far too long they forget what it was like to be a Somali.

Cajiib! This is the first time ever that I witnessed Somalis decline a gathering! Aren’t you curious, don’t you want to find out what these 100 Somalis are doing? Don’t you think that they’ll turn the place into a mini mafrash/nightclub/grocery and street? Don’t you know that the place will be swarming with boys and girls?

Don’t you know it will also become a little market where old women sell dorooc and macawisyo? These thoughts should be second nature to you, what happened to your somalnimo?

Senora   

Another thing I just remembered, these worker who will pay for their bills durring their strike? how they will support their families?

Exactly, which is why i felt the need to point out that support doesn't just have to be " your body up there posting up some banners", which some of you seem to think :rolleyes: You could voice your support by raising money for those that have families to support. Sometimes you have to just stand up for your rights, even when your aware of the risks.

But unfortunately, there just isn't enough information. So, if all you MNPLS folks could kindly help us out here....

Curly   

Sure I’d support a good cause, but the question is… is it a good cause?

Sorry but call me westernised or whatever but I’m not one to join bandwagons just because I happen to be Somali too, especially when you haven’t a clue where it’s heading.

But oh well this obviously doesn’t concern me, since I’m not even on the same continent!

Curly   

Excuse me?! :mad:

When I said you could call me westernised I didn’t mean it literally and I certainly didn’t say you could call me typical.

How rude! Being typical would be blindly following a cause I have no knowledge about …am I’m definitely not one to follow the herd, even if it means I’ll get called names.

I had more respect for you....pity you never had any for me.

N.O.R.F   

You shud support your ppl in hard times, not turn your back on them, so i've been told, just trying to pass the message on, :D

Curly   

Yeah in hardship I’ll help my people, in fact that’s my main goal in life…but it’s up to me whether I’d do on the picket lines or not. And it’s also up to me whether I want to or not

So fine Northerner, you spread the word (whatever that is), but just don’t try to force feed it to people using the techniques you used earlier.

It might be a little different in your planet but in my planet people don’t take insults too kindly, much less get swayed by them.

N.O.R.F   

I must admit my tactics are little out of touch, some say bold is beautiful, you obviously dont think so.

call me westernised or whatever

You advocate ppl to call you things then go on the defensive?

Curly   

Originally posted by Sue:

When I said you could call me westernised I didn’t mean it literally and I certainly didn’t say you could call me typical.

remember that?!

God you're memory is worse than I thought...lol

Anyways no offence taken I hope. smile.gif

Tuujiye   

The somalis in MY community is all i support...and thats only if they're fighting for a just cause.

jeez! somalis expect too much.

Ilaah aan kugu dhaarshay saan maa kaa daacad ah?......Ilaahow caqliga hanaga qaadin..

You live in a small community in BC canada; therefore you should care about bigger communities in canada like T.O and Ottawa because if they go down, what makes you think you gonna last.... and plus how could you be selfish like that? supporting only your community..my goodness listen to your self child...............

When said "unlike others" did I point finger at you? but then you knew in aad qalad gashay oo wili rabtid in aad ku adkeysatid...

Is nice to know gabdhaha westernised ah...And I always knew kuwa ee yihiin and I'm not surprice with you girls and the way you think..

OG-Girl you right sis you should support things that you know nothing off specialy when they are not organized...But sis you have to at least have in your heart to care for any somali community no matter where in the world they are..Unlike what this sister wrote.."care for only her community"..xasad sanaa ma jarmany bee ku dhalatay..Aloo yaa carooda oo jab sanbuus ah ku daqra...lol..

wareer badanaa!!!

Paragon   

Written By: Mr. 11

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy, not everyone is as visionary as you and as proud to be Somali as you and me! Some people still dont know who they're

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who might the "somebody" be?

How is it that you know so much about people, especially the ones you are referring to.

YOu might be proud of your somalinimo and showing it at every chance you get, doesn't mean the next person isn't because you don't see it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lazie: You have doubts about your Somaliness? Huh? If yes, then, good on you, if not then, what is burning you? So my pride in Somaliness offends you now? And might I add, who are you for these people I refer to? Any who is not showing his/her Somaliness in the hour of need isnt really a Somali - he/she is something else.

PS: It is only specific people who hot up under the color when one displays pride in his/her Somaliness. If 'these' specific people believe we should be ashamed of Somaliness, then, what they beleive in is nothing but nonsense.

BACK TO THE TOPIC

How are our striking fellow Somalis faring? Any achievements yet?

nuune   

I fully support anythinng that contains the word somali!!!

ps. yaab badanaa, dadkan bal eega waxa laga hadlayay iyo waxa ay galeen, subxaanalaah, in la is qabqabsado ayaaba laga helaaba, bisinka