Old_Observer

UAE seems firt theatre of the Gulf heat

Four commercial ships were targeted by sabotage near UAE waters

The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced no casualties have been reported after 4 commercial ships were subject to “sabotage operations” within UAE territorial waters.

Earlier, Fujairah Emirate Sea Port Media Office denied media reports that explosions took place at the Port of Fujairah.

The incident occurred near the UAE emirate of Fujairah, it said, one of the world’s largest bunkering hubs which lies just outside the Strait of Hormuz. The strait is a vital oil and natural gas corridor for the global energy market.

“Subjecting commercial vessels to sabotage operations and threatening the lives of their crew is considered a dangerous development,” the ministry statement said.

It gave no details about the nature of the sabotage and did not identify the vessels beyond saying they were of various nationalities. It said the incident did not result in spills.

The statement did not say who carried out the operations and made no mention of Iran, amid escalating tension in the region after the U.S. military sent forces, including an aircraft carrier, to the Middle East

galbeedi   

It is very strange. I saw this report yesterday from some news outlets who reports fire in that port. 

Yet, few hours later the port authority and UAE denied the incident saying it was false. 

It is probably fireworks and false flags  for the next war. The problem is the Emirates need lessons to create one. This one was a failure.

36 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

It is very strange. I saw this report yesterday from some news outlets who reports fire in that port. 

Yet, few hours later the port authority and UAE denied the incident saying it was false. 

It is probably fireworks and false flags  for the next war. The problem is the Emirates need lessons to create one. This one was a failure.

They are now really scared, they can smell it.

The Saudis announced two of their ships were damaged sabotaged yesterday. UAE was denying until they could not anymore. They must have called Iran repeatedly.

The whole existence of UAE depends on commerce. Commerce needs peace and security. One of their trading partner also happens to be Iran.

The Saudis have pipeline that goes to red sea and do not rely on tourism.

Farmaajo needs to take advantage when Arabs are busy to put Somalia in order, but I don't think he has the capability. From now until unknown time, would have been perfect time for Somalia to get a breather from Arabs and do some work independently or at least autonomously.

galbeedi   

The EU rejected American moves in the gulf and even rebuked them waging war. Here an adviser to Federica Mogherini even going further saying :

"I don’t think it’s possible, because to be honest, I don’t think the United States has the military capability of actually conducting a war in Iran. I mean, they can certainly go to war,” she said. “The point is that they want to win it. I mean, they haven’t exactly been able to win a war in Iraq, and it’s a country that is incomparably smaller and weaker. So I don’t think that it is a realistic objective.” 

After Sable rattling and sending some ships to the region , TRump said, " I am waiting for them to call and talk".

These Persians are not Arabs, and they said, it is all about waging psychological war against us and we won't be talking to Trump unless he reverses. 

As you said  the gulf boys could be the losers even on the hint of war. Be careful for what you wish UAE.

15 hours ago, galbeedi said:

These Persians are not Arabs,

Today in Yemen:

American/Saudi drone downed by missile

Saudi Pipeline completely shutdown for repair and investigation of the damaged pumping stations.. Hit by drones

3 hills captured by Houthi and Yemeni forces from Arab allies

If Iran becomes convinced there will be war, then the whole middle east until Afghanistan will be all small wars before Americans are in position.

Regardless Arabs will be losers. Caught in between and mistakes of their own.

galbeedi   

The Iran strategy is that if they can't ship oil no one will. 

The conventional wisdom is that neither Iran nor USA want war. Even the Saudis understand that war with Iran will be disaster for her and especially for her allies. Dubai and Abu dhabi will be the first casualties of war. One single missle to downtown Dubai and they are done. 

The problem is these Persians got the numbers of Arab dictators, and also they can smell the American bull shit from far away. 

On the other hand these Houthis must be disarmed  and join the peace process. They shouldn't be allowed to threaten Saudi Arabia or Makkah and Medina. We can't accept that.

If the price is right, we Somalis could defeat the Houthis very quickly. My condition would be total unification of Somalia, and 40,000 men armed and paid well and will give ten thousand of those boys  to defend Makkah. Heck, rather than die in the high seas or killed in tribal war, our boys will be dying defending  Makkah and Madinah. We get the worldly dollars and the Akhira rewards of defending the birthplace of Islam. 

I know the Saudis got big toys, and all the air power but wars are won by booths on the ground, by men on the ground.

My God, when these ideas of our will be implemented for change. 

Farmaajo, thing out of the box and take a side for huge price. In 1951, Turkey , Ethiopia and others joined the Korean war on the American side and both rewarded. Turkey joined NATO later and King Haile Selassie got all he wanted including annexing the Howd and Reserve in 1954.