Sign in to follow this  
nuune

India playing off with our waters, who they think they are!

Kamaavi   

I'm going with Nuune on this, the whole is FCUKED' UP. Just yesterday, the phoney Somali government collapsed, and the phoney US-paid *Islamists* swore to take the country.

Its all set up by the the Western mind, its is different;--he plans his conquest 25-50 years ahead in the future. The destruction of Somalia started back in 70s with the help of Arab countries [Egypt, Saudi Arabia]-- backed by America-- who persuade the dictator Siyad Bare -- who had no shortest of elusions of grandeur-- to wag war against Ethiopia, and they promised to help him, but they never did.That is where the sin began.

Jeesto~

Originally posted by Farancab:

I'm going with
Nuune
on this, the whole is
FCUKED' UP
. Just yesterday, the phoney Somali government collapsed, and the phoney US-paid *Islamists* swore to take the country.

Its all set up by the the Western mind, its is different;--he plans his conquest
25-50
years ahead in the future.
The destruction of Somalia
started back in 70s with the help of Arab countries [Egypt, Saudi Arabia]--
backed by America
-- who persuade the dictator Siyad Bare -- who had no shortest of elusions of grandeur-- to wag war against Ethiopia, and they promised to help him, but they never did.That is where the sin began.

Jeesto~

You would make a horrible conspiracy theorist. smile.gifsmile.gif

who persuade the dictator Siyad Bare -- who had no shortest of elusions of grandeur-- to wag war against Ethiopia,

Mhm...Good "thought provoking question" . Where is Hornafrique? :D

Ashkiro   

@I believe this piracy thing is not something ONLY Somalis are behind, I believe there are international group involved.

Like the sniper could not have been a black man :D . If there are any pirates and thiefs it's these (insert an insult here) that are in Somali territory, stealing our resources and dumping toxic waste in our country, ciil badana. Walle these fishermen wa rag ee i dah. I can only imagine the potential of our country, the heights it could reach, the resilience of the ppl, if only the political mess could be solved. :(

Great article @

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1120/p09s01-coop.htm l

ElPunto   

Here

Fool Blog: An Open Letter to Somali Pirates

By Joe "Jolly Roger" Magyer

November 18, 2008

Ahoy, Somali Pirates,

Well, someone ate their Wheaties yesterday morning, eh? Word on the street is that you've hijacked yet another ship. This time, an oil tanker. But not just any ol' oil tanker, no. This one holds 2,000,000 barrels of crude oil worth roughly $112,000,000.

Also, this one belongs to Saudi Aramco.

Now, maybe I'm just unusually paranoid about trifling with mysterious corporate juggernauts after seeing Quantum of Solace last night, but I'm a bit concerned that you've bitten off more than you can chew here. I mean, really, you thought you'd hijack $112,000,000 worth of product from the crown prince of oil companies and walk away unscathed, with a handsome booty to boot? Really? Really?

See, Saudi Aramco has a reputation to protect here. As the world's largest oil company, it can't afford to be flexed on by a group of two-bit pirates. Further, while Saudi Arabia can't go off half-cocked, let's recall that this is a national oil company you're messing with, not some weak-kneed public firm like ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM), Chevron (NYSE: CVX), Royal Dutch Shell (NYSE: RDS-A) (NYSE: RDS-B), or Total (NYSE: TOT).

Unlike those puny publicly traded peers, Saudi Aramco doesn't have a roster of shareholders that includes university endowments and teachers' unions. Its owner, King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, sports seven frigates with missile ranges up to 180 kilometers, four corvettes built by the U.S. Navy, attack boats, helicopters, and 1,200 marines.

Frankly, if it weren't for the fact that you've got a fortune of black gold under your feet, I wouldn't have been shocked to see you go down in a literal blaze of glory.

Of course, it isn't like you're without leverage here. After all, you do have around two dozen hostages from varied nationalities, not to mention that you've got a fully-loaded Saudi freighter coasting towards the pirate haven of Eyl. It is entirely possible that the Saudis could negotiate with you. And given the other option (one that involves Keyser Söze-style negotiation tactics), you'd better hope this is the route they choose.

Of course, there's always a third option, which is that they call your bluff. What would you do with 2,000,000 barrels of oil, anyway? Talk about an illiquid liquid. Unless you've got a few thousand miles of steel pipe or a couple million barrels lying around, you're probably stuck with something folks call a "stranded resource." Throw in Dennis Hopper, and we're looking at a scene straight out of Waterworld.

Anyway, don't go killing those hostages. Doing so makes it open season for bringing down the hammer on you. Plus, given that the hostages come from a range of countries, you'd risk an onslaught of undesirable attention from a host of very irked countries. Dare I say it, this brazen, foolish theft of yours might be the tipping point on the international community deciding that they're no longer going to put up with your playing pirate anymore.

One way or the other, I'm afraid some of your boys will end up walking the plank for this one. In a way, I hate to say it. After all, I do admire your gusto.

Best,

Joe "Jolly Roger" Magyer

Hayat   

Hindida loo yeedhay because they won't give a damn about these Pirates and will shoot them on sight. I hope they stay there and patrol even more

acudibillah how can u be soo out of touch!!!!

N.O.R.F   

^How is that being out of touch? Firm action is required and any armed thugs should get their just deserts. Should have been done a long time ago. US, EU and Nato members adhere to maritime 'rules of engagement'. Indian don't.

me   

^ India doesn't adhere to maritime rules of engagements when it engages weaker parties. But it stays well clear of stronger parties.

So why should the pirates adhere to maritime rules of engagement?

What gives India the right to shoot first and ask questions later? Which laws? And if India breaks maritime laws by shooting first then asking questions later, what makes the difference between India and the Pirates?

The pirates are at least treating those that are in their custody humanely, while India is killing and maiming weaker parties that it engages.

N.O.R.F   

So why should the pirates adhere to maritime rules of engagement?

:D

Not sure what you're getting into here but I personally think armed criminals attempting to hijack ships should be shot at.

NGONGE   

^^ Only when trying to hijack the ships though, not when they refuse to tell their business to some Indian ship miles away from its home. Kala saar saaxib. ;)

I do hope these pirates grab a few more important ships. The more they do it, the more furore about the pirate problem in Somali and the better the chance the world will press all sides to fix the Somali problem (and not just the piracy problem).

Waxa la yedhi, Abdullahi Yusuf is the mastermind. :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Only when trying to hijack the ships though, not when they refuse to tell their business to some Indian ship miles away from its home. Kala saar saaxib.
;)

Indeed. But then again what are 'fishermen' doing in Int waters on speedboats armed to the teeth??

Malika   

@Ngonge,Then he deserves the presidency,maa istiriid. :D

We usually get a local newspaper delivered every thrusday,guess whats on the second page? Somali youth causing havoc in ......................,oh yeah,these born thugs are a pain in the neck wallahi! :(

NGONGE   

Not the point, Norf. They still should not shoot them unless caught in the process of committing a crime. India has no bloody jurisdiction in those waters.

Malika,

He does. :D

me   

Norf - What are international ships doing in Somali waters? Shouldn't these ships be boarded, towed to friendly ports, investigated and fined if found guilty?

Secondly NGONGE makes a point, the Indian action was unlawfull because no investigation was done. For all we could know, they were fisher men fishing in international waters.

Fabregas   

India should stop this. I believe it could severly damage community relations in Southall.

@ME, the big kicks the butt of the small, even if unjustified and unprovoded. That is how the world works, sadly.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge,

It has as part of the international anti-piracy efforts. A ship with arms should be a navy. Questions will be asked and rightly so just like those with guns on the streets should be.

Me, the indians were in international waters from what I gather.