Sign in to follow this  
Africanqueen

I want to Learn how to cook....

Fabregas   

Cooking is an essential part of the culture of the thoroughbred Islamic, Somali tribeswomen of noble cushitic and Arabian origin. Other than that, it is also a likeskill in the west. I have also been told that diehard, westernised Somali feminists make the best food. Come out of the closet, yo. ;)

Originally posted by Khayr:

I am thinking of starting a 'how to cook' class for girls that become engaged. Instead of just looking pretty and going to spas before the wedding night, they can learn some very useful skills.

What do u think? Will it be a hit or what? I might hire Tammy/Amina as a guest chef cause I know they won't take it from a Farax.
;)

HIRE ME!!! I'd love to help.

No but seriously people, cooking is a skill that both men and woman should have. Now if you don't know how to cook and you are worried that your soon to be spouse will think you are handicapped, just tell him that you are learning.

There are a couple of other sites that a really useful.

Mine of course...

http://tammyssomalih ome.blogspot.com/

An American sister has some really great videos at

http://somalirecipes .com

and a Somali sister has a site called

http://mysomalifood. com

Khayr   

Originally posted by Arac:

In two years, another 21 year old will join SOL, saying how ninkeeda iney xambaarto oo meelkasta dhabarka ku sido ma'ahane si kale ma joogto. She will want to know if we have any back-strengthening exercises we could share. Another couple of years, and another 21 year old: "I want to clean my future hubby's feet, should I lick them in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction? Are baby wipes too harsh to clean him after he has been to the toilet?"

It's a strange game, the only winning strategy is not to play.

and thats why you on the farm team for 20+ years

and never been called up to PLAY. icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

LOOOOOL. Thanks for the laugh, 'Queen'. Allah made our hands delicate for cooking..maxaa kaa sii noqday markaa. LOL.

p.s This one definitely has a BEARD. :D

Cara.   

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:

Originally posted by Arac:

It's a strange game, the only winning strategy is not to play.

and thats why you on the farm team for 20+ years

and never been called up to PLAY.
icon_razz.gif:D If the alternative is stocking up on baby wipes and back braces, I think I'll sit this one out!