Sign in to follow this  
Eng.Cadde

The issue of Virginity.

It is known fact that most caltures place a high value on virginity and that the state of being a virgin is a special privilege.It turns out that our somali calture is no exception and special emphasis is put on the virginity of the girls.

I have seen and witnessed a marriage break because of bikronimo issue.The girl allegedly told her would be husband that her hymen is intact.unfortunately though,The guy found digging into a cave rather than a tight hole. :eek:

He became furious and felt betrayed.

He promptly divorced her.hal isbuuc xataa muusan qabin Gabadha.

When someone told me the Other day,I was very sympathetic to the poor guy.

so sisters,Make sure to close your legs until you figure out your worth,Spreading them for undeserving deflowers isnt a good idea. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Dabshid:

If he is not a virgin, why would he expect a virgin?

Excellent question.

Who cares about what culture places a high value upon. We should only care about what Islam places high value on. And that is virginity - both men and women's. So men, do not be tempted by women in high heels and short skirts, guard your virginity. And women, do not be deceived by the lies of immoral men, guard your purity.

It is good for a girl to stay clean before marriage but we all humans and mistakes do happen, if she is not virgin but has changed and repented from past mistakes then I don't see the reason why she shouldn't be a serious future wife.

Although the prophet (PBUH) encouraged us (Muslim men) to marry or prefer the virgins, as they will have their first experience with you.

Originally posted by Kuun-Kuun-Laminaa:

It is good for a girl to stay clean before marriage but we all humans and mistakes do happen, if she is not virgin but has changed and repented from past mistakes then I don't see the reason why she shouldn't be a serious future wife.

Although the prophet (PBUH) encouraged us (Muslim men) to marry or prefer the virgins, as they will have their first experience with you.

SOrry for my late reply,I have been busy with my semester exams.

As for the Topic,Call me an outdated freak,but if a girl had the audacity to let her cherry popped before marraige chances are that she might even fail remaining faithful to her hubby.sigaar see lagu bartaa,waa first time soo maahan until the person finds himself addicted.I know this is a silly analogy but that how it is.

I agree with you,life is all about first experiences and if you are not the one who get that privilege then hit the road jack.

I personally wouldnt even think about marrying a girl who had previous sexual encounters.that is below my standards. redface.gif

The only exception is ofcourse if she is a garoob. icon_razz.gif

Kool_Kat   

I think it is only fair for a guy to expect his wife-to-be to be a virgin only if he is also a virgin...Haduuse isaga horey usoo nuursadan, it is very selfish of him inuu san rabin mid iyadana soo nuursatay ama loosoo nuuriyay! Nacam!!! smile.gif

Yup I agree with KK. The only case, would be if the guy or the girl converted to islam, and repented to Allah, and he/she should definately get STI test. But as Allah stated in the quran good men will get a good women, so glad tidings to those who fear and controll their desires.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I think it is only fair for a guy to expect his wife-to-be to be a virgin
only
if he is also a virgin...Haduuse isaga horey usoo nuursadan, it is very selfish of him inuu san rabin mid iyadana soo nuursatay ama loosoo nuuriyay! Nacam!!!
smile.gif

Dont worry kool sis,Aniga xageyga,You are still a pearl even at the age of 40 waan ku qaadan lahaa!