Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Tuujiye: To be or Not to be a Gaal:that is the question

The Zack   

Originally posted by B:

quote:Originally posted by The Zack:

^I second that motion right there. Islam is superior to all other religions, anybody that doesn't believe that should double-check his/her faith.

Of course, there is no way of objectively substantiate this claim. Do you have evidence my friend that it is better than the rest.

A Hindu, Jew, Animist or a Muslim will all say their faith is superior to others. I believe the only way to verify this is to see it from the perspectives of people who can stride between faiths maybe like converts from one religion to another but if your born into a religion and clearly your view is bias and prejudiced!
B, good questions. My answer to that is very simple. The Qur'an and the Hadith tell me that the islam is "siraaatal mustaqim". That is the most reliable source one can quote. Adigu do u believe that all religions are the same? What is your take on this?

Originally posted by nuune:

[QB] ^^ Beer-Gaal armuuba baadari yahayba :D

:D Kolay iyo Kolayba Odaygu warkiisu ma caada,,i won't say he is Baaderi though!

I believe that every religion that teaches you to treat living things kindly is a religion which ultimately honors God, and is therefore appropriate. I don't believe mine is superior to others, and don't believe others are superior to mine. I believe all of them are forms, some more elaborate than others, of the same universal truth.

B   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

I believe that every religion that teaches you to treat living things kindly is a religion which ultimately honors God, and is therefore appropriate. I don't believe mine is superior to others, and don't believe others are superior to mine. I believe all of them are forms, some more elaborate than others, of the same universal truth.

yes, I agree with this point. All religions are equal!

The Zack   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

and I respect that. The problem here is, imagine if u are deciding to let go ur current religion but instead of just doing that you start confusing yourself and try to tell everyone what parts of your current/soon-to-be-former religion suck. That is just something nobody would appreciate. Ayan-hirsi style doesn't work. That is what some at SOL do.

NGONGE   

A discussion of faith when most of the participants fail to comprehend the meaning of faith? SOL ROCKS. :D

P.S.

LG, leave the T man alone. He's doing a great service in cornering all the trolls (note that I said trolls and not atheists).

Tuujiye, LG ii daa yaakhi. So ku may odhan Muslimah ban ahay? Dee maxaad kale ka doonaysa saaxib, in ay is qarxiso? :D

Malika   

^Party popper,it was getting entertaining how everyone is trying to convince each other they are tolerant,are free thinkers and mostly can debate as free range rationalists..Lol

Khayr   

From Layzie G.,

I occasionally watced o-man aka the factor aka O'Reilly. I do not like or dislike glen beck because I have never watched a full episode of his show(just the ocassional anecdote) or ann coulter(even thought I do read her columns from time to time), etc etc.

You made your point Layzie G., you definitely made your point Layzie G. Loud and clear, we know who's team you are on now. :D:D:D

B   

Originally posted by The Zack:

quote:Originally posted by B:

quote:

Originally posted by The Zack:

^I second that motion right there. Islam is superior to all other religions, anybody that doesn't believe that should double-check his/her faith.

Of course, there is no way of objectively substantiate this claim. Do you have evidence my friend that it is better than the rest.

A Hindu, Jew, Animist or a Muslim will all say their faith is superior to others. I believe the only way to verify this is to see it from the perspectives of people who can stride between faiths maybe like converts from one religion to another but if your born into a religion and clearly your view is bias and prejudiced!
B, good questions. My answer to that is very simple. The Qur'an and the Hadith tell me that the islam is "siraaatal mustaqim". That is the most reliable source one can quote. Adigu do u believe that all religions are the same? What is your take on this?
My friend, to me faith is personal matter between the adherent and whatever he/she adheres to. It’s not my position to say which religion is better and which one is repugnant. Clearly, some Muslims make this distinction between muslim/gaalo all too often.

Of course, all adherent of all faiths can present sources of religious texts and can claim their authenticity and superiority to all other forms of textual religious sources. I believe we need a plurality conscious framework of generating religious dialogue and plurality of faiths so as to create peace and tolerance between all people. But being divisive is not only counter-productive but also doesn't bode well for humanity as a whole.

B   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

A discussion of faith when most of the participants fail to comprehend the meaning of faith? SOL ROCKS.
:D

Of course, we are different and see things differently. Faith is relative and must be understood in terms of peoples different ideas of humanity, human nature, values and principles of morality. Unless you are saying you principles are superior to all then its best to refrain from being arrogant and dismissive. Its all relative my friend. There are no truths or universal truths for that matter!