Sign in to follow this  
codetalker

North America: Best Somali communities...

Hey, vote for the best Somali community in terms of education, housing, the job market, religious shrines, the youth/nightlife, etc...

Just curious...

Oh well, I didn't think everyone would vote for their city of residence. I'm more curious about the cities that you DON'T live in but visited and liked for whatever reason. Holla

Bachelor   

I have not seen any other cities; hence, can not make a comparison. Whereas, the place i am reside in will be THE LAST. It is sad :mad:

Honesita   

Hey, VA is the place to be....its beautiful, the pple r nice, u get good jobs that pay well, and beautiful weather...and i think its worth the expenses....but when it comes to a somali community, i'de say they're extremely weak in that...!!! So i voted for Columbs Ohio, even though it aint all that...!!!

Salaamz

Baluug   

As for housing and job market,Calgary,Alberta has got all these other cities beat!!All kinds of jobs and apartments here,rent is relatively cheap (average $700 + util. or maybe just elec.) and it is VERY,VERY easy to get low-income housing,if you call $39,000 a year(to qualify for 3 bdrm) a low income!!Plus we have 2 big masjids and Islamic school.As for youth and nightlife,I don't know.I'm an old man LOL,but we have Calgary Soccer Center,at least.So come on down to Calgary and move into the Dixon of Calgary,Shaganappi Housing!!The only problem is that all the Somalis are going to Edmonton!