Sign in to follow this  
Pig

Korean scientist resigns over fake stem cell research

Evolution is taught as a fact and every biology class you attened tells you that we decended from apes. So therefore Socod_badne you can't deny that.

You're only speaking from your own point of view but everyone knows that the "theory of evolution" is everywhere and that the majority of scientists believe in it. I have even seen somali&muslim scientists saying that evolution is a proven theory, so let's not pretend otherwise.

The other thing I hate is "opinion-polls". They are really dreadful when I watch the news and they talked about opinion polls.

Ofcourse it depends of the kind of question you ask the people and what kind of response you're looking for. Like when they say that 80% of muslims support the 7/7 atrocities and outrage it is simply not true because if you ask a certain group of people like al-muhajiroun etc of course you will get a certain reactions if you ask for example a normal person that respects the law of this nation.

let's not take things out of context shall we?

I explained myself very clearly and all you doing is a disservice. Nevertheless I will withdraw that statement. It was a mere expression used in the english language to emphasise an issue.

For example if a murderer decides to kill not a whole group of people but instead he decides to kill lets say two of them doesn't he play god because he decides who should live and who should die.

It's the same with the big pharmaceutical companies. They decide who gets the life-saving medicine and it is merely a lottery and it also depends on where you were born.

Many people on this planet die of curable and preventable disease such as malaria and chorea etc. ofcourse one could argue that they were destined to die in that way and that their time was up but Allaah the exalted knows best.

I perfectly understand that you're a little bit thick but I hope you will eventually get it despite your inadequate brain.

Originally posted by Yoonis_Cadue:

So therefore Socod_badne you can't deny that.

Oh I can! According to evolution theory we (humans) did not descend from apes. You just don't know what Evolution theory says. Do me a favour and go google search Evolution Theory and read up what the theory says. Then come and tell me if it says we descended from apes.

I know who we -- according to evolution theory -- descended from, it aint apes.

You're only speaking from your own point of view

True with added caveat: not all POVs are equal.

everyone knows that the "theory of evolution" is everywhere

You don't. So you're wrong. Again!

that the majority of scientists believe in it.

Wait a minute! Didn't you tell me you spoke to scientist who said:

All scientists I spoke to believe in this irrational and comical view of evalution.

C'mon, Yoonis, admit you're making up stuff now. I know you are (as most reasonable of this site are) but drop the pretense that you know what you're talking about.

I have even seen somali&muslim scientists saying that evolution is a proven theory, so let's not pretend otherwise.

Well, they're incompetent scientists because there is no proven science theory. Not even theory of gravity.

For example if a murderer decides to kill not a whole group of people but instead he decides to kill lets say two of them doesn't he play god because he decides who should live and who should die.

No, I disagree. But you can think of it that way if you like. However, that is not what you originally said. Here is what you said, the revised statement:

Sorry my fault it was meant to say "They also play god and put profit before human life and suffering.

Your new analogy is a whole different can of beans.

So you don't believe that we decended from apes, right?

I've already answered that twice. What would answering it a 3rd time do? I know we didn't descend from apes.

But they are your closest relatives, aren't they?

According to the latest gene study results, chimps are our closest relatives.

Please prove me wrong

Again, there is no such thing as 'prove' in science. Prove is mathematical concept, no science. Science is tentative enterprise and based on inductive reasoning. Its all about evidence and testable hypothesis.

No science theory can be proven, only demonstrated and supported with facts and experiments. As such, I can not 'prove' to you chimps are our closest relatives.

However, I have very compelling evidence. Like this study find:

New Genome Comparison Finds Chimps, Humans Very Similar at the DNA Level

Apes for that matter as chimpanzee are apes!

Good on you! Why don't you pay a visit to your chimpanzee relatives this winter. They may just cool you down.

They ain't certainly my close relatives. Another ****** theory.

No science theory can be proven, only demonstrated and supported with facts and experiments

Well that's not scientic then in the true sense of the word. You're insulting our intelligence by saying that it can't be proven for certain if that's the case you've failed in your understanding of the matter in dispute if you are not able to prove it.

Proving and Seeing is beliefing. Yes theories can be proven and the holy Quran has shown that. We didn't evolve from apes as the evolution theory claims.

So don't talk out of your back side and present nonsense as fact.

Castro   

^ Your ideas and thoughts on science are as obtuse as those on history. You said,

Proving and Seeing is beliefing.

What irony. :D

I knew you had to come to rescue adeer. BTW don't try to hurt me with your new sets of teeth. I knew you'd like to bite and test your new horse teeth laakiin aniga ha igu mudinee qof kale raadso.

I don't want to become your guineapig and fall victim to your new big teeth.

Another ****** theory.

So is the Theory of Gravity.

Well that's not scientic then in the true sense of the word. You're insulting our intelligence by saying that it can't be proven for certain if that's the case you've failed in your understanding of the matter in dispute if you are not able to prove it.

I doubt you'd know what a proper scientific theory is even if it came up to you and btich slapped you in the face.

As I said before prove is not part of science's lexicon. The reason being science is provisional, sensitive to change and revision. Science theories are based on the best knowledge of the time they're formulated. But since our knowledge is always growing/changing, so are the theories they support. Scientific theories change with time. They get revised, strengthed, weakened or outright discredited by new information/knowledge.

At the end of the day, science is about knowledge and understanding of the physical world. Prove entails logic -- which is the manipulation of symbols with a 100% certainty. But sometimes (not often) logic and reality disagree in which case -- and always! -- reality wins. So then Yoonis, if 'prove/logic' and reality are not always in agreement, how do you 'prove' scientific theories?

From your posts, it is apparent to everyone you have no understanding of how science theories are obtained. The objective criteria used to formulate them. I suggest you acquaint yourself with the ABCs of scientific theories. Here is a link that might help you, that is if you're not lazy:

Introduction to the Scientific Method

How original. Couldn't come up something written by yourself.

Why are you so lazy I'd expected a better reply than a piece of cut and paste.

It might come to a surprise to you but I have taken part in numerous experiments in the methods of "scientific research", in which I have stated a hypothesis and tested, reinvented and restated that hypothesis to the need of my research.

It is really tempting to falsify your results in order to fit and find a common pattern that are in tune with similiar earlier research but I believe you wouldn't do that.

So there is no need for me to retake the ABC's in regards to the methods used for scientific research.

Scientific theory is primarily proven by experimentation in which you put a theory into practice before you claim to have a valid "scientific theory" but judging from your incompetent replies everyone can see that you wouldn't know how scientific theory is proven. You couldn't even distinguish the patterns of scientific research and it's logic even when it flew straight into your face and btich slapped you excuse the expression hence your inability to acknowledge that "scientific theory" is primarily proven by testing and experimenting.

I would suggest to you, you do a little bit more research into this field. It really would make a good read during the holiday period to enlighten yourself into the different methods used in "scientific research" and how "scientific theories" are proven. Start with the basics Socodbadne then come back that is ofcourse you're not too busy doing other more important things like taking your clothes to the laundry or cleaning your windows.

You remind me of Faust may I borrow some words off my friend Goethe to describe your attitude?

"No dog could live thus any more!

So I have turned to magic lore,

To see if through the spirit's power and speech

Perchance full many a secret I may reach,

So that no more with bitter sweat

I need to talk of what I don't know yet,

So that I may perceive whatever holds

The world together in its inmost folds,

See all its seeds, its working power,

And cease word-threshing from this hour.

No magic in this world can help you or come to your rescue.

Especially this line describes you best so listen up:

"So that no more with bitter sweat

I need to talk (write) of what I don't know yet,"

Back to the books for you I guess. Enjoy it for as knowledge is power.