Sign in to follow this  
OneManGang

Your opinions on Somali Men!

Well said ineed. But what do you have against Somalis that come To Somali Malls? As you know , Somalis like to socialize, hence why they are at Malls

as i have said

to me it shows that brotha's have no occupation or desires for striving to be somewhere if their there 24/7-

simple !

The point I am making is other nations appreciate Somali men more than our own Sisters wonder why?

Why..out of the blues it could be that you fella's lack in showing and expressing yourself to your sistah's-

It could be that your sisters feel that you're pushing them to do something they choose not to do and hence why you jump to another enthncity cuz they've acclaimed the western culture which in extreme cases many MUSLIM SISTAH'S DONT FOLLOW.

So you guys will be guys and cats will be cats and as long as that word starting with 'p' and ending in 'y' is availble free of charge why work hard in expressing yourself emotionally to a somali sistah...

so in conclusion- i believe that this country has dysfunctized many of the somali brotha's here to a point where they long forgotten their culture and relgion and try and adopt to this uncultivated world to sistah's and when its repudiated a soaring label takes position and comments such as 'why somali sistah's not apprecaiting' roar the streets. Those who approach with respect get one in return and vise versa.

Am not bashing somali brotha's- just merely expressing my views and in such you shouldnt disrespect sistah's.

So before you start and question WHY aren't our somali sistah NOT apprecaiting - START by realizing why arent we appreciating. Because it takes one to initiate and since the odds are rare a sistah approaching a guy for a number..its time to plegde to your sistah's.

We're not here to hate nor to discourge but if we see few bad seeds- we make assumptions so best way to get rid of assumption is to show reflection of yourself- show that yuo're not like the other...then one can have hope but by standing on the side and preaching about the wrongs in somali sistah's start by realizing the wrongs which you'll do on daily bases.

N.O.R.F   

damn talk about obsession,lol,

WE LOVE YALL TOO MY LOVELY MUSLIM SOMALI SISTERS

no matter how others act on our behalf

1 luv

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

OneManGang you didnt specify what were somali girls complaining about nor did you precise in what domain are you guys viewed as inferiors to whom? To white or blacks ? Or maybe both ?You tell me.

I dont think all somali men are messed up , of course you may have some exceptions such as bad boys and in this case , you must only do one thing , carry on with your life and find the nicest ones.

The same goes for guys ,if they come across somali sisters who do not fully appreciate them , they simply have to look for better ones.

Back to the issue of guys warming up the walls in malls , I'll be lying if I said I didnt care, of course I do care. Malls might be great places to eat, to shop ,to meet some friends but I do not like when they become places where guys just stand and waste their time hollering at girls.And Alhammdulillah , all somali guys are not like that ,otherwise it would have been a problem.

Warmoog   

I'm in agreement with the majority of the sisters in this thread. Personality is an individual thing and there are "good" and "bad" people in every race, religion, etc. Moreover, you'll find "bad" Somalis amongst both the men and women, but the fact that they're Somali isn't necessarily a contributing factor. I'm of the opinion that anyone who says "all Somali men/women are no good" is either lying or possesses deeper issues which have more to do with them and not others.

Salaama.

Hi all

kkloool acuudi bilaah, who's diz...kan wamaxay sawirkiisu sidii sheydaankii u wareegaayo,

I get scary!....don know magaciis "CAPITATIVE...mean like dat"...

asxaabay waan u jeedaa kaftan beelo ah baa socda inkasto aan LATE TIME imid...laakiin waan la qabsan karaa baan filin.

plz read wit me this lyrics..DIDO - WHITE FLAG.

I like her!

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you or tell you that.

But if I didn't say it well I'd still have felt it,

where's the sense in that

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder

Or return to where we were but

I will go down with this ship and I won't put my hands up and surrender

There will be no white flag above my door,

I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again

And I caused but nothing but trouble,

I understand if you can't talk to me again

And if you live by the rules of "it's over" then I'm sure that that makes sense but

And when we meet, which I'm sure we will

All that was there, will be there still

I'll let it pass, and hold my tongue

And you will think, that I've moved on....

Personally, I have no problems with my somali brothers. Ive had little experience with the somali community (excluding my immediate family) has always been of good memories. Men were perfect gentlemen showing good mannerism. Sisters were sisters.

The only problem i do have is our people the majority male eating Khat which i find it a stealer of time especially family time, stealer of health and unnecessary expenses. Though I cant generalise all men on that. I only wish my ppl could stop taking it as it is an intoxicant.

Personally, i have a beef of somali brothers standing in front of malls day by day changing outfits to match with the different day and not to add their helpless fate or fantasy shall we say...that hopefully one day a fine somali sistah will walk through those door and say iska waran walal.That to me shows the brotha has no occupation or desires for striving to be somewhere- and those who disagree please tell me otherwise for his lack of stragdey cuz oddly enough to be a doctor you must be admitted to med school and to be a attorny you must enter law school..so out of curosity what do they enter "somali-mall-observiogy"? Come on now.... no to sound like am dawgin you fella's but ..

Ive also been very disappointed when I see our young generation in that state.

Dont kill me guys but this is what the girls have to say to warming the wall which even occurs at jams.It seems to be a problem.web page

Pacifist   

I personally don't have a problem with my brothers.

But i just have to say why we have to put down our brothers and yes sisters too. Okay every country has bad and good people. I am just tired of hearing us belittle our sisters and brothers. Somali brothers are like this and that sisters are like this and like that. Please stop this

We all have our problems but you know what lets concentrate on the good stuff instead of the bad.

LEts all try to stop the Pessemistic spelling is wrong i think.

We all have to unite for the sack for our country but better all for Islam. One united UMMAH

p.s instead of saying something about the brothers at the malls maybe we can create activities that is for the leaders ... something they can do. Be good role models

peace and love for now ;)

You know, I have to admit that in the past I had some quite harsh opinions about Somali men in general. These days I've come round a little, and I have concluded that it is just the men of my generation that I don't like.

You can say that I am generalising here, but I am 20 years, and in all this time, I must have met thousands of young Somali men, and I have utterly disliked every single one of them. It's not that I have an inherent aversion towards Somali men, but the ones that I have met were of such low calibre that I can't help but wonder whether intelligent witty non-possesive Somali men exist.

It could be that all the wonderful Somali men are moving in different circles (and perhaps in different dimensions) or maybe that my estimation of Somali men rings true on a certain level? I don't know.

Or maybe they all live in America and I might have to consider a holiday there? smile.gif

x_quizit   

lol Xu...and here i thought all the good men were overseas? guess not...doomed wherever we go...i could pass around ur application to a few good men i know...and u may wonder why i dont take them myself, thats b/c i gave them the great and prestigious honor of being called my friend, hence, they are off-limit.

Abdinuur   

Majority of Somali jiggaz are losers and I said it...so as Majority of Somali Women! So there. Truth hurts but somebody gotta say it. Look at your own little country...hope is gone..you got losers who supposed be brothers in Islam murdering each other and killing innocent families..get the point [loser]? Thank U.

When are we ever gonna get tire of he said she said crab? Ya'll need to free your minds from mental illness cuz only our minds can free ourselves. Majority of Somalis I came across are really narrow-minded who are judgemental and crazy (all they're good at is making assumptions and spreading rumors like a virus).

...And dont even dis.

Oh I thought 'friends' were a last resort, when all else fails smile.gif

Nah, men in the UK, or at least London, aren't all that great. They must share their pick-up lines or something, because they all the same ones.

LoL @ Xu...funny signature.

Despite the fact that I try to judge ppl on an individual basis, I have to say my opinion of Somali men has been speedily going downhill of late. Working within the Somali community and especially as a Court enterpreter in London, has - most unfortunately - exposed me to the dregs of our society...whom more often than not turn out to be men. I am beginning to truly believe that we live in a society so lacking in ethics and so morally bankrupt, that it is any wonder we haven't been completely wiped out yet. And before you all look to the usual scapegoat, NO, the West isn't to blame. We are wholly and solely responsible.

Kaafi,

I'm forced to agree with you.