Sign in to follow this  
OneManGang

Your opinions on Somali Men!

Whenever I go there are Somali girls complaining about something. They seem to blame every thing on Us Somali men. Why almost every Somali girl thinks we are inferior to Non-Somalis? Are we that doomed?

The other day, there was this Somali girl talkin' sh1t about us in front of some black dudes. Even if I ask my girl that I'd take her to a Somali Mall, she'd say she does not want to see 'skinny' Somali nigaz it's that bad!

So I just wanted to know the opinions of Somali girls here.Do you all think that we are the worest men in the whole planet as some girls appear to think? And remember sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. State your true opinion and don't hide anything!

J.Lee   

First, My father, whom I adore and love is a Somali man as well my brothers and cousins who constantly give me advice,priase me, scold me and care deeply for me. However, there are some individuals who happen to be somali men that I might have a low opinion of for what ever reason but it not based on the fact that they are somali.

Blessed   

I hate Somali men! :mad: I think that tey are Allah's worse creators, I can't stand to breath the same air as them :D

wait a minut waaryaada! I'm joking. Don't qoute me cos I'm just messing with ya'll icon_razz.gif

To answer your q. Like MsWord said, My father, brothers all those great men who raised, mentored and encouraged me to be the best that I can be

happen to be Somali men! So, to hate on them would in my opinion be a little UNGRATEFULL.

If you girl doesn't want to see skinny Somalis n**** what is she doing with you?

Honestly, I think girls (and men) who use this tactic of hating on their own are either begging for attention or suffer from a sever case of snobbishness.

Goodness and badness in personality is not something that can be nationalised. Being Somali has no real impact on how you behave. So you’ll find that there are some wonderful, sweet intelligent Somali men. At the same time you get some that are not so desirable. And that’s the case for every nationality, race and gender.

I think it's really ignorant to generalise- so I won't do it.

x_quizit   

One, in every society, there are the good, the bad and the ugly....these girls apparently met too many bad fishes and hence think that all somali men aren't up to par...which is of course foolish, since generalizing isn't exactly einstein"ish"...like someone else said, why would u date someone who seems to hate u? Im sure all girls can tell ya they know some somali men who arent great, but it doesn't mean that they should paint all with the same brush...same goes for men who have grudges against somali women...they got serious issues that they need to deal with...to hate ur kind is to hate urself...and they shouldn't compare with other races b/c its 2 different cultures and religions...

Khayr   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

[QB]
I hate Somali men! :mad: I think that tey are Allah's worse creators, I can't stand to breath the same air as them

Exactly what 'somali men' where you talking about when you made those 'Personal Attacks'??? :eek: :rolleyes:

AMINAH, DEJA VU? Xasooso

x_quizit   

someone obviously missed the joke part, or is this unfair slander? just another day at SOL huh...highjacking topics and bringing personal feuds...

Faheema.   

Exactly what 'somali men' where you talking about when you made those 'Personal Attacks'??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Talk about taking things out of context! :rolleyes: Khayr she also said....

wait a minut waaryaada! I'm joking. Don't qoute me cos I'm just messing with ya'll

To answer your q. Like MsWord said, My father, brothers all those great men who raised, mentored and encouraged me to be the best that I can be happen to be Somali men! So, to hate on them would in my opinion be a little UNGRATEFULL.

Subxaan Allah, I think you might be taking this a little too personal, Relax brother no need to get drag this to another thread. :rolleyes:

Tuujiye   

haahahaahahaah looooooooooooooooooooooool

Ameeena now you know how I felt when I made a joke in my post pet peeves..lol..their is no such thing called a joke any more. mac sonkor caleen shaax.. looooooool watch out...buufis aa sidii hargab camal u wareegooyo gabdhihiina ayaana laga qaaday oo wax kaste personal ka dhigaayo.what goes around comes around so next time watch for what you post.loooo ;) ooool..

waraada sheydaanka iska naara..qac'qaac I agree with you looooooooooooool....

FIRST THINGS FIRST- lay low on Ameenah acuudiyoow. JOKE PEOPLE JOKE- bisinka!

OneManGANG- to simplify your answer- no i dont think somali men are the scum of the earth not to sound redundent but my previous sisters are on point- they are those who we cherish and those who not to speak of.

Personally, i have a beef of somali brothers standing in front of malls day by day changing outfits to match with the different day and not to add their helpless fate or fantasy shall we say...that hopefully one day a fine somali sistah will walk through those door and say iska waran walal. That to me shows the brotha has no occupation or desires for striving to be somewhere- and those who disagree please tell me otherwise for his lack of stragdey cuz oddly enough to be a doctor you must be admitted to med school and to be a attorny you must enter law school..so out of curosity what do they enter "somali-mall-observiogy"? Come on now.... no to sound like am dawgin you fella's but ..

On the other hand, those women who say somali men suck- then they are fools and those who say their's nothing above em their fools. Every culture has their lil gliches- no human being is perfect and with respect to that' - it all comes down to picking and choosing someone of your caliber. So if that somali brotha standing front of suuq caramel is for you then let it be. Or if that brotha at the corporate office is your choice then let it be...whateveh it may be- its matter of choice and opinions.

So somali brotha's...you know who you are therefore dont be discouraged if a somali sistah says 'skinny mali's arent for me' be confident of who are and dont disrespect the sistah...cuz by you arguing and talkin smack will give her the oppouinity to stike back and same as for the sistah. And besides their plenty of fish in the sea...so why get caught up on just one- which you already know you despise...? Make sense?

By the way- somali brotha tend to be on the slimmer side of the scale-(lets keep it real) so dont get offend if you're called skinny..(you are who you are) f'em.

As far for myself- am happy with my choice of somali brotha's- yes some have been total mistake in the past but as far as now am more happier then i have ever been...mashallah cant complain much in that field.

Once again GANG- deeh respect the sistah's even if they dont deserve it cuz you're just lowering yourself by getting caught lip fighting with em- and quiet honestly i've heared and seen somali fella's in those situations where they talk trash about a sistah-...i know you're ego's are at the line and them choosing someone of another enthicity drills the living out of you- but rememmeber thats THEM AND YOU ARE YOU. All you can hope for is that who ever they pick; their muslims and wish em luck simple.- no need to play hate!. Life is a journey- you see some- you love some- you miss some- you lose some.

With that said...

salamu calykum.

I guess some brothers are "wounded" from other threads! Lighten up boyz!

Somali men, hmmmmmm. To be frankly honest with you, there are a few good men out there. I have met only a few in my lifetime. Men who actually know how to take care of business! Some Somali men really need to get their act together, and stop hiding behind the "Somali" culture or the "deen" to justify their actions of irresponsibility!....and that's all I'm going to say on that matter.

Ps: aren't these topics redundant ?

Originally posted by Captivating_SouL:

FIRST THINGS FIRST- lay low on Ameenah acuudiyoow. JOKE PEOPLE JOKE- bisinka!

OneManGANG- to simplify your answer- no i dont think somali men are the scum of the earth not to sound redundent but my previous sisters are on point- they are those who we cherish and those who not to speak of.

Personally, i have a beef of somali brothers standing in front of malls day by day changing outfits to match with the different day and not to add their helpless fate or fantasy shall we say...that hopefully one day a fine somali sistah will walk through those door and say iska waran walal. That to me shows the brotha has no occupation or desires for striving to be somewhere- and those who disagree please tell me otherwise for his lack of stragdey cuz oddly enough to be a doctor you must be admitted to med school and to be a attorny you must enter law school..so out of curosity what do they enter "somali-mall-observiogy"? Come on now.... no to sound like am dawgin you fella's but ..

On the other hand, those women who say somali men suck- then they are fools and those who say their's nothing above em their fools. Every culture has their lil gliches- no human being is perfect and with respect to that' - it all comes down to picking and choosing someone of your caliber. So if that somali brotha standing front of suuq caramel is for you then let it be. Or if that brotha at the corporate office is your choice then let it be...whateveh it may be- its matter of choice and opinions.

So somali brotha's...you know who you are therefore dont be discouraged if a somali sistah says 'skinny mali's arent for me' be confident of who are and dont disrespect the sistah...cuz by you arguing and talkin smack will give her the oppouinity to stike back and same as for the sistah. And besides their plenty of fish in the sea...so why get caught up on just one- which you already know you despise...? Make sense?

By the way- somali brotha tend to be on the slimmer side of the scale-(lets keep it real) so dont get offend if you're called skinny..(you are who you are) f'em.

As far for myself- am happy with my choice of somali brotha's- yes some have been total mistake in the past but as far as now am more happier then i have ever been...mashallah cant complain much in that field.

Once again GANG- deeh respect the sistah's even if they dont deserve it cuz you're just lowering yourself by getting caught lip fighting with em- and quiet honestly i've heared and seen somali fella's in those situations where they talk trash about a sistah-...i know you're ego's are at the line and them choosing someone of another enthicity drills the living out of you- but rememmeber thats THEM AND YOU ARE YOU. All you can hope for is that who ever they pick; their muslims and wish em luck simple.- no need to play hate!. Life is a journey- you see some- you love some- you miss some- you lose some.

With that said...

salamu calykum.

Well said ineed. But what do you have against Somalis that come To Somali Malls? As you know , Somalis like to socialize, hence why they are at Malls.Personally, I go to Malls to meet my male friends not hunt a piss poor Somali Female( As you may seem to think). Also, i know bunch of black and white girls who have good respect for Somali men. This Black girl told me that she wished she had a Somali boyfriend, cuz her freind got Somali male that treat her like a queen. The point I am making is other nations appreciate Somali men more than our own Sisters wonder why?

Qac Qaac   

few good men out there.

woow waa waray maxaa maanta dhacay r u ok, DA. loool.

careful though when u say, hide behind the deen, coz u don't know their intensions..

raula   

Me-I have notha against My people(somali men). Infact, I think that the respect and dignity they have for us women(somali girls, mothers, etc)cannot be doubted. For instance, If you live in a non-somali neighborhood/region/city; whenever you come across a somali men, they are very eager to talk to and are indeed pleased to see a somali lady. Or, even if u live in a somali-populated area; mostly those who come across a somali lady/mother who is walking by herself, they would offer a ride(whether it is shukansi, or being a good samaritan-that's a different tale).

Overall, no other race; marely carry out such acts of humanity. Thank you for those who respect us and show kindness.

However, it's deviated behavior and morals that make one bad,but I wouldn't generalize that to all somali men.