Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

Viking   

Clash of the Titans

Juventus and Milan go head to head this weekend and although there are many games remaining, the results could have an impact on the destination of the Scudetto in May. The goalies are (in my opinion) the two best in the world, Buffon leading with a small margin and they could play a decisive role on Saturday...

-------------------------------------------------

It is always fascinating when two top goalkeepers come head to head in a big clash and we will certainly have that on Saturday evening when Milan travel to Juventus. Nelson Dida and Gigi Buffon are without doubt two of the best in the profession and this season have been in excellent form, helping to propel their respective sides to the top of Serie A and through the Champions League group stages. Just in recent weeks, they have made saves that have gone a long way to their teams winning important games. Milan chief executive, Adriano Galliani summed it up perfectly when he said: ’Every team has its heroes, every side its champions. Dida is a Rossoneri hero, Buffon a Bianconeri hero. They are two really great champions.'

Both shot-stoppers have also been full of praise for the other. Buffon claims the Brazilian is one of the best in the trade, while Dida has hailed the Italian international as a model to follow. Saturday’s eagerly awaited contest could be determined by one of these titans of the game.

Milan and Juventus have met 243 times in total in all competitions: 84 wins for Milan, 75 draws, 84 wins for Juventus, 356 goals for Milan, 354 goals for Juventus.

Source: www.acmilan.com

-------------------------------------------------

Damn! The games have been so even and Milan only have the advantage of scoring 2 goals more than Juve. Juve is the biggest team in Italy with 26? titles and Milan is second with 17. But Milan are bigger in Europe with 6 Champions League titles (Juve have won only 2). Only Real Madrid have won more CL titles than Milan, Real has won on 9 occassions.

What are your predictions for this weekend? I think it'll be a draw but hope for a Milan win :D

FORZA MILAN!

haha... forza juve ... forzzzzzza ZLATAN!!!!!

last game was a disaster, juve played like little boys in their first game!!

c'mon ... you will have to do better than that or milan will win!!!!! (but i have faith...they will deliver...)

and ahem from a woman's perspective: even if you can't bat for both teams you can still enjoy...looking... :rolleyes:

shevi

kaka (omg) and what a player!!

nesta, just to mention the most eye catching of the lot

:rolleyes:

2-1 to juve

Fabio Capello, Emerson and Jonathan Zebina are set to get a hot reception on their return to Rome, as Juventus arrive in a game that has the potential to explode. Can Juve handle the pressure or will Milan take control of the title race?

Capello deletes Roma memories

Cassano: I want Capello back

Serie A Week 27 - 5/3/05 (20.30)

Roma - Juventus

Preview

N.O.R.F   

^^Forza Juve mate, very entertaining game, that Cassano goal was offide and Juve should not have had that penalty!

lol I had to walk out mate at 2 - 1 down :mad: :mad: , curfe was trying to get sent off, Totti arguing with everyone who would listen inbetween administering petulant kicks on emerson and a crunching tackle on zebina (both played well on there return), and as for the goals well cannavaro's was debatable cassano's was onmside as the other 2 plays remained still and the ref got it wrong on the penalty, but truth is we need a new manager Del neri is having a laugh fielding Pannuchi redface.gif , its the inter-toto cupp for us mate :rolleyes:

I think it will go down to the wire for the Title Milan so great in europe are so lucky in seria living it late once more with a 94th minute goal to see off lowlely atlanata

N.O.R.F   

cassano's was onmside as the other 2 plays remained still

The other two players were on the same side as where the ball was, making defenders confused thus interfering with play.

I'm old fashioned, if your offside, your offside

Viking   

Forza Milan!

I knew Milan would beat Roma but never thought it would be that easy. Cassano and Montella were no where to be seen in the seond half and Totti showed what he really is, a dumb genius!

Totti is bigger than the club and Cassano is a spoilt brat! They need to sell these two, get a good coach and build on the young guns they have in their squad. Only then can they again become a force to be reckonned with in Serie A.

Viking your getting to cocky sxb, ur team wasnt all that, u played well but as u rightly mentioned roma didnt play that well in the second half. The first 20 mins was all Roma and Cassano Totti and Montella were linking up beautifully.

Man i was stressed out :mad: , as soon as that donkey scored that Phaat header i texd'd my LSD (Local Shiisha Dealer) to prepare a take away for me redface.gif .

But that aside, it was good to finally see Chivu Again at the heart of our defence. The Pairing with Ferrari looked much better than anything i have seen so far this year. Likewise Aqualini Dacourt and Perrorota Played well as a trio.

The first half was Roma's and not milans, Kaka and Pirlo subdued.

I'd say that The difference between the two teams was simply the professionalism. Montella and Totti missed early chances and Milan scored with the First real chance. The fact that mister nice guy Cafu took a chunk of Curefe's Left shin didnt help either, as u would observer that pannuci was switched to left back and Crespo enjoyed bullying the hapless old timer.

Likewise it didnt help that totti and montella didnt show up in the second half.

lol am just glad i left it at 1 - 0 and 11 men on the field.

Viking   

Originally posted by Shujui-1:

Viking your getting to cocky sxb, ur team wasnt all that, u played well but as u rightly mentioned roma didnt play that well in the second half. The first 20 mins was all Roma and Cassano Totti and Montella were linking up beautifully.

LOL, sxb, I am not cocky, just saying as it was. You obviously are less objective when it comes to Roma :D

Roma played very well in the first 20 mins (as u mentionned) and slowly died off. In the second half, there was only one team on the pitch. Remember that a game is not over until the last whistle and playing well for 20 mins won't get you anywhere...Sometimes, even playing well for 90 mins isn't enough. You have to see the game thru! Remember the way Man U won the CL in 1999? Bayern was far superior, played better and created more chances but they conceded two gals in the dying minutes.

But that aside, it was good to finally see
Chivu
Again at the heart of our defence. The Pairing with
Ferrari
looked much better than anything i have seen so far this year.

I've always been a big Chivu fan ever since his days at Ajax. It's a pity that he's been out for so long.

The first half was Roma's and not milans, Kaka and Pirlo subdued.

True! Second half was Milan's, they stepped up a gear and the Roma midfield and attack were running around like lost sheep. Totti could hardly give an accurate pass in the 2nd half. I remember when he started playing for Roma at age 17, Jonas Thern was their team captain and Zeman their coach (or was it Liedholm temporarily) and I've always thought Totti was a great player. But his primadonna attitude and short temper hinder him from being a "world class" player.

I'd say that The difference between the two teams was simply the professionalism. Montella and Totti missed early chances and Milan scored with the First real chance.

Milan's side is extremely experienced and that shines thru well in their games this season. Roma have talented players who remind me of games of 'bacaad', the one touch fooball you play in the neighbourhood with a lot of flair and very little discipline.

First real chance? You forgot Crespo's chance when he was one one one with the goalie and he saved with his feet in the air.

The fact that mister nice guy Cafu took a chunk of Curefe's Left shin didnt help either, as u would observer that pannuci was switched to left back and Crespo enjoyed bullying the hapless old timer.

That's just excuses sxb. Milan were missing the best defender and the best striker in the world :D but it wouldn't be an excuse if they lost. Injuries are always unfortunate but you have to cope!...look at Liverpool's game this weekend against Everton, they lost three players in the first half, these things happen.

The best Roma I've seen the past 15 years was the couple of years Capello was their coach. He controlled the huge egos and brought in some quality players. Like I said earlier...they need to get rid of the two big-headed players in order to get anywhere...if not, they need an equally arrogant and very strict coach like Ferguson, Camacho et al. to keep them in check and bring the best out of them.

These lads should learn from the likes of Maldini; 20 years in Milan's first team and he hardly picks up yellow cards, never argues with refs, sent-off ONLY three times in his long career and is a good role-model.

Well looks like we in the end will have cesare Prandelli as our Manager. The plan for last year was to try to create a synergy between the young flock of home grown talent and newly bough players, but alas the man the bought to do that didnt get the chance to display his ability.

I remain ever hopefull, i personally think a deal that would see cassano depart to bigger climbs woulddo both parties well.

The squad is not any worse off than Parlemo's Udene's or Samp's and arguable our firt choiceline up is just as good as anyone else's apart from Milan.

So with some fresh injection of blood, and the departure of another waste of space player like Pannuci i think Roma can rise again.

Aquilani, De Rossi, Mancini to mention but a few represent the future of the club all below 24

Chivu, Ferrari, Mexes all under 24

goodfoundations to build on with a manage who knows how to work with a young team.