Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

How to create your own website from scratch

Abdinuur   

How do you create a website from scratch?

What do you need (i.e. software program, space, cost...etc)?

It would be helpful if you have created your own website and know exactly what to do.

Your time & contribution will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Kafi. Well to build a website from scratch will depend on your knowledge of HTML (don't worry if you don't know it), Still you could use some Programs like FrontPage (Excellent for beginners no need for html knowledge), Dream Weaver (little bit more complicated but GREAT FUN!),

If you are complete newbie you might consider using a template and edit them with any software you familiar with.

If you are lazy or couldn't be bother doing all that. Some companies offer free Website Express, which is pretty lame but will do the trick!

...Now if you decide to take up the challenge of designing the whole website from scratch then you'll need Web space to host your website (free ones come with ads) or BUY ONE,

The domain name. You could buy one (thousands of companies offer domain registration) or free one like WWW.DOT.TK free domain company,

once you done that, you will need a FTP (file transport protocol) programme to upload your site, mostly dream weaver comes with inbuilt FTP

Or some hosting companies like TRIPOD.COM come with HTML-FTP you could upload directly.

FREE WEBHOSTING. I did make a topic with the free hosting companies you guys could find @

OLD LINK FOR FREE WEB HOSTING COMPANIES!

p.s.; p.m. me if you need any further help.

koonfur   

What's up Kaafi?

Well, It looks like that Conspiracy summerized most of things you need for you. I just wanted to share with you some webdesign work that I played with at my college. It might be helpfull for you. Anyway, here is the link of my site. click here | Halkan Riix