Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Why most eligible bachelors pursuing marriage abroad?

-Lily-   

lol@Og Girl, I agree.

You can't win either way, and when Somali girls go off with westeners these guys grumple some more.

Hey I don't think any girl would complain if money is being spend on her and her home and she wouldn't need to work 9-5 and do the housework anyway on top of that, because , let's not fool ourselfs, just because more women than ever work does not mean housework and child-work are shared.

And that's that.

Som@li   

Nice topic, i wonder why our sisters can't see the trend,,that many bachelors are going abroad to get married..many here say it is Calaf, u are right,but let us think of basic stats,What is the ratio of somali men to women in western countries? what percentage of men go outside to get married?Last year alone seven Guys i know went to either Somalia,Egypt,UAE,Syria,Kashmir,,,

So my dear bros and sis, there is indeed a problem and if we don't do somethig abt it,in near furute,and we will have a large number of GUMAYS sitting around. :D subxanalah.

Originally posted by Garab Tuujiye:

...I do believe a man who goes over sea for a wife is weak and has low selfsteem.

u are wrong on this one bro, when u want get married u don't just marry anyone, there are many factors involved, u think of ur furure kids, ur home, how will ur home look like,,many of these guys go oversees because they are worried,they want to have a stable traditional muslim/somali family.

BTW u don't become educated by just moving to the western countries,

walaalkin

Farxan

To be honest with you, I haven’t seen this influx of young, educated handsome Somali men going back home for wives as being suggested here, but what I have seen is the following types of men that have gone back for wives:

1. Older gentlemen that needed younger wives for personal satisfaction (we all know what that is..Uf..)

2. Men that have failed in their personal lives and needed wives that could resurrect them back to life (drunkards, drug/khad addicts, basically your average loser Farax)

3. Men that were relatively successful but had social anxieties and lacked self-confidence when it came to dating strong Somali women in their own peer groups and from similar background (Accentric, Nerdy types).

In otherwords the men that are left for us sophosticated ladies here in the West, are the creme of the creme.

So on a final note, I say good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Diamante   

Posted by Flamboyant:

the only person who spoke sense in this entire worthless piece of junk-that-needs-deleting biased disgusting deluded ...( catches breath ) ...stup!d and senseless thread

how much more of this junk can we take, honestly?

x_quizit   

Flamboyant said it all....no need to elaborate...but if the men were truly honest with themselves, they would realized most of their reasons were those...in any case, to each his own...whatever makes ur day, do it...

p.s.-we have entered another era of the salem witch trials, lets call this one somali-woman trials....so nauseating seeing each thread posted by some guy whining why women are this way and that way...i got a solution for u....since somali men are so spiffy and perfect, why not marry one? smile.gif ....since its legal in alot of places, go ahead, we'll look the other way....

peace...and stop the whining, makes u look like infants needing a diaper change... icon_razz.gif

Bess.   

Originally posted by x_quizit:

Flamboyant said it all....no need to elaborate...but if the men were truly honest with themselves, they would realized most of their reasons were those...in any case, to each his own...whatever makes ur day, do it...

p.s.-we have entered another era of the salem witch trials, lets call this one somali-woman trials....so nauseating seeing each thread posted by some guy whining why women are this way and that way...i got a solution for u....since somali men are so spiffy and perfect, why not marry one?
smile.gif
....since its legal in alot of places, go ahead, we'll look the other way....

peace...and stop the whining, makes u look like infants needing a diaper change...
icon_razz.gif

way to go.... :D:D

Khayr   

Originally posted by Flamboyant:

To be honest with you, I haven’t seen this influx of young, educated handsome Somali men going back home for wives as being suggested here, but what I have seen is the following types of men that have gone back for wives:

1. Older gentlemen that needed younger wives for personal satisfaction (we all know what that is..Uf..)

2. Men that have failed in their personal lives and needed wives that could resurrect them back to life (drunkards, drug/khad addicts, basically your average loser Farax)

3. Men that were relatively successful but had social anxieties and lacked self-confidence when it came to dating strong Somali women in their own peer groups and from similar background (Accentric, Nerdy types).

In otherwords the men that are left for us sophosticated ladies here in the West, are the creme of the creme.

Where do u live again????

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SHAAXXXB]

Caveman   

Flamboyant,

type of men going abroad to get wives "Older gentlemen ...Nerdy types...drunkards, drug/khad addicts, basically your average loser Farax"

Good thing for you the player-type brothers are always here and they ain't going no where......lucky you!

Salam!

Later

Pucca   

redface.gif was there a point to all of this?? so there is a trend,how does it effect u or me?? none wat so ever, there are plenty of , smart,educated, woman loving (none of them haters),and respectable somali fishes in the sea..right??

ps. what's written is written caasha back home wont change nothing. right on flamboyant, good riddance indeed!

Bess.   

Originally posted by Chocolaat:

redface.gif
was there a point to all of this?? so there is a trend,how does it effect u or me?? none wat so ever, there are plenty of , smart,educated, woman loving (none of them haters),and respectable somali fishes in the sea..right??

ps. what's written is written caasha back home wont change nothing. right on flamboyant, good riddance indeed!

:D ...there is no reason to worry what will be will be....besides tons of great educated and progressive somali men out there for all the great somali girls out there....inshallah...there is no narrow minded and insensitive farax out there for me.... :D

Tuujiye   

HA!!!!

I wonder what NIN YAABAN would say to these girls....loooooooooooool...I missed nin yaaban and Underdog....Does of you who know them know why aan ugu xiisay labadaas...lol..

Nin Yaaban hala adeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer....

Caveman trust me my friend when nin yaaban and Underdog come back, you will be shocked.. You will understand why OG-MOTI is so old school and why qac'qaac is so negative and why Ngonge so silly and why nuune does that funky dance and why rudy is so careless and why sujue calls him self Ilcapo now and why D.A the best sister in SOL aint here and why the admin is so nice and why ee kuu dhibayaan gabdhahaan and why...... :D

waa daalay nooh...I just want to end this topic because wee dhanaanatay nooh. qaraar ee sii noqonoosaa...

ps. Nin yaaban SXB come baaaack...........

wareer badanaa!!

Qac Qaac   

X quisit is back with a bang, what an entrance..

ok there are some good girls in the west, from the origion of somali, but those one's name was destroyed by the feminen mentality girls we have now, that's why ppl generize most of the time..

for girls like hasna, buulo sorry.. magacii wala idinka haleeyay...

Harroooow EvelyOne

I have to say this...

This is most flawed reasoning I have ever seen... Sorry brother Caveman this is not an attack on you. But a critical analysis of the reasoning you presented to us and How simply the conclusion you reached contradicts the optimal outcome (although the optimal outcome arguably is subjective rather than objective)...

Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Dubai, Syria, etc…this trend has been going on for a while, but now it has became the norm lately here in N-America.

A Trend is a time series and is comparing observations (events) that were recorded at diff interval times. I don’t see how you can call the concept you presented as a trend? No observations that were recorded studied and analyzed? And see how you said "it has being going on for a while"??

Most college and university educated guys seeking life partners over there with Somali ladies with different life style and background

Tell me...what is the point of bringing someone with a diff lifestyle or background, and then put them in the same environment that you were saying have effected the Somali girls??? Any guarantees that she wont be effected just as the Somali girls who have been here for while???

Its said intelligent man marry his mother, in sense a woman that reminds him of growing up on her patient, tolerance. Its customary for Somalis to hold at most honor and prestige for the qualities of wife and “marwoâ€,

I partially agree with you on the above. But let’s move to the most important part

“THE GOOD OF THIS WORLD IS THE PIOUS WOMANâ€. And it’s been like that since the beginning of human history. What gave man the most grieve in this world is woman and what gave him the most pleasure is also a woman. You can even notice this at your local community, any married man at your area with a pious wife, you can notice from his demeanor, his calm his rationale and reasoning and how he rushing home every chance he gets.

Completely agree with you that a pious woman is summit. It is the highest point...it is the ultimate target... but are we saying there are no Somali pious woman in the west??? I don’t see the correlation between your statement about the pious woman and the trend you mentioned above. Is the trend (if for the time being we call it a trend) indicating that all the men, who went to the above mentioned countries for brides, have chosen pious women???

However, would I be wrong if I say “You are not comparing the pious women in the west and the pious women from the above countries"? If you are then that would add a whole new dimension to the argument. And if you comparing pious women from the above countries to non pious women from the west, then of course, you comparing apples to oranges. …..And they are incomparable...

Originally posted by Caveman:

“my wife is a partner, not a competitor in this hassling and wheeling World, and that is what I neededâ€.

Wonderful quote but very ambiguous. A partner would not be the best description but I understand where your friend is coming from... I understand he means a partner in life, someone to share everything with, and someone who supports you in the good/bad times...

But I believe marriage can not be entirely described as partnership. Partnership is too limited word for such a sacred and deep connection between the husband and the wife...Allah (SW) described it in the Quraan as mawaddah and rahmah...

So, most of these Bachelors trade potential ladies with their level of education and understanding, to ladies with different backgrounds then they are.

This tradeoff is personal choice and might not be the best decision on all occasions... are all the marriages with couples from diff background and countries successful?? what are the metrics and measurements for success??? 2 yrs or 3 yrs or 10 yrs or 30 yrs??

Ppl's objectives about their marriages are diverse as their characters and personalities... Is it possible that many marriages are failing not because of its the woman's fault or the man's fault but more like the marriage based on generalization (just like the concept above) "Hadda waxaa kacsan in Syria gabar laga keeno therefore waa baxaa middoo aan soo qabsanaa???"

Only Time will Tell :confused: ....

But for me..I say it is upto the individual and what they want from their marriage. I think this is the longest reply I have eva written...and prolly wont be the last... :D:D

Salaamaat