Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

Why most eligible bachelors pursuing marriage abroad?

Caveman   

Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Dubai, Syria, etc…this trend has been going on for a while, but now its has became the norm lately here in N-America. Most college and university educated guys seeking life partners over there with Somali ladies with different life style and background.

Its said intelligent man marry his mother, in sense a woman that reminds him of growing up on her patient, tolerance. Its customary for Somalis to hold at most honour and prestige for the qualities of wife and “marwoâ€, Our Prophet(pbh) said it best in a Hadith.

'Abdullah b. Amr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.

There it is, “THE GOOD OF THIS WORLD IS THE PIOUS WOMANâ€. And it’s been like that since the beginning of human history. What gave man the most grieve in this world is woman and what gave him the most pleasure is also a woman. You can even notice this at your local community, any married man at your area with a pious wife, you can notice from his demeanour, his calm his rationale and reasoning and how he rushing home every chance he gets.

Most guys started establishing contacts abroad before they where doing their last year in school and same times travel abroad before they start their first jobs. I asked why to a friend of mine who opted for this oversees approach, he said to me sxb “my wife is a partner, not a competitor in this hassling and wheeling World, and that is what I neededâ€.

So, most of these Bachelors trade potential ladies with their level of education and understanding, to ladies with different backgrounds then they are. Trust me I know there is plenty of qualified and capable ladies here in N-America. But, with this new trend could the fundamental reasoning be that qualified “marwo’s†are few or could it be they are not happy with the potential life partner here?.

Dalni   

“my wife is a partner, not a competitor in this hassling and wheeling World, and that is what I neededâ€

That sums it up, brother.

raula   

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I despise men who overlook those ladies living in the west, debasing them with derogatory comments that they have changed/acculturated/integrated to the western culture and have forgotten wat it is like to be a Somali woman anymore (which is true in some ways, but often a generalization). What the hell do you think...we choose our destiny :confused: We didn't come to this western countries to COMPETE with our opposite gender; did you forget that we have family members to feed back home :rolleyes: some women have taken the role of a bread-winner in their families. If you think a woman is gonna sit at home and watch her biological family perish to perils of human and natural disasters while she has the means to lend a hand, then you are wrong (excluding this lurking variable: qadar allah).

And plz, don’t even say that our western ladies are not pious, dutiful and responsible.

for those who believe in such misogynist ideologies-thx for feeding the world with more "INTERNALIZED RACISM" and hatred :mad:

I will stop before I fume to bubbles ;)

Samafal   

ooh..this one will be hotly debated. Caveman, dont wait for long before the hardcore Freedom For Somali Women's Party join the debate, I tell you you have a case to explain bro ;)

Qac Qaac   

I agree with yacquub, caveman u have lots to explain.. when that army comes and sees this..

u can't blame the girls though, they live in these countries, got used to this live style, watch movies, and society that would change your mind...

but is true, we need partners, not compitators..

Caveman   

Raula…sista…I am surprised you read the piece I wrote above and you came out with the though of me being part of Ideologs of men who feed the world with more of "INTERNALIZED RACISM".

I never said woman should sit at home and be that stereotypically weak and submissive. Or even the Topic here is not about woman’s place in marriage and what she is expected of her. And guess what its not only common to our community, I know an Iranian and Nigerian guys who I worked in Atlanta, both went back to their respective countries to get married. I didn’t even shared my thoughts on this, I merely acknowledge the trend and asked why?.

YACQUUB sxb thanks for the WARNING!

Raula wrote: “What the hell do you think...we choose our destinyâ€. I hope she is not affiliated with that ‘Freedom for Somali Woman’s Party’ if she is, Hope that she is the CEO, cuz if their leaders are yet to came I am dead man.

Bess.   

i guess u r forgetting that we are not home anymore....we all are in foriegn countries and things have changed....when all the somali men start taking care of thier families (after having 2-3 wives and 6 children from each)...lets not forget that he works some kind of minimum wage job or he has a depleted store or a taxi cab...then we will stay at home and not work, then maybe this statement won't sound so ridiclous “my wife is a partner, not a competitor in this hassling and wheeling World, and that is what I neededâ€. of course lets not forget that at least in america the government takes care of ur family bu giving them welfare and housing...so that automatically makes the men feel like they don't have to take of them anymore....so i say....take care of ur families and be a man....maybe then ur wife won't feel like she has to be the provider of the family because u r not taking care of ur job.....

ps....i hope u realize that we r more than a vassel that cares ur seeds to term and takes care of them later...and we have our ambitions, dreams and goals that are beyond u.....maybe we enjoy being in the hassling and wheeling World.....think about it ..... WE ARE NOT WALKING WOMBS.... :rolleyes:

PEACE

OG Moti   

Brother your friend is a wise man, he said he needs a partner not a competitor, he said it all, those who live in the west, they forget the meaning of partnership, they race with you neck to neck and all they thinking is to show you she is better than you, brother, get to Syria before the supply shortens, ka gaar sxb, listen to your wise friend… and I hope these ones in north American will come to their senses one day before it is too late and found themselves they were in a competition that never existed. Degree and Certificates doesn’t make you educated, remember that… smile.gif

Allah kariim

Peace

OG lol supplies shorten lol u making it sound very simple, i fear more round of attacks are coming ur way saxiib.

lol@Caveman

Haye lol ur already feeling the heat bro :D .

It is most deffinately a trend that is on the rise, its also true of Europe aswell from the personal knowledge i have gained.

What we can read and extrapolate from this trend is probably where the greviance, miss-understanding or should i say dissagreements and contentions arise.

nafta   

Most guys started establishing contacts abroad before they where doing their last year in school and same times travel abroad before they start their first jobs. I asked why to a friend of mine who opted for this oversees approach, he said to me sxb “my wife is a partner, not a competitor in this hassling and wheeling World, and that is what I neededâ€.

So, most of these Bachelors trade potential ladies with their level of education and understanding, to ladies with different backgrounds then they are. Trust me I know there is plenty of qualified and capable ladies here in N-America. But, with this new trend could the fundamental reasoning be that qualified “marwo’s†are few or could it be they are not happy with the potential life partner here?.

so where exactley is it that they start establishing their contacts? in another country, perhaps...if so, which one for example? I wonder where this "place abroad" is that women are waiting for men from N-America to come and marry them, because they are especially "PIOUS" :rolleyes:

What are you trying to say with this, that women should not get an education or try to work for a living, to help support their families or be a contributing factor to provide food on the table? Why should the husband feel that he is in competition with his wife in the first place?

I think he should be damn grateful in fact to know that his wife will be contributing to the rent or what not, because society's demands nowadays are too much for the man alone to meet (even though he should).

Besides, what do YOU understand under a"Pious" woman anyway?

Caveman   

Besbaaso,

Excellent point…no forum fighting with that kinda reply from me even when its done forcefully as you have…nevertheless you on point and its well taken!

Totti…lolz.. good point sxb

OG_MOTI

There is honest man in you sxb…other guys here are just WARNING! Me of the heat I unleashed here…..Syriayaa hada shidan miyaa sxb?

Salaam!

Bess.   

Originally posted by OG_MOTI:

Brother your friend is a wise man, he said he needs a partner not a competitor, he said it all, those who live in the west, they forget the meaning of partnership, they race with you neck to neck and all they thinking is to show you she is better than you, brother, get to Syria before the supply shortens, ka gaar sxb, listen to your wise friend… and I hope these ones in north American will come to their senses one day before it is too late and found themselves they were in a competition that never existed. Degree and Certificates doesn’t make you educated, remember that…
smile.gif

Allah kariim

Peace

u r so behind that u have no idea.....so chauvinist....have u though we are not competting with u( cause as u can see its not much of a fight, what were they thinking the better sex...plz...)...true we are not competting with u ...we are helping build our homes and families with u...have u heard of the phrase " two heads are better than one"....from all this i hear all of whining and *****ing....it seems that u guys are not ready to handle some educated and competant women in ur lives....luckily for us...not all men are like this and thank god for us....

and thanks caveman....i though a little force might wake u up from ur stupor..... ;)

peace