Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Girls Gone Wild- Australian Style

Rahima   

Rayaana,

I like how you base your whole argument on nothing more than hearsay. Ask any grandmother these days and she will undoubtedly tell you that the youth are rude and unruly, nothing like the respectful youth of her days. No surprise and I don’t believe I stated that they were squeaky clean-they are a product of the society they have been raised in.

how many relgious groups are there in melbourne. Do not forget you have a higher population in melbourne there so should have a higher ratio

Much more than Sydney, how do I know this? Because I have been to both cities ;) (which you dread-I was surprised because like I said you live in our Las Vegas-the most decedent city in OZ no questions asked-the gaalo attest to this dear).

Because the case here is simple. Just ask anyone and they would tell you

Nice! Ask anyone what? Is Melbourne more decadent than Sydney (girlfriend, the premier of NSW which is Sydney is the capital of, Bob Carr, would say No smile.gif !). Sydney is where the homosexuals congregate, Melbourne the intellectual elite (I’m not making this up, just look at the university ratios, the private school ratios, have a look at the last census, then we’ll talk facts rather than hearsay). Ask anyone what? That the Somali youth in Melbourne are wild and unstable? Why should I? We can all see what unfair generalizing that is. You have not been. You go on and on about I heard this and that person said that-let’s just put it this way to you, many leave here for Sydney for one of two reasons (to be fair), for employment or to have fun (you finish it off). Talking about ratios, on the assumption that Melbourne has 10 times the number of Somalis as in Sydney (based on the 2000 or was it 2001 census, the Somali community in Sydney was less than 800, Melbourne over 10,000), I expect to see 10 times as many youth getting in trouble. This is the logic dear, for me to expect to see the same number of problems amongst Somalis in a suburb where almost every third or fourth home is Somali as opposed to most probably been the only Somali family on the street or block is ridiculous. Having said all that, a few do not make the whole wild and unstable. Just to provide you with another example, have a close look at the Lebanese communities of Melbourne and Sydney-what trends do you see there? Watch ACA lately ;) ?

Anyway sister, you are right, this is useless, you know why? Because you state:

perth has lower living expenses than melbourne aaah?

See this is how I know (with all due respect walaahi) that you have absolutely next to no clue what you are talking about. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but so far I have heard nothing more than heblaayo and hebel said this and that. Going by that line of reasoning, I would be painting Sydney as hell on earth, but the reason I do not do so is because I know such arguments based on this do not stand up-they have no value.

You see, what you say to sister Amitallah has no relevance to our disagreement, but it highlights a small factor-you don’t know much about Melbourne, so asking you to produce facts about why you make such unfair, disrespectful and biased remarks against the youth of Melbourne (i.e. that they are unstable and wild) is quiet silly. It’s like asking a mechanic to diagnose an illness smile.gif . For this I apologise and leave it as just your opinion (which you are entitled to). Just for future reference don’t make such blatant remarks and paint them as real smile.gif .

Intel   

Originally posted by Farxan:

[QB]

and wat is the story of MElbourne, Sydney,Perth, Here in Brisbane, small somali community,we are like one family,so invite u to Brisbane,you won't be disappointed.

i thought you was in Wellington dude

i guess you follow the current too :D

BTW i'll be in Brisbane july 1 to 5th insha'allah,

keen to show me what hot? :cool:

Som@li   

^^Yep, i was in wellington, but am here 4 three weeks now, i am leaving on thrus,26th for somalia,if i am back by then ,of course i will take care of u. smile.gif

Saalixa   

Rahima,

Sister if you tihnk so then bravo. Stick to that perception because after all it was all due to your own ideas and reasoning which is a bit biased don't you think?

That is why i said that we need a third party to give credit or disapproval. But you look so determined and idealistic so let us come to an end and maybe start putting some input to the topic subject itself rather then starting some unwanted side debate.

As you would know that this issue is increasing and we need some preaching directed at the victims invovled. And these should be implemented by the youth. The youth helping the youth sort of program becuase i think then this would have more effective as the somali youth become so disattached and unwanting the somali community leaders. So what do you reckon. We could maybe initiate such scheme but it would have to be purely islamic and based on islamic ideals. No other way can we otherwise have a successful scheme.

So what do you reckon mate? smile.gif

Rahima   

^Right on brother ;)

That is why i said that we need a third party to give credit or disapproval. But you look so determined and

No need for a third party dear. All people are innocent until proven guilty. You cannot base guilt or unfair generalizing comments on nothing.

All I was asking is that you not paint this unfair image and at the end of the day these same youth, whether they are in Sydney or Melbourne are our brothers and sisters. Giving them this evil identity serves no purpose and solves no problem, especially if it has no basis.

So what do you reckon mate?

Sister I agree with you wholeheartedly. Our youth everywhere (not an issue restricted to reer Melbourne-which is where I disagreed) need help. We have being sucked in by the jaws of the society we have being raised in, of course as compared to how we should be. Many are just dhalinyaro and as compared to our older generation I cannot see them being much worse really.

Youth helping the youth is a great idea. It has already begun, the youth have opened their own centre here in Melbourne and they organize most events themselves without the intervention of the older generation. So far alxamdullilah it seems to be working somewhat with many youth coming back from the clasp of the western ideology.

Muhammad   

Nomads Gone Wild - Down Under style?

Ah Well, A poet long ago observed:

A glance, a smile, a friendly hello,

Some chatting, a date, then off they go!

Originally posted by Farxan:

i am leaving on thrus,26th for somalia,

Xaji ma baxday? higlo iyo dha dhaable dee igu salaan! :D;)

samira.s   

G'day mates

just wanted to give a quick shout out to some people's in New Zealand, anyone in Hamilton, Auckland, or wellington. use to live there several years ago so to all my peps over there holla at your girl.

Saalixa   

Rahima

To tell you the truth, i didn't even come up with this thought until this thread---look at the title. Did i initiate such discussion, only to my awareness that those kind of things have been happening and beyond the masses in melbourne. The poster is in Melbourne...maybe then she should know more than me right?

It is haram walaahi, the owner there respects them and they abuse that respect. It is not for free, they took it that way,,,everyone knows somalis do not pay at all.

i agree with you rayaana but it's not only them sister.there are many muslims in those schools.i know alot of them them.

:rolleyes: typical Somali nomads, where ever we DRAMA!!!!, even in OZ.

i don't mean to change topic but i miss you Aussies, anybody from Melbourne? 93-98 here.

Derbney Park Here, Kensington here. holla!! yeah. :D

I spent quite alot of time intentionally ignoring this topic...the whole "girls gone wild" didnt appeal to me despite its reference to Australians. Now this obviously a late reply and for those of you already sick of this topic my deepest apologies for reintroducing it.

Ill keep this short and sweet (well that part is arguable) Since I have a pretty good knowledge of both Melbourne and Perth (believe me) and have also spent some time in Sydney..Here are my conclusions.

1. Sydney water is terrible compared to Melbourne water...(Arent i completly unbiased :D )

2. There is no difference between the somali communities in Sydney, Melb or Perth--the majority of somalis from Perth came from Melb/Syd and typical nomads we are families constantly relocate amongst these cities and the others i havent mentioned namely Brisbane n Adelaide.

3.Now the fact of the matter is if u are from Sydney ur obliged to dislike people from Melbourne- Victoria "the place to be" smile.gif and vice versa it is a natural rivalry which began prior to federation and has unforunatly popped its superficial head up in our somali community.--Do we really have nothing betta to get annoyed about? :rolleyes:

4. Rahima i wll have to disagree on one point education standards in Perth are very advanced. It is even said that the high school standard in WA is the highest in the country.

5. I have exams to study for and I really should not be spending much time here so back to original post topic. Just one of those stories that happens very rarely but everyone knows about.Would say more but can't be stuffed. icon_razz.gif

Saalixa   

4. Rahima i wll have to disagree on one point education standards in Perth are very advanced. It is even said that the high school standard in WA is the highest in the country.

Thank you for correcting that. That is why i also disagreed with Amitia because i think the standard of schooling is high and harsh in perth and money wise.