Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Girls Gone Wild- Australian Style

Som@li   

Originally posted by Rahima:

we hear of Sydney the macalin teacher enticing a young girl and her eedo at the same time, married both, the eedo knew, not the girl, both pregnant, the guy gets a good beating…

For Gods sake, stop publishing other pple's private life,Waa dhaqan xumo,Ma wax aad ka hadashaad waydey redface.gif .THe guy u talking abt is my friend,and wat he done is none of ur business,BTW He is looking for the third one. ;):Dsmile.gif

Rahima   

^Farxan, walaalo you really need to re-read, re-think and then perhaps retract your statement.

If you had taken any notice not to mention read carefully before jumping down my throat like small child, you would of have noticed that I ended it with gossip . To be honest I did not take the story to be true, it was too far-fetched and too sickening to be the truth. I took as another load of garbage coined by Somalis, but now that you seem to clarify that as the truth, it is disgusting to say the least and to be friends with such an individual (on the assumption that what was said is the truth) is very very sad.

Having said that, did I mention names (not that I know them)? It was for me a supposed story with no faces involved, I don’t see the need for you to overreact like it matters. The other issue is walaalo, cut the BS, get down from your fake high horse and get with reality, we all do it and at least I was nice about it (I didn’t believe it, mentioned it as gossip), yet you added the dirt to it highlighting the truth behind it.

Bottom line is dear; find something worthwhile to try to preach about icon_razz.gif .

Just so that you don’t confused again, I’ll do you the honour of quoting myself, this time READ CAREFULLY:

Most of what is said amongst Somalis is gossip, you hear about the case of divorces in Melbourne (btw not generally with the youth who’ve recently tied the knot) and we hear of Sydney the macalin teacher enticing a young girl and her eedo at the same time, married both, the eedo knew, not the girl, both pregnant, the guy gets a good beating…you get my drift-Gossip.

People these days :rolleyes: ! For God sake ku lahaa like some sort of sin was committed, jeez dude ease it up and better yet perhaps you could learn to comprehend better.

Rayaana,

Sister, you seem to have missed my point or perhaps i did not explain myself well, either way we are not on par here.

Let me clarify my point just that little bit more in the event that I was ambiguous before. This my sister was not a Melbourne vs. Sydney issue, rather the issue of slandering the youth of Melbourne based on nothing more that the actions of a minority and gossip. My disagreement with you was and I quote you:

quote:

i personally think that the youth in Melbourne are very wild and unstable in the mind

and it was in return that I was questioning on what grounds do you make such allegations. How is it that the youth (majority which is what is meant by your statement) are wild and unstable, what attributes or actions make them as such (like i said, widespread adultury, widespread usage of illicit drugs, widespread difficult relations between the youth and their families, widespread events of folks running off together etc)? Please do answer these sister, I mean we can be mature about this-it may seem that I take this to heart (the claws thing was a joke I swear it , I’m getting rusty), but it’s more an issue which concerns me, I am what is to be considered “youth†and I reside in Melbourne, i mean by your statement i am wild and unstable no ? Break it down for me and please gossip such as women fornicating and dahab being stolen (this was a first for me to be honest, cajiib) does not equate as proof. If possible please do provide stats or if not possible other factors particular to Melbourne and not to be found (in equally proportional figures-based on estimates of course) across Australia or the rest of the world wherever Somalis reside. We can all rant off of course, but it would be much appreciated if we could be more specific so as to determine the truth behind such opinions.

And i cannot tell u the participants because hey i don't want to start fights on sol here, it is our custom us sydney siders to not perform such shamefull acts.

And this is the custom of the sisters of Melbourne? These are the sweeping remarks I refer to sister. Don’t forget we are all Somalis, living in Melbourne or Sydney does not change that.

as for the couples divorcing, there isn't figures as high or anywhere near to those of mels and again it is not comming from me, from its inhabitants so don't think iam being picky or making stories.

I don’t think you are being picky or making up stories, maybe believing issues a tad too lightly. Yes I agree with you, the divorce rates are most probably too high, but the question remains, how is greater in Melbourne than say Sydney for example. I mean did you go out and individually count the divorce rates in every state and based on your statistical data conclude that the figures are higher in Melbourne? I’m sure you are an intelligent sister which means I’m sure you realize you cannot say because in the year of 2004 there were 60 divorces in Melbourne but only 6 in Sydney, therefore the divorce rate in Melbourne is higher-it’s about proportion sister. In terms of the Somali population (figures), Sydney does not a hold a torch to Melbourne, much like Melbourne does not hold a torch to say London.

All my girlfriends who go there for a visit will for sure one way or the other come back witnessing a girl fight (kuu boodis) in a gathering or wedding and they reckon it is normal.

Yeah shidh happens ;) , I’m sure that had Sydney had our population the story would be very much the same. I don’t see how all these so-called events based on what heblaayo and hebel told you relate to the point here. Nothing said so far by you is factual or exclusive to Melbourne or is more prevelant in Melbourne than any other city within OZ.

I ask you sister; please highlight for me what makes the youth more wild and unstable. What makes the Somali community in Melbourne worse than say Sydney?

Finnally sister, Sydney is our Las Vegas (or San Francisco if we look at the homosexual numbers), and I’m not sure where exactly you got the idea that Somali folks here consider it to be the place for wadaadaha, trust me sister it’s the complete opposite (not that I’m saying it does not have good people or that the majority are lost), like I said it’s the place where the boys go to party (or have fun) without being seen by adeer axmad driving his taxi Saturday night . The other thing is sister, don't forget i have being to Sydney and i have seen for myself i know what i'm talking about, it is for that reason i asked you if you had visited Melbourne. As for Perth, family wise no doubt it is a better city for family life, smaller cleaner, but the problem is the opportunities are not as great, education is not as up to par and we Somalis like I said love to congregate and Perth just doesn’t have the numbers. I realize things are different in Sydney that many do move to Perth, but here not many people.

And sis what do you mean melbourne is far ahead? Ahead more than sydney?

You do realize that Melbourne is the world’s most livable city do you not (sorry had to mention that :D , it would end the discussion there)? As far as all that is considered important and used to determine livability, Melbourne not only exceeds and is far ahead of Sydney but most cities with the exception of Vancouver which also took the number one spot. I did not make this up nor did i conduct the studies, i'm just the teller.

As for that gossip, it has reached mel?

Yep and a very long time ago at that, probably the next day, you know how Somalis are, but you never take anything seriously ;) . To be honest this is a first for me in terms of the truth behind it, I gave it as an example in an attempt to show you how far-fetched gossip can be (which is what I thought it was-farfetched) and how most of what you hear about over here is also most probably false. I can't believe that it actually happened, it's almost hollywood stuff, but then again the version told here could be half false anyway.

All in all sister, nothing is taken to heart walaahi, but be advised that when making some statement be sensitive about generalizing, at least say some youth (as is the case for all cities be they Sydney, Perth, London, Toronto etc) or something along those lines rather than slandering innocent people smile.gif .

as-salamu alaikum

Parents have every right to say "no" if they believe the brother won't support or even look after their daughter very well but they have no right to say "no" if the brother is a practicing muslim and they know for a fact that he will support and look after her well.

If your parents tell you can't marry a brother who you're very interested in or would like to get married to, it's best to sit down with your parents, discuss the reason why they're saying "no" with them. It could be that they are probably misjudging the brother, pour your heart out to your parents but NEVER, i repeat, NEVER runaway with the brother and abandon your family, chances are the brother will probably label you as "easy to get" or "cheap" and if by any case he kicks you out or some problems arise within your marriage leading to divorce who will you turn for help to, you already abandon your family for him?

If your parents still keep on saying "no" even after you have explained everything to them, take them to a shiekh, maybe that way your parents will feel a bit ashamed and give you the thumps up.

Any chick that runs away with a brother and abandons her family is just naive!

wasalam

Som@li   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Farxan, walaalo you really need to re-read, re-think and then perhaps retract your statement.

If you had taken any notice not to mention read carefully before jumping down my throat like small child, you would of have noticed that I ended it with
gossip . To be honest I did not take the story to be true, it was too far-fetched and too sickening to be the truth. I took as another load of garbage coined by Somalis, but now that you seem to clarify that as the truth, it is disgusting to say the least and to be friends with such an individual (on the assumption that what was said is the truth) is very very sad.

Having said that, did I mention names (not that I know them)? It was for me a supposed story with no faces involved, I don’t see the need for you to overreact like it matters. The other issue is walaalo, cut the BS, get down from your fake high horse and get with reality, we all do it and at least I was nice about it (I didn’t believe it, mentioned it as gossip), yet you added the dirt to it highlighting the truth behind it.

Yes,the story is farfetched ,Somalida afkii baa laga falay,thought it has some elements of truth in it,Somalis have manipulated it,and did not like the ideas of spreading something not true, and making this guy a Black sheep! any way, walaalo Xaal qaado, my comments were only Kaftan, smile.gif

and wat is the story of MElbourne, Sydney,Perth, Here in Brisbane, small somali community,we are like one family,so invite u to Brisbane,you won't be disappointed. :D

Rahima   

^It's all good brother ;)

As for Brisbane, you sure are a tight knit family, all three of you, you and the two other faaraxs looking over shoulder at the screen icon_razz.gif .

Really i don't know how you guys survive, i could never handle it. My cousins (which I’m sure you'd know considering the community is so small) lived in Brisbane for two years after moving from Melbourne, they came back very grateful :D .

Queensland is good for holidays, one of these days i shall venture up there.

Saalixa   

Rahima

Right now in my corner of the country it is like 11:30 so iam too tired and weary for a debate,. I don't even remember the things you said so maybe tomorrow morning when i am bright and fresh.(Thank God it is Sunday and i don't have uni).

As for now habeen wanaagsan And Sanad Guuro Wacan in S/Land!!!

Janna   

the title misleads ppl.

Did your cousin run away? Perhaps with your man?

(Laughs)........ :rolleyes:

Aslamu alikum everyone:

(Perth is not a good option for he who is looking for his people. trust me).

Rahima

Can I ask you something? Which people you are talking about? :confused:

I know families who moved to Perth a few years back from Melbourne for the sake of cheaper housing and cheaper Islamic schools, five years down the track and their back

You are quit right over here. There were some people came to Perth from Melbourne and went back again. But what I see is that you really don't know the reason for that sister. I met a lot of them and they all didn't like here becoz it's quietness. Not quite much people live in here compared to Sydney and Melbourne. I don't blame them becoz that's what they used to it. Not becoz Melbourne has cheaper housing and cheaper Islamic schools. That’s absolutely not true. Trust me, I know what I’m talking about :cool: .if u think the houses and schools are cheap in there well I want you to know it's much cheaper and more beautiful than what you guys have in there. How does that sound smile.gif .

I finished high school in Islamic school in Perth, and i never paid any fee honey,and friend of mine from kindy.to high school he was in Islamic schools, not just he didn't pay anything to them, he got rewards (money) from the school, becoz of his achievements smile.gif .In another word there are no fees if you are talking about Islamic schools in Perth.

by the way it's not becoz they are very kind or helpful sister it's just becoz these schools get alot of money from the government to support them,specially from the new araivals,those who are learning english(ESL)s.and u know most of the students who come to these schools are like those ones.So think smile.gif where these people will get money from.it's really same honey going to non-islamic schools and going to islamic schools in perth.sorry not quit real some times you have to pay fees per subject in non-islamic schools.the islamic schools are of course better for our kids and everyone knows that for so many things.We heard about Expensive schools in UK, USA and some other countries,and about the houses lets not talk about that becoz EVEN if it's as you said, perth's houses can not be compared to melbourne and sydeny.i'm not being selfish OR mean over here.really i'm just saying the true. I’m repeating it again sister, not in Perth.

salaaaaaaam

The situation in Australia- This is how it goes!

Lexus:

It would be much better if you have said The situation in MELBOURNE than saying in Australia.

Rahima   

^wa calaykum salaam sister.

Re-read what i wrote.

I think you misunderstood.

I know families who moved to Perth a few years back from Melbourne for the sake of cheaper housing and cheaper Islamic schools, five years down the track and their back

Here it is again, they moved TO Perth FROM Melbourne for the cheaper housing and islamic schools.

Janna   

Lexus:

It would be much better if you have said The situation in MELBOURNE than saying in Australia.

redface.gif

Imagine the girls in perth running away?

Where would they go? And with who? The Abo's?

Rahima   

Amitallah,

It's all good sister, and the people i was speaking of are Somalis.

Lexus,

Why the need to always be so harsh? You can say your point in various ways, no need to put every person under the guillotine like you have something to prove.

Ease it up walaal ;) .

Rahima   

^Which related to what was said how?

It's simple really, it's called respect and being nice (I'm sure you know what they are ;) )- especially considering that the sister was all that.

Saalixa   

Ok Rahima

Back to our debate. I had a hectic week handing in assingments + tests. So you asked me did i ever visit Melbourne? that is a NO! and i repeat NOOOO! I would rather have dreaded...

However the reason i have come to such thoughts of this city next to us is all i here of its inhabitants is complaints and complaints. And one will come to think why should you move to such place if all these ppl are crying and nagging, they made me hate it actually in the beginning i never thought so low of the somlais there (not all iam not generalising), in fact my ayeeyo came to us down here for a visit and i asked if i coud for a visit to help her since she is fragile now. She simply said no, it was like but why not? and her repl was the youth in her neighbourhood are not very naughty ;) and she doesn't want me to befriend them.

So, i have many connections here and i'am not making such facts up.

But to tell you the truth, i have heard too many other places and i think somalis are taking all bad pathways in where ever they live. They are taking the wrong crowd as their role models and lose in every direction; their future, respect, family, religion and hereafter ("most important).

Ok if you don't mind me asking, how many relgious groups are there in melbourne. Do not forget you have a higher population in melbourne there so should have a higher ratio (you get what i mean-the math here).

And do not count those who last for a couple of weeks and then die out. And those established by hypocrites.

Walaal in the end of the day we should not argue. Because the case here is simple. Just ask anyone and they would tell you, we are perhaps just too bais towards our corner of the image.

Amatilaah;

what are you talking about,,, adii kumaba fahmin eh? perth has lower living expenses than melbourne aaah? Maybe you have been to the north only.

And the thing about the islamic schools to tell you the truth Somalida magacoodiba meesha ku dhintay. They have no respect in that school beacuse they only take and take, even those that have their fathers working and are able to work. It is haram walaahi, the owner there respects them and they abuse that respect. It is not for free, they took it that way,,,everyone knows somalis do not pay at all.